11 a.m. start time, and Baylors Alexis Jones

in Allgemein 15.04.2018 13:43
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- After winning her third consecutive gold medal in the womens time trial, Kristin Armstrong grabbed her 5-year-old son Lucas near the finish line and gave him a tight, loving hug while tears flowed from her eyes. Mama, why are you crying? Lucas asked her. You won!Thats a great question from a 5-year-old, Armstrong said. Why am I crying? Because its what we do when were happy! Im going to have to explain that one to him a little later.Well, at least that will be less involved a responsibility than when Armstrong won gold at the 2012 Olympics in London and spent part of the postrace changing Lucas diaper.Armstrong, who turns 43 Thursday, is the oldest rider to win an Olympic time trial, surpassing the record she set four years ago. She is just someone who cannot stay away from the sport. Armstrong temporarily retired from cycling after winning gold in Beijing in 2008 so that she and her husband could start a family. After giving birth to Lucas, she returned to the sport and won gold in London. Then she retired again, only to return again in the spring of 2015.She says she used to think How can people come back to ride when they are a mother? Thats so selfish! That is not her view now.I cant imagine not bringing this experience to my son, Armstrong said. What I need to do now is make sure that my son doesnt have the pressure on him. It doesnt matter what he grows up to be. And right now he just wants to be a Stars Wars Jedi.I have to teach him that participation is good. That it doesnt matter what you become. And the last thing I want him to ever think is that he has to match what Ive done.Forget about Lucas trying to match it. No one else had ever done it before Armstrong.Armstrong won the 2008 time trial by 24 seconds and the 2012 race by 15 seconds and Thursdays race by just under six seconds. Given the declining winning margin and her rising age - she will be 46 when the Tokyo Olympics are held - this is probably the end of her Olympic career. Or maybe shell be like Michael Phelps and keep coming back. She says that while age means that recovery can take much longer, her extra years of experience, her mental approach and technical equipment provide an advantage.The U.S. women cycled well in the road race Sunday, only to see Mara Abbott get passed less than 200 meters from the end and finish fourth. Despite that terrible disappointment, Abbott provided constant encouragement to Armstrong leading into Wednesdays time trial. She left her a note reading You are a champion! in her coffee cup Tuesday, another in her hairbrush later in the day, a third on her pillow at night and a fourth in her bag Wednesday morning.The support that Maras turned around since her race Sunday has been phenomenal, Armstrong said. Thats what a team is all about. I feel were all genuinely happy for one another. Its given me great pleasure to represent the team. I havent experienced this in all my years. I feel this was the tightest team Ive been on.Armstrong woke up early Wednesday to pouring rain, but she wasnt going to let that get to her during the race that began at 9:30 a.m. in Rio. The rain had let up by the race start, but the highly technical course filled with turns and steep climbs still was wet. Wind also was an issue. Armstrong, who was the last biker to start, said she felt a headwind in her face on every turn she made.Nonetheless, she rode strong and fast enough to surpass Russian cyclist Olga Zabelinskaya and cross the finish line in first place for the gold in a time of 44 minutes, 26.42 seconds.Zabelinskaya had been banned from cycling for two years for doping, but she was allowed to compete in these Olympics because she had already served out her ban. Armstrong -- who is no relation to Lance Armstrong -- said she didnt think about it too much.If the decision is for an athlete to compete at the Olympic Games, then thats the decision, Armstrong said. It was my competition and I came on top today and I was really happy for it.And apparently Zabelinskaya wasnt too devastated with losing gold to Armstrong, because she gave the American a big hug after the race.Said Armstrong: She told me, I saw your son over there. That makes me smile because I have three kids of my own. Bradley Roby Jersey . However, he did make them miss him a little less. Cundiff, who had the unenviable job of replacing Dawson last season, agreed Thursday to a one-year, $1. Tom Jackson Jersey . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. http://www.authenticnflshopbroncos.com/authentic-todd-davis-jersey.html . 8 Kansas to a 64-63 win over Texas Tech on Tuesday night. The freshman from Vaughan, Ont. Menelik Watson Jersey . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. Shaquil Barrett Jersey . Here are his mid-season NBA awards. MVP: (KEVIN DURANT-Thunder) - Has been sensational this season and more importantly, the most consistent player in the league. Considering that his team has been without star guard Russell Westbrook and with the free agent departure of sharpshooter Kevin Martin, hes had to carry the majority of the load to not only keep his team afloat but more importantly, at an elite level. ESTERO, Fla. -- The foreshadowing came on the opening tip-off, when Baylors Beatrice Mompremier barely had to move to win possession against Kent States Naddiyah Cross.Then again, Mompremier is nearly a foot taller than Cross.So a lopsided height advantage decided the games first play, and plenty of plays after that as well. Kalani Brown scored 17 points, Lauren Cox added 15 and No. 5 Baylor rolled past Kent State 84-42 on Friday in the opening game of the Gulf Coast Showcase.Brown, Cox and Mompremier -- all between 6-foot-4 and 6-foot-7, bigger than anyone who dared defend them -- combined to make 19 of their 25 shots, and Baylor (5-1) enjoyed a 49-23 rebounding edge.Really, you could just flip a coin, said Brown, who shot 8 for 9 and grabbed a game-high nine rebounds in just 16 minutes. All of us did great things today and used it to our advantage, I guess.Baylor took control with a 15-0 run in the first quarter, and shot 52 percent.I have the luxury of having five outstanding post players, Baylor coach Kim Mulkey said. I have the three really big ones and two that are somewhat undersized, but we go to the boards hard.Larissa Lurken scored 15 for Kent State (2-3), which has dropped three straight. The Golden Flashes shot 29 percent for the game, 10 percent in the final quarter.We were just proud of the opportunity to play against a team like Baylor and compete at the highest level, Kent State coach Todd Starkey said. I thought our kids did a good job of executing. We had a couple things happen today that some of our players are going to remember for the rest of their lives.Among those things: Lurken scored her 1,000th ccareer point, and senior Lacey Miller got the first basket of her college career.ddddddddddddhose are the types of things those kids will be telling their families 20, 30 years down the road, Starkey said.BIG PICTUREKent State: Lurkens became the 20th Kent State player to reach the 1,000-point mark. ... It was the first time the Golden Flashes met Baylor since beating the Bears in 1997.Baylor: No Baylor player logged more than 23 minutes, which could help the Bears cause as the three-games-in-three-days tournament goes along. ... The Bears improved to 17-0 in 2016 against unranked opponents, 4-0 this season. ... Mompremier is playing this weekend about two hours from her Miami home, and reserve Alyssa Fry spent her senior high school season about 90 minutes north of the tournament site at IMG Academy in Bradenton.PROGRESS?Kent State had not led in either of its last two games, against Robert Morris and Detroit Mercy. The Golden Flashes actually had the lead against Baylor, holding it for 2 minutes, 27 seconds in the first quarter -- 5-2 being the largest.EARLY WAKE-UPIt was an 11 a.m. start time, and Baylors Alexis Jones got a wake-up call around 11:01 or so when she was benched 51 seconds into the contest. She had two turnovers in that span, including one 2 seconds into the game. But after sitting for nearly 5 minutes, Jones returned and scored 10 quick points.UP NEXTKent State: Faces Western Kentucky in consolation semifinals Friday.Baylor: Faces No. 18 DePaul in tournament semifinals Friday. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping China NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen