amiel (back) dont return.

in Allgemein 20.10.2019 15:21
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- A 14th-place finish at the Olympics might not seem like much to many. Its different for American gymnast Chris Brooks, whose performance in the mens all-around final on Wednesday meant everything.The 29-year-old U.S. captain fought through years of injuries and near-misses to make his Olympic debut at the Rio de Janeiro Games. Though he didnt end up on the medal stand, he was proud to hit all six of his routines without a hitch and represent the country after serving as an alternate in London.In the highest pressure situation possible ... to go out there and hit sets and basically just show people that I deserve to be out on the floor, Brooks said. Ive been an alternate for a long time and to get that opportunity is just pretty special to me. Im glad I could come through it.Wednesday marked the end of the Olympics for him and the final all-around competition of his career. He isnt retiring though, saying he wants to rest and recover before returning to competition where hell likely compete in only the parallel bars and high bar.His best event on Wednesday was the high bar, where his 15.200 was the third-highest score of the day.Hitting high bar and sticking was a phenomenal feeling to say the least, he said.Hes long struggled on the pommel horse, often falling off. On Wednesday, he hit his first five routines, leaving only the dreaded pommel horse to conquer. He managed to stay on, allowing him to finish a perfect 6 for 6. But the routine wasnt anything special and he received his lowest score of the day on it, dropping him down a few spots.Just a little disappointed I couldnt have hit a little better pommel horse routine, but I stayed on, so thats good, he said with a laugh.Four-time national champion Sam Mikulak, who finished seventh on Wednesday, raved about his teammate.He did phenomenal, Mikulak said. It was great seeing him. Hes like: `This is my last big hurrah, and he went out on the biggest of notes.Mikulak had some trouble early, stumbling on the landing to his vault. But he got going after that, and wowed on the parallel bars to earn his highest score of the competition.This is the epitome of the sport, and when you can go and put on a solid performance that lives up to your expectations of what you should be capable of doing, you can be nothing but happy about it, he said.Theres still more in these games for the 23-year-old Mikulak, who will compete in the high bar and floor exercise finals next week. He also said Wednesday that he plans to compete through the next two Olympics.Although the Americans didnt come away with a medal again after also missing the hardware by finishing fifth in the team competition, Mikulak walked away from Wednesdays competition in a good place.I wouldnt change any way that Ive prepared for this competition, he said. I put my heart and soul into it every single day. I hit all of my routines. I have no regrets. Wholesale Nike Air Max 90 . "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel. Cheap Nike Air Max 90 . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. https://www.cheapnikeairmax90china.us/ . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. Nike Air Max 90 Sale . The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments. Fake Nike Air Max 90 . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. Coach Mark Dantonio finds himself in an unusual place this weekend. Hes trying to get No. 17 Michigan State off the mat and ready to fight back.Its not the first time Dantonio has asked the Spartans to demonstrate their resiliency after a humbling home loss, but it is the first time in quite a while.The one thing he does know is that his team wants to get rid of the sour taste that has lingered all week.The culture here has been a culture of winning, so when you do lose, you know, it hurts you. You take it a little bit personal or a lot personal, Dantonio said. People usually get themselves ready for the next challenge. I think thats human nature. I think thats basically human nature, and I think in football especially.Of course, that doesnt necessarily mean everything will be fixed magically when Michigan State (2-1, 0-1 Big Ten) steps onto the field Saturday at Indiana.In the past three-plus seasons, Michigan State is 38-6. The last time it lost back-to-back games was November 2012. To keep that streak intact, they have to beat the Hoosiers (2-1) for the eighth straight time.The Hoosiers have one of the leagues highest-scoring and fastest-paced offenses. Richard Lagow is the highest-rated new starting quarterback in the league, and Indianas improving defense has been able to make big plays. And like Michigan State, Indiana is trying to regain its footing losing to Wake Forest on its home turf, and coach Kevin Wilson may add some new wrinkles to throw off the Spartans strong defense.(Lagow) is a big kid, he does move well, he does have a good arm, were going to try more find ways to move the pocket so hes not a stationary target, Wilson said.But deception may not be enough to take down the defending Big Ten champs for a second straight week and both coaches know it.Same thing happened in 2014, Dantonio said. We lost an early game and we needed to deal with that early loss throughout and we needed fight back from it, and we were able to do that. Weve had a history of doing those things. We need to rely on that history and keep pushing.Here are some other things to watch Saturday:QUARTERBACK CHALLLENGEDantonio and Wilson both spent this week trying to get their starting quarterbacks back on track.dddddddddddd Now theyll be watching closely to see who rebounds quicker. Michigan States Tyler OConnor threw three critical interceptions in the loss to Wisconsin, prompting speculation about a possible change. Dantonio quickly quashed the discussion. Meanwhile, Lagow is coming off a strange week in which he threw for a school record 496 yards to go with five interceptions. Wilson, who can be brutally honest at times, said most of the miscues were not Lagows fault.THE GRINDWithout starting right guard Dan Feeney and starting right tackle Dimitric Camiel, the Hoosiers struggled to run the ball against a stingy Wake Forest defense. It wont be any easier this week, if Feeney (concussion) or Camiel (back) dont return. But that touted Spartans defense could be missing some key components, too. Linebacker Jon Reschke (sprained ankle) already has been ruled out and Dantonio still hasnt said whether linebacker Riley Bullough will return from an undisclosed injury. Bullough missed the Wisconsin game.KICKING GAMEThe most glaring advantage for Michigan State may come on special teams. In the first three games, Indiana has missed a short field goal, had a blocked punt returned for a touchdown and last week had a makeable field goal blocked. Wilson has made it clear after each of the first three games, that kicking teams must perform better than they have. And if they dont this week, it could prove costly.FINISHING STRONGIndiana has had a knack for playing well against the Big Tens best, including Michigan State. A year ago, the Hoosiers trailed by two after three quarters in East Lansing, were in position to upset Michigan and challenged Ohio State with a backup quarterback. But they wound up losing all three. And they couldnt close out undefeated Wake Forest last week, either. To pull a surprise this week, the Hoosiers must finish strong.---Online: http://collegefootball.ap.org/ ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen