CHICAGO -- The Washington Nationals offence came through for manager Davey Johnson on Wednesday night. [url=http://www.nationalf

in Bewerbungen 23.08.2019 04:46
von jokergreen0220 • 1.230 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- The Washington Nationals offence came through for manager Davey Johnson on Wednesday night. Steven Nzonzi France Jersey . Jayson Werth and Scott Hairston hit three-run homers to lead the Nationals to an 11-6 win over the Chicago Cubs. Washington had scored six runs over its past three games, but on Wednesday had its highest output since scoring 14 against the Mets on July 28. Werths three-run homer in the third inning off Jake Arrieta gave the Nationals a 6-1 lead and was his eighth since the All-Star break. Hairston, who was traded by the Cubs on July 8, was pinch-hitting for Tanner Roark and hit his off James Russell (1-4) with two outs in the seventh to give the Nationals a 9-6 lead after they had given up a 6-1 lead. That offence was a welcome sight for Johnson. "Eleven runs, I think its Christmas," Johnson said. The 11 runs helped Washington overcome Anthony Rizzos two homers and the Cubs five-run fifth when they had seven hits to tie the game at 6. Ross Ohlendorf was activated off the disabled list before Wednesdays game and allowed four runs and six hits and 4 1-3 innings. Ohlendorf had been on the DL since Aug. 1 with right shoulder inflammation and was making only his third start of the season and didnt get through the fifth, getting replaced one batter after Rizzos second homer cut the Washington lead to 6-3. "Glad to get back out there. I felt good," Ohlendorf said. "Wish I had pitched deeper into the game for us but our offence did an awesome job." Werth has been on a roll. He went 1 for 3 and has a .452 average in August, and has hit safely in 12 of his past 13 games. The Nationals broke the game open on Werths drive in the third, which came after Ryan Zimmerman singled and Bryce Harper walked. Werth hit a 3-0 pitch into the seats in left for his 18th homer of the season and a 6-1 lead. Arrieta had been solid in two starts for the Cubs since coming from Baltimore on July 2 as part of the trade for Scott Feldman, allowing one earned run in 13 innings, but struggled Wednesday. He went four innings and gave up six runs, including three in both the second and third innings. "I didnt do my job tonight," Arrieta said. "I had enough weapons to pitch deep into the game and get our team a win, and I wasnt able to do that tonight." The Cubs rallied in the fifth for five runs and seven hits, including six straight, to tie the game and chase Ohlendorf. Rizzo hit a towering drive into the right-field bleachers for his second homer of the night, cutting the Washington lead to 6-3. Starlin Castro reached on a fielders choice before Rizzos homer, which gave him his fourth multi-homer game of his career and the second of August, after hitting two against the Dodgers on Aug. 1. Ohlendorf allowed Junior Lake to single and was replaced by Roark (3-0), who gave up run-scoring singles to Donnie Murphy and Cole Gillespie, before Welington Castillos sacrifice fly to centre tied the game. Roark was charged with two runs in the fifth, but pitched 1 2-3 innings for the win. "We out-hit them (14-11), but obviously two three-run homers, you aint gonna win too many games with two three-run homers in one game," Cubs manager Dale Sveum said. The second three-run homer didnt come until the seventh, and it came from somebody familiar to Sveum and the Cubs. With two outs in the seventh, Hairston lined a 1-2 pitch into the seats for his three-run homer and ninth of the season. Russell had gotten the first two outs of the inning before Harper doubled and Werth was intentionally walked. Since coming to Washington, Hairston had struggled, hitting .200 with no home runs in 19 games. For at least one at-bat, those struggles ended against his former team. "It feels really good," Hairston said. "In that situation I wanted to capitalize. Theres runners on and early in that at-bat my weight was shifting forward and I just wanted to make sure I stayed back and give myself the best opportunity to get a hit." NOTES: Washington SS Ian Desmonds back tightened up during batting practice, but he stayed in the game until the fifth when he was replaced by Anthony Rendon as part of a double switch. "He wasnt his usual self," Johnson said. ... Johnson said "there have been discussions" about giving INF Danny Espinosa a September call-up. Espinosa was sent to Triple-A Syracuse on a rehab assignment June 12 and optioned there on June 19 and is hitting .202 in 64 games. He hit .158 in 44 games for Washington. . To make room for Ohlendorf, the Nationals optioned LHP Ian Krol to Triple-A Syracuse. ... At 24, Rizzo became the second-youngest Cubs left-handed hitter to hit 20 home runs. Billy Williams has the mark, set in 1961. ... Thursdays pitching matchup is Washingtons Stephen Strasburg (6-9, 2.93 ERA) against Chicagos Travis Wood (7-10, 3.13). Florian Thauvin Jersey .com) - The fading Ottawa Senators have a chance to make up some ground in the playoff race on Tuesday night as they play host to the New York Rangers. Custom France Jerseys . -- Phil Mickelson will be watching the final two rounds of the Masters from home for the first time in 17 years. http://www.nationalfrancesoccer.com/presnel-kimpembe-france-jersey/ . Hargreaves began his career in 2008 with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and has played with the Edmonton Eskimos and last season with the Saskatchewan Roughriders.Vancouver, BC (SportsNetwork.com) - Devan Dubnyk stopped 35 shots to lead the Minnesota Wild in a 4-2 win over the Vancouver Canucks. Zach Parise, Jason Zucker, Thomas Vanek and Jared Spurgeon all scored for the Wild, who have won their past three games. Daniel Sedin and Ronalds Kenins scored for the Canucks, who have dropped three of four. Ryan Miller allowed three goals on 19 shots in the loss. After a scoreless first period, the Wild took a 1-0 lead at 7:26 of the second as Parise charged down the left wing fighting off a checker, throwing the puck on net from a sharp angle that got past Miller. Exactly two minutes later on the power play, Spurgeons slap shot from the left point found the back of the net for a 2-0 lead. Vancouver had a goal waved off three minutes into the third period when Radim Vrbata was ruled to have impeded Dubnyks ability to get into position. Youre frustrated when the calls go against you, but the refs didnt beat us. We had our chances, Canucks coach Willie Desjardins said. The Wild made it a 3-0 game at 7:08 in the third period when Vaneks big slap shot from the right cirrcle found the left corner of the net for his 10th goal of the season. Ousmane Dembele Jersey. Vancouver made it a game with a pair of goals separated by 1:01, and got it started on Kenins first career goal as his wrister from the left wing found the back of the net at 12:20. Off a left circle faceoff win, Vrbata was about to take the puck behind the net, but slipped the disc back to Sedin, who quickly snapped it in to make it a one-goal game. The Canucks pulled Miller with two minutes to play and had several good chances, but Dubnyk came up with the stops and Zucker sealed the victory with an empty-net goal inside the final minute. It got a little hairier then we expected, Dubnyk said. Obviously with a 3-0 lead, I would like to stop that first one, that kind of gives them a little momentum. But it didnt end up mattering in the end. Game Notes Minnesota hosts Chicago on Tuesday while Vancouver hosts Winnipeg ... Minnesota was 1-for-2 on the power play, while Vancouver went 0-for-4 ... Mikael Granlund had two assists for the Wild. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen