sed practice with a hamstring injury. Hes exp

in Allgemein 15.04.2018 13:47
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Bernhard Langer would have wrapped up the Charles Schwab Cup long ago under the old format. Instead, he has only a small lead and is one of five players who can take the season title with a victory Sunday in the PGA Tour Champions finale.Still recovering from a left knee injury that forced him to withdraw from the playoff opener two weeks ago in California, Langer, 59, will open play in the Charles Schwab Cup Championship on Friday on Desert Mountain Clubs Cochise course. Langer has a tour-high four victories and has wrapped up the season money title with $2,836,459.The season was fantastic, he said Thursday. Just to have four wins, two majors, and whats even more impressive to me is actually not finishing outside the top 13 all year. That was my worst finish, 13th, which Ive never done in my whole career. So thats pretty incredible.He aggravated the knee injury at home doing routine spinning.Its better. It was pretty bad in L.A. when I pulled out, Langer said. I couldnt really post up any weight on my left leg and follow through the way I wanted to follow through. I couldnt have walked that hilly golf course, either, because downhill was impossible for me to walk ...Last week, I was extremely careful. I played and I could play, but I had my caddie do a lot of the marking the ball, replacing the ball, lining it up. When it was downhill, I went serpentine this way so I wouldnt put as much pressure on the knee. Might have to do a little bit of that this week, too, just to make sure I can finish the tournament, but right now its not bad.The season standings were reset after the event last week in Virginia, with Langers lead over Richmond winner Scott McCarron reduced from 935,657 to 200. The top five -- Colin Montgomerie is third, followed by Joe Durant and Miguel Angel Jimenez -- would win the season title with a victory Sunday no matter where the other players finish. The tournament winner will receive $440,000 and 2,000 points.Langer won season titles in 2010, 2014 and 2015 but has never won the season-ending event.I love Desert Mountain, everything about it, Langer said. The golf course is obviously in phenomenal shape. The people here are so kind and hospitable. Great sponsor with Schwab. Food is fantastic, locker room is great. Practice facility, its all first class.He played a practice round Thursday.The roughs a little bit up and some of the greens are really firming up, Langer said. There were a few shots downwind that I couldnt stop on the green. It will be interesting to see what the wind does tomorrow, if it switches or how strong it is and all that. But its a real test, no doubt about it.Montgomerie pointed to the rough on the Jack Nicklaus-designed course.The overseeding has come in very strongly, Montgomerie said. If youre trying to make birdies, youve got to hit the fairway. You can just about make a par if youre lucky from the rough, but youre not making birdies. So to win this, youve got to make birdies, which comes from the fairways.The top 36 players in the standings qualified for the event, with the field reduced to 35 on Thursday when Tom Lehman withdrew because of an elbow injury. He withdraw after two rounds in the playoff opener at Sherwood and missed the event last week in Richmond. Brenden Dillon Jersey . Brad Jacobs and his Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., team took control of the game early. Tim Heed Jersey . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. http://www.wholesalesharksjerseys.com/ .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. Cheap Sharks Jerseys Online . Aside from the trilogy main event title fight, there are a number of intriguing matchups in the heavyweight, welterweight and lightweight divisions. Joe Pavelski Jersey . 10 Texas A&Ms offence dominated as usual against SMU. IOWA CITY, Iowa -- C.J. Beathard says hes fine. Now, he cant help but laugh at the rumors and frantic texts he received this week asking if he had a broken ankle -- or worse.Beathard missed a couple days of workouts this week with a bruised knee after his left knee got rolled up on in practice. The senior quarterback returned to practice Friday and looked sharp in limited reps Saturday during Iowas annual Kids Day workout at Kinnick Stadium.Fortunately, its nothing major, Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz said. If there was a game today, he would have been playing full speed.Beathard wore a precautionary knee brace Saturday at the teams final public practice before it opens the season against Miami (Ohio) on Sept. 3. Beathard has worn a brace before, but says it slows him down too much.Iowas three backup quarterbacks took more snaps than usual during the scrimmage at the end of practice. Ferentz said it was an opportunity to see what they could do with the first-team offense.Beathard participated in seven-on-seven drills and then played only two series during the scrimmage. But he says the knee feels good and hes relieved its only a minor injury.It could have been a lot worse than it was, Beathard said. It didnt look good.The Hawkeyes, who went 12-2 and reached the Rose Bowl last season, are hoping Beathard can finally be healthy this fall.Beathard was banged up most of last season with a hip injury and still eearned second-team All-Big Ten honors, throwing for 2,809 yards with 17 touchdowns against only five interceptions.ddddddddddddBeathard had surgery to repair a sports hernia in January. He missed the teams spring game in April with a bruised right shoulder -- another precautionary move.Given Beathards injury history, its not surprising that rumors swirled this week on social media and online when he wasnt seen in photo of practice posted by the university.I start hearing all these rumors and people texting me, asking me if I broke my ankle, Beathard said. Im like, `Where do you get this information from? Its funny for me.Beathards injury drew the most attention, but several key Hawkeyes missed Saturdays practice.Tight end George Kittle, cornerback Greg Mabin and linebacker Ben Niemann -- all starters -- did not dress Saturday. Ferentz expects them back in practice as early as Monday.Sophomore Jay Scheel, who emerged this offseason as someone to help with Iowas depth at wide receiver, missed practice with a hamstring injury. Hes expected to return next week.Ferentz said tight end Jon Wisnieski (knee sprain) is going to miss a couple weeks and defensive lineman Jake Hulett (leg fracture) is out 4-6 weeks.The Hawkeyes will finish their fall camp Friday with a closed scrimmage. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping China NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen