ainst the Padres, Rangers and Red Sox.We nee

in Allgemein 14.04.2018 14:04
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

A look at whats happening all around the majors Wednesday:---ON MERITThe Indians try to earn their first World Series trip since 1997 when rookie Ryan Merritt starts Game 5 of the AL Championship Series vs. Marco Estrada in Toronto. The 24-year-old Merritt made his big league debut in May and has pitched a total of 11 innings in the majors -- his only start came on the final weekend of the regular season. Down 3-1 in the ALCS, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons wasnt looking too far ahead after a win Tuesday averted a sweep. Asked what hes learned about Merritt, Gibbons said: What I know about him? Hes left-handed. Thats all I know right now.GENERATION GAPFour days before his 38th birthday, John Lackey starts at Dodger Stadium with his Chicago Cubs trailing 2-1 in the NL Championship Series. Lackey has pitched plenty of big games throughout his 14-year career, going 8-5 with a 3.22 ERA in 24 postseason outings (21 starts). Hell face 20-year-old Los Angeles rookie Julio Urias, set to become the youngest starting pitcher in postseason history. Urias has thrown all of 79 big league innings, including two out of the bullpen this postseason.NOT DONE SLUMPINGThe Blue Jays are on the board in the ALCS, but some of their biggest bats have yet to make an impact. Jose Bautista, Troy Tulowitzki and Russell Martin are a combined 4 for 42 in four games vs. Cleveland, leaving 20 runners on base while failing to get an extra-base hit or an RBI. Toronto is 3 for 20 with runners in scoring position in the series, and that trio has left six runners stranded at second or third with two outs thus far.A CLOSE SHAVEJosh Donaldson homered and made a terrific play at third base in Game 4, helping Toronto stave off elimination in the ALCS. He did it a day or so after sporting a clean-shaven look. But the reigning AL MVP said he didnt change his appearance hoping to change the Blue Jays luck.Actually, no. I got a new beard trimmer the other day and I went to trim my beard down a little bit and whenever I trimmed it I kind of nicked it. So I had to go with it, just had to shave everything off, he said. Puma Rihanna Creepers . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. Puma Creepers Mens .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. http://www.pumacreepersrihanna.com/puma-rihanna-creepers/puma-rihanna-suede-creepers.html .ca. Kerry, Just watched the shootout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count? All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. Nike Air Pegasus Black .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Cheap Nike Air Huarache Mens . The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period. HOUSTON -- Seemingly on the brink of collapse following a pair of interleague home losses to the St. Louis Cardinals last week, the Houston Astros rebounded with a successful swing through Baltimore and Pittsburgh and set the table to remain in the thick of the American League wild card chase with a six-game homestand opening Friday.The Astros (66-61) finished 5-2 during their seven-game stretch against the Orioles and Pirates and are 9-5 over their last 14 road games. Once 10 games above .500, the Astros slipped to 61-60 after dropping the opener in Baltimore on Aug. 18. And while they remain are four games behind the Orioles for the second wild card spot, the Astros recent road run breathed new life into their postseason hopes.Its one that we needed, Astros manager A.J. Hinch said following a 5-4 victory over Pittsburgh in Wednesdays series finale. We played two good teams and came away 5-2. Im really proud of our guys. We have a small margin of error these days and weve responded by playing well.If the Astros are to surpass Baltimore, Detroit and Seattle in the wild card picture, they will need to take full advantage of their upcoming schedule. Houston hosts the Rays (54-72) and Athletics during their upcoming homestand, two teams well below .500 and long since realistically eliminated from playoff contention.Right-hander Mike Fiers (9-6, 4.41 ERA) starts the opener for the Astros seeking to win consecutive decisions for the first time since he defeated the Rays and Reds oon June 11 and June 19.ddddddddddddFiers allowed two runs on five hits and one walk with three strikeouts over seven innings while beating the Rays in his first career start against them.Fiers is 2-1 over his last three starts but has posted a 4.86 ERA while surrendering six home runs over 16 2/3 innings, a hallmark of his inconsistency. While he is 2-2 with a 4.37 ERA this month, opposing batters are slugging .494 against Fiers during August and he has alternated wins and losses over his last seven decisions.Left-hander Drew Smyly (6-11, 4.88 ERA) looks to continue his exceptional run of pitching for the Rays. He is 4-0 with a 2.79 ERA over his last six starts and the Rays have claimed victory in each of his previous five appearances. Smyly has lowered his season ERA by 0.76 runs over his last six outings, with 30 strikeouts against nine walks over 38 2/3 innings while limiting opponents to a .577 OPS.Smyly is 1-2 with a 6.10 ERA over four appearances (two starts) against the Astros.The Rays completed their most successful homestand of the season Thursday with a 2-1 victory over the Red Sox, winning consecutive games to split the four-game series. Tampa Bay finished 7-3 against the Padres, Rangers and Red Sox.We needed a lot of things to come together for us to get that win, Rays manager Kevin Cash told MLB.com. It seemed like they all did today. Discount NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen