ystem he doesnt believe in. He also said the ch

in Allgemein 21.10.2019 15:53
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Columbus Blue Jackets (5-3-2) and Anaheim Ducks (6-5-2) close out their season series Wednesday at Nationwide Arena, but Columbus will be missing a mainstay on defense.Seth Jones was placed on injured reserve Monday after sustaining a hairline fracture on the top of his right foot in Saturdays game at St. Louis.Im very disappointed for him, Blue Jackets coach John Tortorella told the Columbus Dispatch. Injuries are part of this game. Its huge a loss for us; Im not going to say it isnt. But this happens.Its for him that it bothers me the most because I think he has really ... his mental approach has improved much from the first time I met him last year to where he is right now.Jones leads all Blue Jackets players with 24:14 in average ice time per game. With the team carrying eight defensemen on the roster, a call-up is unlikely.Zach Werenski, Jones defensive partner, has two goals and eight assists for the season. Hell likely be paired with David Savard on Wednesday.Less than two weeks ago, the Blue Jackets handed the Ducks a 4-0 loss at the Honda Center to close out their West Coast road trip. Since that game, Columbus is 3-0-1 and Anaheim 3-2-0.Tortorella was unhappy with the effort of some of his top players in Saturdays 2-1 overtime loss to the St. Louis Blues. An indication of this was the line-shuffling in practice ahead of Wednesdaysgame.Left wing Brandon Saad was moved to the fourth line, while left wing Scott Hartnell was elevated to the second line in Saads place.After a lengthy contract squabble, Ducks defenseman Hampus Lindholm joined the team for practice Tuesday in Columbus. The 22-year old signed a six-year, $31.5 million deal at the end of October, and has missed 13 games.It was a really good feeling, Lindholm told the Los Angeles Times. Im just happy to get back on the ice, and hopefully Ill be playing some hockey (soon).He was asked if he could play as soon as Wednesday against the Blue Jackets and said: Whenever they want to put me in, Im ready. I feel comfortable.Last season with Anaheim, he averaged 22 minutes of ice time during the regular season and finished with 10 goals and 18 assists. He had been practicing with Rogle BK of the Swedish Hockey League during the contract stalemate.Weve got to get him up to game speed as quickly as possible, Anaheim coach Randy Carlyle told the teams website. The things we did today were pushing, shoving, defending and shooting. Probably the things he did the least of during his practice time (with Rogle).Well see what tomorrow brings and make a decision based upon how he feels and what he says. He says hes ready to play. Ultimately, hell be the one who decides if hes ready to play or not. Seattle Mariners Gear . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. Seattle Mariners Store . LOUIS -- Rookie Tavon Austin has missed another day of practice, lessening the odds hell be ready for the St. https://www.cheapmariners.com/ .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. Fake Mariners Jerseys . Gather a group of friends, or find a league to join online, draft your team, set your lineup and compete in a number of different formats. Mariners Jerseys 2020 . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is well aware of how his decision not to participate in the recent presidential election while promoting a message of change has been received.Asked Tuesday why he opted not to cast a vote for measures beyond the choice of a president, Kaepernick offered a familiar response in taking aim at the system and stating his belief that voting isnt the only way to make a difference.I thought a lot of different things about the process and what I could and couldnt do, Kaepernick said. Once again, the system of oppression is what I have an issue with.Theres more than one way to create change.The Sacramento Bee reported this week that Kaepernick, who has knelt during the national anthem in protest of racial inequality and oppression all season, has actually never been registered to vote in California or in Nevada, where he attended college.Kaepernick did not confirm that hes never been registered but again pointed to his feelings about the voting system when asked about not registering to vote now or in the past.Once again, I addressed that, I continue to address it, I dont agree with the system of oppression and thats something I will continue to not agree with, Kaepernick said.In the run-up to the 2016 election, Kaepernick repeatedly made it clear he didnt approve of either President-elect Donald Trump or Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton. On Election Day, Kaepernick said he would not be voting and foollowed through on that promise.ddddddddddddOn Wednesday, Kaepernick told Arizona reporters on a conference call that it didnt matter who won the election because neither candidate was a good choice.On Sunday, Kaepernick said he felt it would be hypocritical for him to vote because it would be the equivalent of showing support for a system he doesnt believe in. He also said the choice of Trump should increase the urgency for everyone to work toward solutions to make the system better.I think everybody should feel urgency to make sure that were doing the right thing, building things the right way in order to be able to protect ourselves from what may come from this, Kaepernick said.When asked whether he believed the reason for so many no-shows to the voting booth were because many feel the same way as him, Kaepernick said he wasnt sure.You would have to ask them that, Kaepernick said. I dont want to speak for anybody or put anybody in a situation where I am not representing them properly so I really cant say.Kaepernick has previously pledged to donate $1 million and any proceeds from the sale of his jersey to groups that can help the causes hes working for and he recently held a Know Your Rights camp for kids in Oakland that provided guidance on a variety of topics, including education, fitness, money and interacting with law enforcement. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen