ted the continuing maturation he first

in Allgemein 12.10.2019 17:08
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Glover Quin says he stays away from alcohol during the season, drinks more than 200 ounces of water daily and some weeks, hell allow himself to splurge and have one dessert.The Detroit Lions safety lifts weights four times between games and participates in every practice, passing on the option of taking a day off here and there as eight-year veterans are able to in the NFL. Quins regimen seems to be working very well.He has started 105 straight games, the longest active streak by an NFL safety and the longest among his teammates.Its something that I do take pride in, especially now that the number has gotten pretty high, Quin said Wednesday.Its definitely something that I think about in the offseason, during the week and week to week. It pushes you. I want to play in all the games. More importantly, I would like to play in every play of every game. And to do that, you got to practice.Detroit (2-3) will play the Los Angeles Rams (3-2) on Sunday.The Lions have made a lot of moves over the years that simply havent panned out, leading to just two winning seasons since 2001.Signing Quin as a free agent three years ago has been an exception. He has one interception this season, raising his total with the Lions to 15 to trail only Seattles Richard Sherman since 2013.He had an NFL-high seven interceptions in 2014, becoming the first Lion to lead the league in that category since 1967 when Lem Barney began his Hall of Fame career with 10 interceptions.Hes impressive to watch, Rams coach Jeff Fisher said. Ive got great respect for him. Week in and week out, hes just there.The last time Quin was not out there on the field was Dec. 6, 2009, when Houston was at Jacksonville. That was Week 13 of that season, a fact recalled correctly Wednesday by Quin as if the Texans decision to leave him inactive in that game still bothers him.They said I had a concussion, Quin said. I didnt feel like I did, but they wouldnt let me play.Since then, Quin has started every game.The 30-year-old Quin is in his fourth season with the Lions. He played for the Texans for four seasons, the last two at a new position. Houston drafted the Mississippi native out of New Mexico in the fourth round of the 2009 draft. After Quin made three interceptions in his second season at cornerback, he was moved to strong safety.We got a new D-coordinator, Wade Philips, and he liked more cover safeties, Quin said. I was always the guy who knew what was going on and was a communicative type guy.He still is.Quin talked with reporters at his locker for more than 20 minutes Wednesday and that was not an unusually long conversation. On the field, he is often seen speaking to teammates to show and tell them what to do and where to be.Hes been a great person to watch and learn from because of all of the experience he has, said 21-year-old cornerback Alex Carter, who is on Detroits practice squad.As a young guy like me, its amazing to see someone who has been in the league as long as he has and to see how hard he works every day. He understands what the offense is trying to do and how the defense works. He lets us see what his mind sees. In the film room, he may say, `When this is the formation, and the front is doing this and the back is doing that, and the end is crashing, you want to be here. His football IQ is immensely high.And, Quin seems to think it is simply intelligent to choose not to drink during the season.If you drink on a Tuesday night and you come into work a little hungover, your workout in the weight room probably wont be as tough as my workout, Quin said, explaining his reasoning. Your focus in the meeting room probably wont be as good as my focus. Your stamina at practice probably wont be as good as my stamina.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Larry Lage at http://www.twitter.com/larrylage and follow his work at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/larry-lage Los Angeles Angels Store . Fellow centre Pavel Datsyuk remains out because of a concussion. Zetterberg has 11 goals and 19 assists for a team-high 30 points, and Datsyuk has a team-high 12 goals and 11 assists. Fake Angels Jerseys . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. https://www.cheapangels.com/ . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. Angels Jerseys 2020 . Soukalova missed only one target and completed the 15-kilometre course in 40 minutes, 32.6 seconds for both victories in this seasons individual discipline. Darya Domracheva of Belarus was second, 34. Los Angeles Angels Shirts . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. RENTON, Wash. -- What Pete Carroll saw beginning to develop in the first two weeks of training camp showed when the Seattle Seahawks finally got on the field.In critical areas like the offensive line, backup quarterback and Seattles stable of running backs, that development was far more important than the 17-16 victory over Kansas City in the Seahawks preseason opener.Were really pleased with whats happened up to this point because guys are showing in the game like they showed in practice, Carroll said. So were getting good information and really directs us for the things we need to work on.The standouts included the maligned starting offensive line, which held its own against Kansas Citys front, though the Chiefs were without a number of starters. Running back Christine Michael rushed for 44 yards on just seven carries and was decisive during his runs. Backup quarterback Trevone Boykin played adequately even before the final drive, when he took the Seahawks 88 yards in the closing seconds and hit Tanner McEvoy for a 37-yard touchdown on the final play of regulation. And undrafted rookie defensive back Tyvis Powell showed his versatility with a couple of standout plays on special teams and an interception on defense.I dont remember a first-year guy having a first game that was that obvious like that, Carroll said of Powell.The more important developments were the play of the offensive line and Boykins performance.The projected starting line has been the most watched position group during training camp because of its perceived weakness. Justin Britt seemed to adjust well to his move to center, tackles Bradley Sowell and Garry Gilliam played well and rookie Germain Ifedi made a few mistakes but overall held up in his first professional game.I thought we were tight in our pass protection and really hit some runns against a really nice front, Carroll said.ddddddddddddBoykin was 12 of 22 passing before the final drive when he hit all four passes, including the touchdown to McEvoy. Carroll said Boykin had some issues in the huddle that led to miscommunication but the coach was pleased overall as Boykin tries to show he can serve as Russell Wilsons backup.He showed the big plays and showed the confidence and the poise to get through it and the clock is ticking down on that last play and the clock is running out and had great poise to finish it off like he did, Carroll said.Michael exhibited the continuing maturation he first displayed when he was re-signed by the Seahawks late last season. Michael has received the bulk of the work in training camp as Thomas Rawls recovers from the ankle injury he suffered in December.Im just here to contribute. Whether thats a 1-2 punch or backing Thomas up or starting, I have to be consistent, I have to do my job, I have to be trustworthy and know what Im doing, Michael said.Game notes Seattle signed veteran DT Tony McDaniel. Agent David Canter posted on Twitter that McDaniel had signed with the Seahawks. McDaniel played with Seattle in 2013-14 and was in Tampa Bay last year. ... RT JMarcus Webb is not expected to play Thursday against Minnesota. Webb twisted his knee in practice last week and did not play against the Chiefs. Seattle moved Garry Gilliam to right tackle and inserted Bradley Sowell at left tackle against Kansas City and will likely do the same again this week. ... SS Kam Chancellor has not returned to practice due to a groin injury and wont play this week.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen