usly to see where were at, bo

in Allgemein 20.10.2019 15:20
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

Former Hawthorn star Sam Mitchell wont say whether Jobe Watson deserved to lose his Brownlow Medal.But he and Richmond captain Trent Cotchin never considered knocking back the joint award after the AFL officially stripped Watson of the 2012 Brownlow for his role in the Essendon supplements saga.In this game I guess you accept the umpires call, Mitchell said during a press conference with Cotchin on Thursday.Were both very proud to be Brownlow Medallists.Were not going to go into (whether Watsons sanction was appropriate). Thats not for us to decide.The pair, who were originally runners-up to Watson for the AFLs greatest individual accolade, will receive their medals in a private ceremony next month.Cotchin was holidaying with his family in Noosa when he received a nervously-anticipated phone call from AFL chief Gillon McLachlan on Tuesday confirming the leagues decision.We were waiting for a four oclock call from Gil and we wondered whether he had a watch, Cotchin joked.Its mixed emotions. Were still playing now and its been a four-year process but we still have won the most prestigious individual award in different circumstances. Its definitely something well reflect on post-career moreso.Mitchell was sitting in his backyard with his young son on his lap when he learned of the news.Theres a lot of things that have happened in the past that have got very little to do with us, he said.But when Ive got my son sitting there and I get a phone call saying youre a Brownlow Medallist, Id be lying if I (said) it was not a joyful experience to share that with my family right at that point.Theres a lots of awkwardness in the way its happened but hopefully from this point on we can put that side of it behind us and just take it for what it is.Neither of the winners have spoken to Watson since Tuesdays AFL Commission decision but Mitchell says he feels a great deal of empathy for the Bombers veterans father, Essendon great Tim Watson.I dont know Jobe at all. I dont have his phone number or anything like that, Mitchell said.Particularly as a father, I feel for Tim. When I look at my son, if he was going through something like Jobe is going through, youd be heartbroken for him. So theres that aspect but I dont feel its my place to reach out. Jaylen Hands Nets Jersey . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. Garrett Temple Jersey . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN. https://www.netsrookiesshop.com/ . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. Kenneth Faried Jersey . Vettel was 0.168 seconds faster than Red Bull teammate Mark Webber around the Suzuka circuit. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg was two tenths of a second off Vettel. "The car balance is decent, but I think we can still improve," Vettel said. David Nwaba Nets Jersey . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. North Queensland thrashed Canterbury 36-0 in Townsville a month ago, but Johnathan Thurston expects that result to only make the Bulldogs a tougher opponent.The fifth-placed Cowboys face the fourth-placed Bulldogs at Belmore on Thursday in a clash that will go a long way in determining who secures the final spot in the NRLs top four.Thurston and his men head south knowing they destroyed the Dogs at home in July, but the Queensland and Australia representative says their opponents will definitely use that result as motivation.That hurt them. No doubt theyll come out and be a lot more committed and fired up, the Cowboys co-captain said.Theyre playing at Belmore. Personally I know what its like when youre playing there. You grow an extra leg.Its a hostile environment. A good challenge for us this time of year obviously to see where were at, both physically and mentally.Thurston hasnt played a first-grade game at Belmore, but played there for the Bulldogs Jersey Fleegg team during his time at Canterbury as a youngster.ddddddddddddHe expects a venomous return to his old stomping ground, but surprisingly, Canterbury have won only one of the three matches theyve played at their spiritual home since it resumed as a first-grade venue in 2015.Obviously the crowd, they dont hold back, Thurston said.Theyre very vocal and love their team.Its just one of those old suburban grounds. Its not like the new stadiums youre normally at.The Cowboys, who will welcome representative prop Matt Scott back into their line-up for the crucial clash, head to Sydney on Tuesday.Thurston says travelling a day earlier for the away fixture, as they would do for finals games, highlights the importance of the round 24 clash.Its just an early indication that no doubt Thursday night will be a semi-final type footy, Thurston said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen