TORONTO -- In coach Randy Carlyles estimation, the Toronto Maple Leafs have had to make last-minute lineup decisions much more t

in Anregungen für Homepage 05.09.2019 10:52
von jokergreen0220 • 1.230 Beiträge

TORONTO -- In coach Randy Carlyles estimation, the Toronto Maple Leafs have had to make last-minute lineup decisions much more this season than usual, and theyll have to again Saturday night before facing the Philadelphia Flyers. Anthony Rizzo Cubs Jersey . Winger David Clarkson left the morning skate with a pulled muscle and is considered questionable. Its believed to be the same left leg problem that crept up at the end of Fridays practice although Carlyle didnt figure that would still be bothering Clarkson. "Kind of a little bit of a surprise again today for me," Carlyle said. "We have to make a decision later this afternoon." Carlyle said the Leafs have the option of recalling a player or dressing 11 forwards and seven defencemen. Carter Ashton could be inserted into the lineup up front or Toronto could go with 11 and seven for the sixth time in seven games. "There is some options," Carlyle said. "Its always tough when youre missing quality players, and nobody wants to do that, but in the situation if the player is not deemed healthy by our medical staff and himself, then we have no other choice other than to make decisions." Clarkson has four goals and six assists in 43 games for Toronto after starting the season with a 10-game suspension. Those 10 points are good for 14th on the team and tied with Dave Bolland, who hasnt played since November. Captain Dion Phaneuf will be in the lineup against Philadelphia as Carlyle said Friday. Phaneuf took part in the morning skate, his first time on the ice this week with teammates outside of game action. "I feel good," Phaneuf said. "Obviously when youre not on the ice for a couple days, you want to get back, feel the puck a bit before you go right into a game." Phaneuf, who leads the Leafs in average ice time at 24:19 a game, has played in every game this season except the two he was suspended for boarding Kevan Miller of the Boston Bruins. That included games this week against the Columbus Blue Jackets and New York Rangers. Taking some time off between games is a matter of preservation for Phaneuf. "Sometimes when you have the opportunity to rest certain things, you want to take the time to do that," he said. "You weigh how much hockeys going to be played. "For me, it was good to be able to get those couple days to recharge and to rest a couple bumps and bruises." More than bumps and bruises have kept Bolland and tough guy Colton Orr out. Bolland hasnt played since having a tendon on the back of his ankle sliced Nov. 2, while Orr has been out the past six games. The Leafs open a five-game road trip Monday in Anaheim, and Carlyle hopes Bolland and Orr will be available by the end of it, March 17 at Detroit. "Orrsy skated again today, so Orrsys getting close," he said. "And with Bolland, its a situation as weve talked about before where were just waiting and biding our time and hopefully rebuilding that ankle, that area. "Hell give us the green light when he says hes ready." Brad Brach Jersey . They have homered once every 27.3 at bats, which just happens to be the third best mark in the American League, albeit just 10 games into the season. Yu Darvish Cubs Jersey .com) - James Harden put the Houston Rockets on his back and willed them to an overtime victory on Thursday. http://www.cubsauthentic.com/cubs-sammy-sosa-jersey/ . - Joao Plata scored twice in the final 24 minutes, including the winner in stoppage time, to help Real Salt Lake remain unbeaten with a 3-2 victory over the winless Chicago Fire on Saturday night.ST. LOUIS -- Mike Smith is used to facing plenty of shots, so this was nothing new. Smith made 37 saves and Oliver Ekman-Larsson scored 56 seconds into overtime to give the Phoenix Coyotes a 3-2 win over the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday night. Coming into the game, Smith had seen the most shots of any NHL goalie (516). St. Louis added 39 more to that total, including 13 in the third period. "It was nice for me to play like that tonight and bail the guys out," Smith said. "Ive let in a lot of goals on nights where the guys have bailed me out, so its nice to be on the other end of the spectrum." The Coyotes made Smith a winner early in the extra session. Ekman-Larsson, who had an assist on Phoenixs first goal, took a pass from Mike Ribeiro and beat goalie Jaroslav Halak with a shot from just inside the blue line. "It was a great play there by Ribeiro," Ekman-Larsson said. "I saw (Shane) Doan was coming in from the corner so I shot it, and it was perfect." With the Blues swarming in the third period, Smith was at his best. He allowed a goal to Roman Polak that tied the game but made 12 big stops -- including an outstanding glove save on Derek Roys shot from the slot with just under 8 minutes left. "That was a great move; the puck was kind of bouncing and he was able to get it between his legs," Smith said. "It was more luck than anything. I think it just ended up in my glove. But Ill take it." By comparison, the 39 shots were a slow day at the office for Smith. He made a season-high 48 saves in a shootout win against San Jose on Nov. 2 and stopped 41 of 42 shots in a 3-1 win over the Los Angeles Kings on Oct. 29. "I dont love it," Smith said of the heavy workload. "Its just the way things have worked out so far. Obviously, we want to tighten that up and get those shot totals down. Right now, were just happy to get the two poiints. Carlos Zambrano Jersey. ." His coach, Dave Tippett, was not entirely pleased with the Coyotes performance. "There were parts of that game I liked; other parts I really didnt like," Tippett said. "We didnt have enough players competing at the speed and level we needed to, but give our goalie credit. He played very well." David Moss and Mikkel Boedker had the other Phoenix goals. Maxim Lapierre and Polak scored for the Blues. Halak made 16 saves. Alexander Steen had an assist to extend the longest active point streak in the NHL to 11 games. Steen, who has 10 goals and four assists during that stretch, has the longest scoring streak for a St. Louis player since Keith Tkachuk went 12 games in 2002-03. "We worked, we competed and we created scoring chances," Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. "We had some people that were really, as the game wore on, became major players in the game for us. But we didnt outwork the goalie." The Blues trailed 2-1 going into the third period, but tied it at 2:49 when Steen found Polak sneaking in from the right point and hit him with a cross-ice pass. Polak beat Smith high with a shot from the circle. Lapierre gave the Blues a 1-0 advantage when he tipped home Jay Bouwmeesters shot from the point 5:53 into the game. Moss tied it 2:56 later when he beat Halak with a wrist shot from the right circle. With less than minute remaining in the first period, Blues defenceman Kevin Shattenkirk got caught pinching in, leading to a 3-on-1 break. Boedker took advantage when he converted a centring pass from Rob Klinkhammer with 31 seconds left in the period to give the Coyotes the lead. NOTES: Phoenixs Martin Hanzal, who was tied for the team lead with 14 points, was a late scratch due to an undisclosed illness and is day to day. ... Steen played his 300th game with the Blues. ... Phoenix is 8-0-0 when leading after one period. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen