Mo Farah insists he will prioritise winning medals over breaking a world record ahead of this summers Olympics in Rio. [url=http

in Bewerbungen 21.08.2019 09:46
von jokergreen0220 • 1.230 Beiträge

Mo Farah insists he will prioritise winning medals over breaking a world record ahead of this summers Olympics in Rio. Kyler Murray Youth Jersey . The double Olympic champion kept his preparations for Rio on track by breaking David Moorcrofts 34-year-old British 3,000m record at the Birmingham Diamond League on Sunday.The 33-year-old, who claimed a winning time of seven minutes 32.62 seconds, now holds every major national record from the 1500m to the half-marathon - as well as four indoor national records. Despite winning seven global track titles, his only world best performance is over two miles indoors. Farah broke David Moorcrofts record by a tenth of a second Ethiopias Kenenisa Bekele, who holds the 5,000m and 10,000m world records respectively, claims Farah needs to take one of his world records to be considered an all-time great.But the Briton, who has two wins from two races this summer, is happy racking up the medals. Another double in Brazil in August would see him eclipse Bekeles haul of three Olympic and five world titles.Asked if he had ambitions to attempt a world record, Farah said: Have you seen them? You have to be realistic.Its all one year at a time. This year is all about Rio.Next year is my last track year. I will come out in London (at the World Championships at the Olympic Stadium) and then go on to the road. That is my aim. Records are hard. Adam Gemili is one of GBs leading 100m hopes in Rio Another man with his focus firmly on Rio is Adam Gemili, who was upbeat despite finishing in sixth place in the 100m with a time of 10.29 seconds.The 22-year-old, one of Great Britains leading sprint hopes, was appearing in only his second outdoor meeting since tearing a hamstring while breaking the 10-second barrier for the first time in Birmingham 12 months ago.Sundays performance fell short of the 9.97 the Alexander Stadium crowd witnessed from the former footballer last June, but Gemili said he had learned from that experience.Its not the Olympic final or anything so I dont want to push myself too hard, which is what I did last year and it ended up putting me out for the season, he said.My body is in a great place. These meets are great, but they are not the be-all and end-all. The be-all and end-all is Rio, so thats what Im working towards and hopefully I can go out there and deliver. Also See: Farah breaks 34-year record WHO asks for new Zika probe Haason Reddick Youth Jersey .com) - Devin Booker scored 19 points and top-ranked Kentucky put on a defensive clinic in an 83-44 obliteration of UCLA in the CBS Sports Classic. Pat Tillman Youth Jersey .Just like old times.Only this time, just one got to enjoy a victory.James return to Miami as an opponent was a success — for the Heat, that is. Wade scored 24 of his 31 points in the first half, Luol Deng had 25 points and dogged James defensively all night, and the Heat beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 101-91 in a hyped Christmas matchup Thursday. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Andy-Isabella-Jersey/ . - Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II says the NFL has told the team it will not be docked a pick in this years draft for coach Mike Tomlins foray onto the field against Baltimore last November.SAN DIEGO -- Jimmy Walker is playing the opening two rounds of the Farmers Insurance Open with Tiger Woods. That will be 35 more holes than the first time they played together. Walker was a senior at Baylor when he used his parents credit card -- against their wishes because it was during finals -- to go through Monday qualifying for the Byron Nelson Championship. He got in the field and after taking one final exam, ran up to Dallas for a practice round at Cottonwood Valley using a local caddie. "All of a sudden, Tiger is over on the front nine and my guys is like, Hey, theres Tiger over there," Walker said. This was 2001. It was Woods first tournament since he won the Masters for his fourth straight major. "So he pretty much was owning everybody," Walker said. Woods skipped over to the par 5 that Walker was playing, so Walker picked up his ball and headed to the next tee. Woods picked up his ball and headed to the same tee. "Hes like, Can I play through you? Im trying to play real fast and get a couple of holes in? I said, Dude, you can do whatever you want," Walker recalled. So this was the one hole they played together, and iit was memorable for Walker for one reason. Kurt Warner Cardinals Jersey. "I am literally shaking," he said. "I have every bad-swing thought possible -- dont shank it, top it, all that stuff. I make contact. I look up and its heading right at it. Cant see it because its kind of in the setting sun. We walked down there and he asked whats going on, I told him I Monday qualified. We talked and it was really cool and he was really nice. We get down there and his ball is about 15 feet away and mines about 6 feet away." Woods picked up his ball and was on his way. But there was a lesson for Walker. "I can remember thinking, Man, if I was that nervous and I hit that good of a shot, I guarantee I will never be that nervous again my entire life -- ever," Walker said. He recalls narrowly missing the cut. And then he qualified for his first U.S. Open at Southern Hills. Walker played a practice round that week with Nick Faldo. No big deal. "It was so easy compared to that one shot," he said. So when his wife sent him a text Tuesday that he was playing with Woods and Jordan Spieth, Walker offered a predictable response: "Sounds fun." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen