LONDON -- FIFAs decision to award the 2022 World Cup to Qatar came under further scrutiny as a British newspaper published new a

in Anregungen für Homepage 07.09.2019 08:50
von jokergreen0220 • 1.230 Beiträge

LONDON -- FIFAs decision to award the 2022 World Cup to Qatar came under further scrutiny as a British newspaper published new allegations that Mohamed Bin Hammam used his wealth and top level contacts to buy support for the oil-rich countrys successful bid. Odell Beckham Jr Youth Jersey . The Sunday Times, which last week claimed that the former FIFA Executive Committee member made payments totalling $5 million to senior football officials to seal support for Qatar, also accused Bin Hammam of using $1.7million to secure key Asian votes. It alleged that Bin Hammam arranged government level talks for Thailands FIFA executive Worawi Makudi to discuss a gas sale "potentially worth tens of millions of dollars to Thailand" and that he was invited to visit Vladimir Putin before Russia and Qatars victories in the votes for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. Under a front-page headline of "Gas deal turns heat on World Cup," the newspaper alleged that Bin Hammam arranged meeting and favours for voters in the months leading to the ballots. The 2010 vote, which awarded footballs biggest tournament to the tiny desert state, is under investigation by FIFAs independent ethics prosecutor. Qatar organizers deny any wrongdoing. In a statement released on Saturday following its Executive Committees second meeting of the year in Sao Paulo, FIFA said "the executive reaffirmed its position of letting the ethics committee complete its work before making any comment." According to the newspaper, which says it had access to millions of secret documents during its investigation, Bin Hammam brokered two secret meetings with Qatari royals to discuss a major gas deal with a senior aide to Makudi. "The exact nature of the deal on the table is unclear, but it came as Thailand sought to save tens of millions of pounds by renegotiating an arrangement with Qatar to purchase 1 million tons of liquefied natural gas each year at a contractual price it considered too high," the newspaper said. The Sunday Times said that Makudi denied that he had received a personal "concession" from his involvement but did not elaborate. Bin Hammam is no longer a committee member of world footballs governing body after being caught up in a corruption scandal surrounding his failed campaign for its presidency in 2011. The Sunday Times claimed that the $1.7 million Bin Hammam paid to Asian officials from funds controlled by his private company Kemco were used as he was campaigning for both the Qatar World Cup bid and for his own re-election to the post of president of the Asian Football Confederation. The newspaper said he was invited to a meeting by Russia to discuss "bilateral relations" in sport between Qatar and Russia on October 30, 2010, a month before the vote on the bids. "Two days later, Qatars ruling emir also flew to Moscow for talks about joint gas production deals between the two countries," the Sunday Times said. Phil McConkey Youth Jersey . -- The Washington Redskins coaching staff distanced itself from other coaches Thursday by siding with ownership -- and not the players -- in the NFLs labour dispute. Dalvin Tomlinson Giants Jersey .J. Hardy finally got in on the fun Saturday, against a likely opponent. http://www.giantsonlineteamshop.com/phil-simms-jersey-cheap.html . Speaking on TSN Radio 1050s TSN Drive with Dave Naylor on Monday, Colangelo said he had no intention of tanking the shortened 2011-12 season, but definitely wanted a high pick in the draft. "I wish that word wasnt used for headline reasons," said Colangelo, "but the story behind it was: how can we fix the system? How can we tweak the system to make it less likely that teams are rewarded for losing records? "I do believe that if youre as transparent as we were at the time - with our season seat holders, our fans, the market place and the media - everybody knew what the plan was and what we were going through.TAMPA, Fla. -- New York Yankees reliever David Robertson is not overanalyzing his role as Mariano Riveras replacement. Robertson is moving from an eighth-inning setup man to closer following Riveras retirement. "Its the same deal," Robertson said Tuesday after a pre-spring training workout at the Yankees minor league complex. "Throwing the eighth or ninth inning, youve still got to get three outs. Youve got to be effective. You cant give up a lead. Im not going to try to overthink the whole situation." Rivera has said that Robertson is the right man for the role. The former teammates spent time together last month at the New York baseball writers dinner. "First thing he said is, You scared?" Robertson recalled. "Im like, No. Its typical Mo. Hes all over my case already. I havent even thrown a pitch yet, and hes on me. He knows I can do it, and I think I know I can do it. Its just a matter of actually stepping out there and doing it." Given the chance to fill in as closer when Rivera injured a knee in 2012, Robertson strained muscle in his left ribcage. Rafael Soriano took over as closer for the rest of the season. Robertson went 5-1 with a 2.04 ERA in 70 games last year, striking out 77 in 66 1-3 innings. "Hes been in some huge situations here," Yankeees pitching coach Larry Rothschild said. Harry Carson Jersey. "Hes been around Mo. Hes in a good position to know what he has to do. Hes done everything that you could ask him to do to this point to become a closer. Now its just a matter of executing the pitches. Unless he gets overwhelmed by the situation, I dont anticipate major problems." Rothschild also said CC Sabathia has increased his throwing program during the off-season to build up arm strength and stamina. Coming off elbow surgery to remove a bone spur in October 2012, Sabathia was 14-13 with a 4.78 ERA last year. "The last couple winters, three or four really, he hasnt been able to do a lot with going back to his knee and then the elbow last winter," Rothschild said. "Hes been able to do a lot more this winter, so coming into spring training I think hell be in a little different place than he has been the last couple years." NOTES: Rothschild has had email communication with Japanese RHP Masahiro Tanaka. "Theres going to be adjustments hes going to have to make," Rothschild said. "Hes got the presence of mind to know what he needs to do to adjust when he gets here." ... SS Derek Jeter, limited to 17 games last season due to injuries, took 48 swings during his second day of batting practice. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen