points.He also recovered two fourth-quarter fumbles, one

in Allgemein 13.04.2018 14:37
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas quarterback Austin Allen wasnt even watching Hunter Henrys heave that led to a fourth-and-25 conversion -- and eventual win -- against Mississippi a year ago.Razorbacks coach Bret Bielema saw the desperate lateral, which eventually led to the 53-52 overtime win over the Rebels , but hed prefer something less dramatic this time around.If we could make it less wild and be effective, Id like that, Bielema said.Bielema might get the result he wants when No. 22 Arkansas (4-2, 0-2 Southeastern Conference) tries for its third straight win over No. 12 Ole Miss (3-2, 1-1) on Saturday night, but good luck convincing anyone another shootout isnt in the works.Thats thanks in large part to the presence of Allen and Chad Kelly of the Rebels, the SECs top two quarterbacks in passing efficiency halfway through the season.Kellys play this season has hardly been a surprise following his breakout first go-round as the starter for Ole Miss a year ago. Allen, meanwhile, entered the season as a relative unknown outside of Arkansas after serving as his older brothers backup the last two seasons -- including for last years shootout in Oxford.The junior has done everything the Razorbacks have asked of him and more in his first season as the starter, leading the SEC in touchdown passes with 15 and throwing for 400 yards in a 49-30 loss to No. 1 Alabama a week ago. And hes done so despite being under considerable pressure behind an offensive line still trying to establish itself after replacing three starters from a year ago.I feel like I am watching the same guy, Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze said, comparing Allen to his older brother, Brandon. I think they are extremely accurate, extremely tough, have a great understanding of defenses. The ball goes to the right spot, its accurate. Just a really good player.Some things to watch for as the Razorbacks try to win three straight over the Rebels for the first time since winning four in a row from 2004-07:CONSISTENT KELLY: Kelly has thrown a touchdown pass in 18 straight games, which is the longest streak in school history and tied for the fifth-longest active streak in the nation. Kellys favorite target this season is tight end Evan Engram, who has caught 30 passes for 479 yards.SACKED LINE: Arkansas allowed six sacks and 12 quarterback hurries against the Crimson Tide last week, and the Razorbacks have given up 13 sacks on the season -- one less than they gave up in each of the last two seasons. They face another difficult pass rusher on Saturday in Ole Miss junior defensive end Marquis Haynes, who has three sacks through five games as well as three quarterback hurries.REBELS START FAST: Ole Miss has outscored opponents 55-6 in the first quarter and 131-40 in the first half so far this season. The Rebels have had a halftime lead in all five of their games. Ole Miss has just a 3-2 record because the second half hasnt been nearly as good -- opponents have outscored the Rebels 108-77 after halftime.OPTIONAL DEFENSE: Arkansas is 63rd in the country in total defense, allowing 398.2 yards per game, after surrendering 517 yards (10.1 yards per play) against Alabama a week ago. The Rebels arent much better off, ranking 102nd while allowing 449.4 yards per game.INJURED GREENLAW: The already-reeling Razorbacks defense suffered a key loss when weakside linebacker Dre Greenlaw injured his right foot against Alabama last week and had surgery on Monday. The sophomore, who is second on Arkansas with 37 tackles, is expected to miss 4-to-6 weeks with the injury, and freshman DeJon Harris and junior Dwayne Eugene will take his place.---AP Sports Writer David Brandt in Oxford, Mississippi, contributed to this report.---Online:College Football: http://collegefootball.ap.org Nolan Patrick Jersey . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. Sean Couturier Jersey . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. http://www.cheapflyersjerseyschina.com/valtteri-filppula-jersey/ . The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., has nothing but good things to say about former U.S. marine Liz (Girlrilla) Carmouche ahead of their co-main event Wednesday on the UFCs "Fight for the Troops" televised card in Fort Campbell, Ky. Jakub Voracek Jersey .com) - Christian Ponder will get another chance to prove himself for the Minnesota Vikings, with head coach Leslie Frazier announcing Wednesday that the struggling quarterback will start this weekends game against the Green Bay Packers. Bobby Clarke Jersey . Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi scored, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic setting up both despite having a poor game by his high standards. Forward Eduardo gave Ajaccio the lead in the sixth minute after being set up by right winger Benjamin Andre, and the Corsican side looked comfortable in the first half, with the lively Johan Cavalli causing problems with his probing runs from midfield. KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee safety Micah Abernathy stopped playing offense once he arrived in college, but the former high school running back continues finding ways to get the ball in his hands.Abernathy clinched Tennessees season-opening overtime victory over Appalachian State by breaking up a fourth-down pass into the end zone. He followed that up by setting a school single-game record last week with three fumble recoveries in a 45-24 triumph over Virginia Tech .The sophomore from Atlanta said he couldnt remember ever having that many takeaways in a single game.Maybe in Little League or something like that, Abernathy quipped.Abernathys emergence doesnt surprise coaches and teammates, who raved about him throughout the preseason for his consistency. His performance against Virginia Tech makes Abernathy the reigning Southeastern Conference defensive player of the week heading into the 15th-ranked Volunteers Saturday afternoon game with Ohio (1-1).You know what youre getting with Micah every single day, Tennessee coach Butch Jones said. He has great instincts for the football. Hes around the football. Hes really helping us win football games right now. Hes also turning into one of our leaders in the back end of our defense.Tennessee (2-0) had to break in two new starters at safety following the graduations of Brian Randolph and LaDarrell McNeil, who combined for 89 career starts. The development of Abernathy and junior Todd Kelly Jr. has turned a potential weakness into a strength.I like steady players and hes been very, very steady, defensive coordinator Bob Shoop said. He and TK have both been pretty steady back there and have done a good job. Thats really whats separated them at the safety position. Theyre composed. They communicate well. I think the best is yet to come from Micah.ddddddddddddThe mentality that has made Abernathy an effective defensive player was evident even as he rushed for over 1,500 yards while helping Greater Atlanta Christian reach a state final his senior year in high school.Abernathy, the grandson of former civil rights leader Ralph David Abernathy Sr., played both running back and cornerback in high school. His high school coach said Abernathy preferred playing defense.He was pretty special carrying the ball, but we knew hed be a DB at the next level, Greater Atlanta Christian coach Tim Hardy said. Thats his heart and his passion. When I see him making those big plays Saturday night ... it doesnt shock me at all because hes always a guy to make a big play at a big moment when people needed him to do that.Abernathys first takeaway against Virginia Tech turned the game around. Virginia Tech led 14-0 when Abernathy recovered a fumble at the Hokies 5-yard line. The Vols reached the end zone on the next play to start a run of 31 straight Tennessee points.He also recovered two fourth-quarter fumbles, one of which led to a Tennessee touchdown.Jeff Williams, the NCAA associate director for media coordination and statistics, said Abernathy is the fourth player since 2014 to recover three fumbles in a single game. The others were Georgia States Bobby Baker last season and North Carolinas Dominique Green and Wake Forests Tylor Harris in 2014.Coming into the season, I wanted to contribute as a starter and just do my best to help my teammates out, Abernathy said. I feel like Ive done that so far.---AP college football site: http://collegefootball.ap.org Discount NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen