ANAHEIM, Calif. [url=http://www.jazzauthentic.com/kids-adrian-dantley-jazz-jersey/]Adria n Dantley Jazz Jersey[/url] . - Teemu Se

in Bewerbungen 28.08.2019 02:57
von jokergreen0220 • 1.230 Beiträge

ANAHEIM, Calif. Adrian Dantley Jazz Jersey . - Teemu Selanne took one last tour of the Anaheim rink after the final horn, waving his stick at cheering fans while players from both teams banged their sticks on the ice. Despite the melancholy look on his face, the Finnish Flash said he has no regrets about returning to the Anaheim Ducks for one last season, even after they fell well short of another Stanley Cup title. Selannes 21-season NHL career likely ended Thursday night with a 6-2 loss to the Los Angeles Kings in Game 7 of their second-round series. The 43-year-old forward has maintained hell retire this summer, keeping to his plan even after starring in his sixth Olympics and playing a significant role during the best regular season in franchise history in Anaheim, his home for parts of 15 seasons. "Ive been flirting with this decision for a long time, but the passion and the fun always brought me back," said Selanne, who didnt score in the finale. "I still love this game, and I still know I can play, but it is better this way than having different situations, and thats why I think it is the right time." The crowd chanted "Lets Go Teemu" in the final minutes, with even Kings fans joining in. After the final horn, Selanne accepted congratulations and eventually made it to the dressing room, where his famed composure slipped. "I tried, but when I came in here, I couldnt hold myself anymore," Selanne said. "I didnt know what to do out there." Selanne kept returning to the Ducks for seven straight years after he first contemplated retirement following their only Stanley Cup championship in 2007, each time hoping the Ducks would make another title run. He kept moving up the NHLs career scoring chart, currently sitting 15th with 1,457 points and 11th with 684 goals. Selannes ice time with the Ducks dwindled this year while coach Bruce Boudreau worked younger players into key roles. He still played a dependable role in Anaheim, bottling his frustration for one more run at a Cup. "The 2007 Stanley Cup has to be the biggest crown for my career," Selanne said. "To be honest, the most proud I am is I have been able to play so many years and at this age. You all know when you get older, its not going to get any easier. But to be able to compete against these young guys and still enjoy this and play well, that has been the greatest thing in my career. Im really thankful for that." Selanne has a full life in Southern California waiting for him after retirement. He opened a successful steak house in Laguna Beach last year, and his four children are comfortable in their year-round home in Coto De Caza, an Orange County community on Selannes beloved golf course. Yet in classic Selanne fashion, he didnt slam the door completely shut on the possibility he could play elsewhere next season. Speculation has been rampant in Finland and Russia about the possibility of luring Selanne to Jokerit, the Helsinki-based club thats joining the Kontinental Hockey League in the fall. "I dont know, and I dont think so," Selanne said a potential move to Jokerit. "I know there is a lot of interest for that, but I always said I was going to retire here. To be honest, I really dont have to play anywhere anymore. I could if I want, but right now I dont want to." Selanne began his pro career with three years in Jokerits junior development program, and he played three seasons with the big-league club before joining the Winnipeg Jets for his record-setting NHL rookie year in 1992-93. The game also might have been a finale for Saku Koivu, Selannes fellow Finn and longtime friend. The 39-year-old Koivu was the Montreal Canadiens captain before moving to Anaheim five years ago. "I really dont have an answer for you," Koivu said. "Usually after the season, the last three or four years, Ive been signing one-year contracts. And Im going to go the same road, just to get away from the game for a couple of weeks and really take a good careful look at what happened, how the season went, and if there is enough left to come back and push for another year." John Stockton Jazz Jersey .ca presents its latest weekly power rankings for the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season. John Stockton Jersey . Defenceman Tessa Bonhomme was among three players released from the team Tuesday morning along with defenceman Brigette Lacquette of Waterhen, Man. http://www.jazzauthentic.com/kids-adrian-dantley-jazz-jersey/ . LOUIS -- Joe Thornton and the San Jose Sharks won the matchup of unbeaten teams.DETROIT -- On the night he became the franchises career leader in total bases, Paul Konerko liked what he saw from some of the younger Chicago White Sox. Marcus Semiens seventh-inning grand slam lifted the White Sox over the Detroit Tigers 6-4 Wednesday night. It was the first career grand slam for the 23-year-old Semien, and it turned a two-run deficit into a two-run lead. "Everybody I think is buying into catering your at-bat to the situation," Konerko said. "I think everybodys really done a good job of ... having an awareness of where things are at in the game, the scoreboard, what the guys trying to do to me." Konerko had three hits for the White Sox, including an eighth-inning double that moved him past Frank Thomas atop the teams career total bases list. Jose Abreu hit another long home run for the White Sox, but it was Semiens slam that turned around the game. Detroit starter Drew Smyly allowed two runs in six innings, but Evan Reed (0-1) gave up two singles and a walk, and Ian Krol allowed the home run to Semien on a 3-1 pitch. "Kind of sitting dead red," Semien said. "He missed a couple up on me, and one of them I check swung, but that one was a little lower, and just got extended." Andre Rienzo (1-0) gave up four runs in the fourth inning, but kept the Tigers quiet otherwise in his first start this season. He allowed five hits and two walks in 6 1-3 innings, striking out three. Matt Lindstrom pitched the ninth for his third save, but it wasnt easy. He allowed a single, a walk and two deep flyouts before retiring Alex Avila on a line drive to first with runners on second and third. Austin Jackson homered for Detroit. With the Tigers ahead 4-2 in the seventh, Reed allowed a leadoff single to Konerko. Alejandro De Aza singled one out later, then Reed walked Tyler Flowers and was pulled. Krol retired Jordan Danks on a popup, but Semien followed with a drive to left that cleared the bases. "I threw a 3-1 fastball up in the zone, which is pretty much the exact pitch guys want to see on 3-1," Krol said. "I thhought about throwing a changeup, but I didnt want to walk him. Tony Bradley Jersey. As it turned out, walking him would have been a much better move." Abreu opened the scoring in the first with a two-run shot, reaching the bushes beyond the wall in centre field at Comerica Park for the second time this series. Smyly was impressive after that; he would end up yielding six hits and a walk with seven strikeouts. Rienzo gave up the lead in the fourth, allowing a two-run single to J.D. Martinez and Jacksons two-run homer to left-centre. But the Tigers had only one more runner against Rienzo after the homer. The 25-year-old right-hander from Brazil had pitched only one inning this season, but Rienzo got the start Wednesday with Chicago starters Chris Sale and Felipe Paulino both injured. The 38-year-old Konerko raised his average to .217 with his big day at the plate, and he now leads the White Sox with 3,950 total bases, one more than Thomas. "Any time you hear franchise lead or something like that, thats cool," Konerko said. "It shows I got out there and played. Youve got to do well, but more than anything, you have to be out on the field to do it, so Ive always took pride in that." With one on in the ninth, Martinez came within a few feet of tying the game, but his drive off Lindstrom was caught in front of the wall in centre near the 420-foot marker. After a walk to Jackson, both runners moved up on Nick Castellanos flyout to deep right. Avila then swung at a 3-0 pitch, and his liner was caught by Abreu, who was guarding the line at first. NOTES: The White Sox optioned LHP Charlie Leesman to Triple-A Charlotte after the game. Second baseman Gordon Beckham (strained left oblique) is expected to return from his rehab Thursday. ... Abreus homer was his seventh this year. ... Danks made a diving catch in centre field in the second to retire Jackson. ... The Tigers will play a split doubleheader against Cleveland on July 19 to make up for an April 15 postponement in Detroit. ... Tigers RHP Max Scherzer (1-1) faces Chicago LHP Jose Quintana (1-0) in Thursdays series finale. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen