en those years I was at Alabama, it was every year (

in Allgemein 14.04.2018 13:38
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

MIAMI -- Hassan Whitesides talents are apparently not limited to the dunks and defense that convinced the Miami Heat he was worthy of a $98 million contract this offseason.Turns out, he also does a very respectable Shaquille ONeal impression.When I met him, he was just, `Big fella, youve got to dunk everything, Whiteside said, perfectly mimicking ONeals oft-imitated tone. `I like how you play. Dunk everything.Sounding like ONeal, thats the easy part.Playing like ONeal, thats now the challenge.The Heat guaranteed Whiteside a fortune, and hes now starting to realize that the teams fortunes -- with Dwyane Wade now in Chicago and questions surrounding Chris Bosh health -- are on his copious shoulders. Its a challenge he says that hell embrace, insisting hes still fueled by so many teams passing on him.Each month hes been with us, hes gotten better, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. And I think thats a great statement to make. For two straight years, hes gotten better. Seems like each week, each game that hes played, hes understanding his role. Hes playing with a great motor right now.Hes also coming off a season the likes of which no NBA center had managed in nearly a quarter-century.Whiteside averaged 14.2 points, 11.8 rebounds and a league-best-by-far 3.7 blocks per game last season. The last player to finish a season averaging so much in each of those three categories was Hakeem Olajuwon, in 1993-94.In a league where only nine players -- DeMarcus Cousins, Karl-Anthony Towns, Andre Drummond, Dwight Howard, Anthony Davis, Pau Gasol, DeAndre Jordan, Julius Randle and Whiteside -- averaged a points-rebounds double-double last season, a truly elite big man is a rarity these days.He is going to be an essential part of what we do, Heat president Pat Riley said.He was one of seven big men to get deals this summer averaging $16 million or more in free agency. Whiteside, Drummond, Howard, Al Horford and Joakim Noah got deals that will pay them a combined $682 million over the coming seasons. Timofey Mozgov and Ian Mahinmi each got $64 million over the next four years -- and they have career averages of 6.9 and 5.1 points, respectively.In Atlantas case, for example, giving Howard $70.5 million over three years came down to dollars and sense.I still think that players like Dwight, Atlanta coach Mike Budenholzer said, have a huge impact on what you do.Whiteside insists that he isnt just a back-to-the-basket player. Hes lobbying each day to have freedom to bring the ball up after rebounds, is working on improving his outside game, even tried to put on a 3-point shooting display for Spoelstra after one recent practice.But he knows the Heat need him to dominate around the rim, on both ends.And thats where he thinks he can separate himself from any center out there.I can score and I can defend, Whiteside said. Youve got guys at the (center) position that can score but they cant guard a shoebox. And youve got guys who are really great defenders but they couldnt score on a shoebox. I just want to be balanced.Whitesides meteoric rise is a story almost like none other in the NBA. The Heat signed him as a free agent a month into the 2014-15 season, doing so in part out of desperation and in part because he captured their attention by dominating a game against the teams NBA Development League affiliate in Sioux Falls. Not even two years later, hes got a max deal.His game, he said, doesnt mimic one past player. Hes taking pieces from several.I wanted to take Hakeems shot-blocking abilities, Whiteside said. I wanted to take Kevin Garnetts face-up jumper. I wanted to take Tim Duncans bank shot. I wanted to take Kobe Bryants work ethic. And Shaqs aggressiveness.Whiteside was the featured guest at a Heat promotional event for fans on Sunday, one of those meet-and-greet appearances where some autographs get signed and selfies get taken. Whiteside was pulling up to the arena and slowed down when he saw about 200 people lined up on a sidewalk, wondering why they were all there.It took him a moment to realize that the fans -- many of whom wore Whiteside jerseys, and one who wrote Whitesides name and No. 21 on his biceps and wanted to flex for the Heat center -- were there for him.Only 23 months after he first hit Miami, the Heat will go as he goes now.It takes a little getting used to, Whiteside said. But I know what the challenge is, and Im ready. Wholesale Wild Jerseys . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. Daniel Winnik Jersey . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. http://www.cheapwildjerseyschina.com/zach-parise-jersey/ . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Alex Stalock Jersey . -- Jimmy Walkers first PGA Tour trophy came with a special gift tucked inside. Ryan Suter Jersey . Ivanovic was leading 7-5, 1-0 when Hantuchova withdrew after falling 0-40 behind in the second game. The match started slowly for Ivanovic, who surrendered her first two serves as Hantuchova took a 5-3 lead. GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida coach Jim McElwain says hes not interested in the Oregon job.McElwain was mentioned by several media outlets as a possible candidate to replace Mark Helfrich, who was fired Tuesday. McElwain said after practice Wednesday that he has not heard from Oregon and credited the rumors to recruiting tactics.The 15th-ranked Gators (8-3) play No. 1 Alabama (12-0) in the Southeastern Conference title game Saturday.Ive got a heck of a job, McElwain said. In case anybody checked, this is the University of Florida. Were playing in what they call the SEC championship game. It really hasnt crossed my mind.In two seasons in Gainesville, McElwain has led Florida to consecutive SEC Eastern Division titles despite a lackluster offense. The 54-year-old coach would seem to be a potential fit in the Pacific Northwest because hes a Montana native and a graduate of Eastern Washington. He also coached at Montana State, Fresno State and Colorado State.Its always interesting this time off year and how whatever comes out, said McElwain, who got his first head coaching job with the Rams after serving as Alabamas offensive coordinator from 2008 to 2011.dddddddddddd I havent heard from Oregon. I dont know how it gets linked sometimes. I guess slow news day. Ive got my hunch there might some recruiting things behind it.After the rumors surfaced Tuesday, McElwain called recruits to reaffirm his commitment to the Gators.A lot of time on the phone last night obviously, McElwain said. And yet, at this time of the year, I can remember even those years I was at Alabama, it was every year (coach) Nick (Saban) was going to go to the NFL or whatever it was, right?You know, its part of what you deal with. And as you guys know, I probably dont take that stuff too serious.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Discount NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen