f Friday morning.Home page for all Week 4

in Allgemein 16.04.2018 11:20
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

After nine days and 1,513.5 kilometres in the saddle, almost all of it nursing a broken rib, Canadian Ryder Hesjedal defied logic by getting back on his bike Monday during a Tour de France rest day. The 32-year-old from Victoria went for a "beautiful" 90-minute spin with a local who showed off the roads ahead. This after a gruelling 168.5-kilometre Stage 9 Sunday that included five climbs, four of which were Category 1. "Definitely one of the more explosive days of racing in a long time," Hesjedal said from Nantes. Coming off a team stage win helped ease the pain. As did an off-day massage and relaxed lunch. Hesjedals Garmin-Sharp teammate Dan Martin crossed the finish line first Sunday and stands eighth overall. Overall race leader Chris Froome of Britain finished 14th, crossing the line in a group 20 second behind the Irishman. After taking part in an attack at the front, Hesjedal finished 59th on the stage and stands 41st overall, 26:08 behind the leader. Garmin Sharp teammate Andrew Talansky of the U.S. is 22nd overall. Hesjedals preparations for his sixth Tour de France were not ideal. A virus prematurely ended his bid to defend his Giro dItalia title and he crashed out of his comeback Tour de Suisse race in the early stages. He was proud just to make it to the Tour de France, although he admits the lack of race days in advance has meant his legs are not in top condition. "Not to be unexpected with the buildup I had to the race," he said. "I worked as hard as I could," he added. "I was optimistic I could ride into the race and be at the level that Im used to being at. But it just wasnt there in time for Stage 8." Thats when Froome, leaving challengers in his wake, attacked the first tough mountain stage en route to the yellow jersey and a dominant stage win. Hesjedal fell to 35th from 14th overall, losing 8:07 on the leader. It didnt help that on Day 1 of the Tour, he got caught up in another crash. Hesjedal was doing his best to avoid a group of riders who had crashed after clipping the barrier ahead of him. It seemed to be working until someone hit him from behind and sent him flying into the crash. "I landed on bikes and people," he said. The impact broke his sixth rib in the front, in the chest area -- right where the lung expands. The injury also affects the muscles around the rib. "It is what it is," he said stoically of the injury. "Its been sometimes good, sometimes bad. Were so used to blocking things out mentally when youre riding." He has the injury taped up for stability. The good news is hes able to sleep a little better these days. But it hasnt made racing any easier. "I mean Im trying to stay with the best guys at the Tour de France," he said. "I try not to think about it and just focus on what I need to do. I think I showed (Sunday) that I still had plenty of ability to do something in the race." "Even if Im not 100 per cent, my 90 or 80 per cents not too bad," he added. "So I can always contribute to the team and be part of the equation for getting result somehow." Stage 10 Tuesday is a flat 197-kilometre run from Saint-Gildas-des-Bois to Saint-Malo in Brittany. A 33-kilometre individual time trial follows Wednesday. With Hesjedal out of the general classification hunt, he expects to conserve energy during the time trial to save energy for later stages. Despite the toll on his body, Hesjedal says hes having fun. "I am," he said. "I love riding my bike, I love racing. "To be at the Tour de France -- I mean we won the stage (Sunday) by working together and everyone putting it out on the line. It doesnt get any better than that so Im definitely having a good time." Canadian David Veilleux of Cap-Rouge, Que., riding for Team Europcar, is 132nd overall while Svein Tuft of Langley, B.C., part of the Orica GreenEdge team, is 173rd. Hesjedal offers no predictions on who will stand atop the podium when the peloton arrives in Paris on July 21, saying too much could happen between now and then. Fernando Rodney Jersey .C. Lions has come to an end. Banks told TSN on Jan 2 that he had no interest in playing out the option year of his contract with the Lions in 2014, and he again made that clear in a conversation with Lions GM Wally Buono last week. Ervin Santana Jersey . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. http://www.twinsjerseyscheap.com/?tag=jose-berrios-jersey . Oyama had six birdies and two bogeys at Kintetsu Kashikojima in the event also sanctioned by the Japan LPGA Tour. "I have been having this neck ache thats been affecting my golf recently," Oyama said. Bert Blyleven Jersey . Radwanska, making her debut in the Seoul tournament, hit eight aces in a match that lasted 1 hour, 4 minutes at Olympic Park tennis stadium. "It was definitely a very good match -- I was playing really good tennis," Radwanska said. Cheap Baseball Twins Jerseys . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. ESPN Chalks Vegas experts are here to provide analysis and best bets for all Week 4 games, including the Carolina-Atlanta?matchup.Note: All odds courtesy of the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook as of Friday morning.Home page for all Week 4 gamesMatchup: Carolina Panthers-Atlanta FalconsSpread:?Opened Carolina -3.5; now? Carolina -3 (-120) Total: Opened 46; now 50.5 PickCenter public consensus pick: 65 percent CarolinaPublic perception: I was afraid the Falcons winning on ESPNs Monday Night Football might put more people on them, but Im glad to see that the Panthers are getting more of the publics money.dddddddddddd China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen