it all out (Tuesday), look at all our o

in Allgemein 20.10.2019 15:20
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

DENVER -- San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy can only hope that the Giants offense, which has been faltering for weeks, might have bottomed out Monday when they were shut out at, of all places, Coors Field.The Giants were held to two hits by Chad Bettis, who threw a complete game Monday as the Colorado Rockies won the series opener 6-0.Since the All-Star break, the Giants are a major league-worst 16-31, a tailspin that includes 18 losses in their past 25 road games. The Giants are hitting a mere .219 (91-for-416) with runners in scoring position in the second half. According to STATS Inc., this is the first time the Giants have been held to four or fewer hits in five straight games since 1913.We have to find a way to come out of this, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. We couldnt generate the energy level up to get the offense going. Their guy pitched great. Ill give him that, but at the same time, weve been in this for a little while. Its time for us to wake up here.Were looking for that magic wand. We are looking for someone to get us going ... to see if somebody can jump start us and get this offense going. We are better than this. This thing is contagious. It has been here awhile, too long.Catcher Buster Posey, first baseman Brandon Belt and shortstop Brandon Crawford -- the Giants top three home-run hitters -- have combined for 243 at-bats since one of them last hit a home run -- 142 at-bats by Posey, 71 by Belt and 30 by Crawford, the last of that group to go deep when he homered Aug. 27.The boys have to get their confidence back, no question about that, Bochy said. These things are hard to explain. Crawford, Belt, Posey, the guys that normally have a few more home runs -- but the last thing you can do in this game is start thinking about it and trying for it. Now youre going to get really out of synch. You try to go up there and get a good swing off and see what happens.Jeff Samardzjia will start Tuesday for the Giants. Hes 11-9 with a 4.06 ERA and wasnt involved in the decision Thursday at Chicago when he allowed three runs on five hits in four innings as the Giants lost 5-4 to the Cubs. Samardzjia threw a career-high 47 pitches in the first inning and finished with 87 pitches. In two starts this season against the Rockies, Samardzjia is 1-1 with a 2.30 ERA. In his lone start this season at Coors Field, he allowed two runs in eight innings April 12 and was the winning pitcher in the Giants 7-2 victory.Left-hander Tyler Anderson will start for the Rockies. Hes 5-5 with a 3.43 ERA, which is the lowest in franchise history by a Rockies starter in his first 15 career starts. Anderson has allowed three or fewer runs in 12 outings, including Wednesday when he worked 6 1/3 scoreless innings in the first game of a doubleheader against the Dodgers and won 7-0. In his lone start against the Giants on July 4 at San Francisco, Anderson allowed three runs on four hits, including homers by Angel Pagan and Posey, in six innings and took the loss as the Rockies fell 3-1.Bettis magnificent start Monday gave the Colorado bullpen a day off. Going forward, Rockies manager Walt Weiss will pick his spots to restore the confidence of Carlos Estevez, a 23-year-old rookie with a fastball that can easily touch 100 mph and sits at 97-98 mph. On Sunday against Arizona, Estevez, who is 3-7 with a 5.14 ERA in 56 games with 23 walks, 54 strikeouts and 42 hits allowed in 49 innings, gave up two runs in two-thirds of an inning. He had hit two batters in his previous 55 appearances before hitting two Arizona hitters Sunday in the space of four batters and yielding a two-run single.Estevez had a 3.66 ERA in his first 42 appearances but has since allowed 15 hits and 12 runs in his past 9 2/3 innings.I think every players confidence gets shaken in this league, Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. Its what you do with it, because everybody fails. For Carlos, hes going through some of that right now. Some of its mechanical, and were working on that because it comes down to command. He obviously has major weapons.Its about commanding the ball, staying in good counts. If you cant get in (good) counts and use the weapons, its a tough league to pitch in. Nothings changed for me as far as what I think about Carlos. I think hes got a tremendous future. Hes supremely gifted, and hes a great kid. Hes going to be fine -- just working through some things like every player has to. Miami Marlins Pro Shop .Y. -- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo had little trouble picking up his first shutout of the season against a Buffalo Sabres team thats having trouble scoring goals. Miami Marlins Shirts . William Carrier opened the scoring for Cape Breton (6-4-2), but Andrew Ryan tied the game and Brent Andrews put the Mooseheads (8-6-0) in front for good with a short-handed goal at 13:49 of the second period. https://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.us/ . Q: Team Canada announces their Olympic roster three weeks from today. Who is general manager Steve Yzerman watching? LeBrun: Over the last 48 hours, hes taken in the home-and-home between the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche with Jamie Benn and Matt Duchene being the obvious targets. Cheap Marlins Jerseys .C. -- After a listless first half, the Washington Wizards used a big third quarter run to beat the Charlotte Bobcats Bradley Beal scored 21 points and the Wizards used a 17-0 run in the third quarter to take control of what had been a close game and beat the Bobcats 97-83 on Tuesday night. Custom Miami Marlins Jerseys . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals were widely expected to contend for the Super Bowl this season. That lofty goal is still in play, of course, but a 1-2 start and coming off a 33-18 loss at Buffalo on Sunday has the Cardinals trying to find solutions to unexpected problems.Those issues, coach Bruce Arians said Monday, include communication in-game on the road, increased mental errors, slow starts coming out of halftime, and too many leaders with not enough followers in the locker room.Those four trouble spots came out of Sundays loss, which saw Arizona trail by as many as 23 points in the third quarter. The Bills gashed a typically more stout Cardinals defense for 208 rushing yards, with an average of 6.5 yards per attempt.On offense, Carson Palmer threw four interceptions and was sacked five times.Weve never given up that many yards rushing. Never had that poor a performance on third down (offense). This one, it was a good old-fashioned butt-kicking, and we took it, Arians said. Weve got some guys that are trying to do too much . pressing and trying too hard. I think thats easily correctable.Arians feels the Cardinals have yet to start second halves well. With Buffalo being the first road game, he said players had problems hearing calls amid the noise. And there are roughly five more mental mistakes occurring than in a typical game.We went over there and we werent ready, left guard Mike Iupati said. Film dont lie.The Cardinals spent Monday going over the film from Sundays game in what was sure to be an unpleasant lookback. Then theyll turn the page and start preparing for a home game against the Los Angeles Rams (2-1) this week.I definitely feel like this week is going to be very intense for us, running back David Johnson said.Veteran leadership isnt an issue, but younger players trying to do their own thing is, Arians said.Were finding out about ourselves, Arians said. Were good enough . they know the talent is there, I dont have to giive them that message.dddddddddddd The message to the team was find a positive way to fix whats wrong.Players seemed to take that to heart, as they individually spoke of having to improve on the field while remembering to keep things simple.At the end of the day its just football, safety Tyrann Mathieu said. You always have to go back to your fundamentals.Youre playing for the guy next to you, youre not playing for expectations or trophies that arent won in September, Mathieu added. We just have to get back to that.PROBLEM AT PUNTER: The Cardinals figure to be looking for a punter this week. Drew Butler has a combination sprained Achilles tendon and foot injury suffered during the first half of the loss at Buffalo. Butler could miss time with the injury, but was able to stay in the game and hold for place kicks.Well search it all out (Tuesday), look at all our options, Arians said Monday.The Cardinals hope to keep Butler active this week, if possible, and use him only as a holder, Arians added.The fact that I could actually put my foot on the ground, I knew my Achilles was still intact, Butler said. I honestly couldnt put any weight on my toe, so punting was out of the question.Wide receiver Michael Floyd came out of Sunday with a headache and is in the concussion protocol. Tight end Troy Niklas had one catch for no gain on Sunday and injured a wrist. It could be severe, Arians said.SNAP JUDGMENT: The Cardinals could also be working out long snappers by Tuesday. Rookie Kam Canaday has had two glaring snap errors on field goals this season. The second came Sunday when his high snap sailed over Butlers hands and was picked up and returned for a Bills touchdown.Canaday is also dealing with a rib injury, which Arians said has to be evaluated and considered.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen