LONDON -- Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone on Wednesday disputed paying a bribe to ensure he stayed in control of the glamorou

in Bewerbungen 10.09.2019 04:57
von jokergreen0220 • 1.230 Beiträge

LONDON -- Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone on Wednesday disputed paying a bribe to ensure he stayed in control of the glamorous motorsport series, and then fabricating the reason to pay a banker. Austin Seibert Womens Jersey . Under cross-examination at the High Court in London, Ecclestone said he was blackmailed by the banker tasked with selling a significant stake in F1, and paid him off to avoid being reported to the authorities over his tax affairs. "I made up my mind he needed to be kept quiet," Ecclestone said after claiming he was "shaken down" by BayernLBs Gerhard Gribkowsky. Former F1 shareholder Constantin Medien contests that Ecclestone and his family trust entered into a "corrupt bargain" with Gribkowsky to ensure BayernLBs 47 per cent F1 stake was sold in 2005 to the buyer desired by the sports long-standing commercial chief. Gribkowsky received an alleged bribe totalling US$44 million which led to investment group CVC Capital Partners acquiring the stake. Constantin Medien, a German media company, is suing Ecclestone and other defendants for up to $144 million, claiming F1 was undervalued by the BayernLB deal. Ecclestone maintained Wednesday that at the time of the deal -- and now -- he was not trying to safeguard his own future in F1, insisting he doesnt "want to die as CEO" of F1. "As long as I have got control of the company I will continue to be there ... I am in a fortunate position -- I dont need a job," Ecclestone said. Asked by Constantin Medien lawyer Philip Marshall about the prospect of retirement, the 83-year-old Ecclestone replied: "I dont mind, Ive got plenty of things to do." In a case that could threaten Ecclestones future with F1, a German court is deciding whether he will stand trial on charges of bribery and incitement to breach of trust. Ecclestones legal team maintains that a "consultancy package" was paid to Gribkowsky, who was jailed in Germany last year for 8 1/2 years for taking the payment. In the High Court, Ecclestone was asked why he responded to the apparent blackmail threat by seeking the advice of an in-house accountant rather than lawyers, and did not approach the police. "It doesnt make any sense," Marshall said. "You are in a situation where you are being asked to pay millions of dollars over a threat or an insinuation that may cause you tax problems. You dont ask any of the lawyers ... thats just something (a reason) you fabricated. You have made it up." Ecclestone, appearing for the first time in person in the second week of the civil trial, spoke quietly at times and regularly banged the desk as he grew increasingly frustrated with questioning. Ecclestone said he was happy to pay Gribkowsky $22.5 million himself to avoid any potential tax investigation, and saw little point in contacting the police. "I wanted to get rid of (Gribkowsky) making silly statements," Ecclestone said. Ecclestone built his powerbase in F1 from the 1970s and helped to create the Formula One Constructors Association that controlled the business side of the series, including selling the TV rights. The British-based company later became known as Formula One Management. CVC, having amassed a 63 per cent stake of F1, has reduced its holding as other investors have come on board in recent years, although a planned flotation has stalled. Constantin Medien is claiming it lost out due to the deal negotiated by Gribkowsky. Gribkowsky is a defendant in the case along with Ecclestones lawyer, Stephen Mullens, and the Ecclestone family trust, Bambino Holdings. Baker Mayfield Womens Jersey . Wheeler scored two goals, including the winner, as the Winnipeg Jets beat the Minnesota Wild 6-4 on Friday in a game that featured a seven-goal first period. Joe Thomas Jersey . - The New Orleans Saints have re-signed receiver Joseph Morgan for one year and have agreed to a four-year deal with free agent fullback Erik Lorig. http://www.brownsauthenticproshop.com/Youth-Jim-Brown-Browns-Jersey/ . The Pope greeted Klose at his general audience Wednesday and the pair had a long chat. Klose is German like the pope, although he was born in Poland. In Sundays derby, Lazio took the lead in the seventh minute after Maarten Stekelenburg brought down Klose, resulting in the Roma goalkeeper being sent off and a penalty that Hernanes converted.The Philadelphia Flyers re-signed goaltender Ray Emery to a one-year contract and added goaltender Rob Zepp to a one-year, two-way contract on Tuesday. The deal for Emery is worth $1 million. The 31-year-old Emery had a 9-12-2 record with a 2.96 goals against average and a .903 save percentage with two shutouts during 2013-2014 with the Flyers. It was his first year in Philadelphia. Zepp is a five-time champion goalie foor Eisbaeren Berlin of the German Elite League and returns to North America for the first time since 2004-05 when he played with the Florida Everblades of the East Coast Hockey League. David Njoku Womens Jersey. He was twice drafted into the NHL, selected by the Atlanta Thrashers in the fourth round (99th overall) in 1999 and by the Carolina Hurricanes in the fourth round (110th overall) in 2001. He has never played an NHL game. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen