esday, saying there were no limitations with

in Allgemein 22.10.2019 15:05
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA -- It didnt take long for Carson Wentz to get his first taste of success.The rookie quarterback out of North Dakota State went 4-for-5 for 57 yards and 1 touchdown on his first NFL drive, helping the Philadelphia Eagles jump to a 7-0 lead Sunday against the Cleveland Browns, en route to a 29-10 win. The lone incompletion was a drop from wide receiver Jordan Matthews.Matthews made up for it, though, hauling in a perfectly-placed ball in the left corner of the end zone for a 19-yard TD.It was just man coverage, man coverage across the board, Wentz said. And I knew Jordan, all week we had been repping that, and I knew hed get a good release and beat his guy, and thats what he did. I just threw it out there, gave him a chance and he made a heck of a play.Tight end Zach Ertz kick-started the drive with a one-handed grab along the right sideline for a 14-yard completion -- the first of Wentzs career.Wentz went on to complete 22-of-37 passes for 278 yards and two touchdowns, including a 35-yard touchdown toss to receiver Nelson Agholor in the third quarter that helped secure the win over Cleveland.When coach called it, I was pretty excited, said Wentz of the shot to Agholor. And Nelson, right off the ball, he killed his guy [cornerback Joe Haden] and had a great release. I put it out there for him and he was running and it was great. Great play.Wentz is the first Eagles rookie quarterback to start a season opener since Davey OBrien in 1939. Wholesale Shoes Brands . Tuesdays surgery at Atlantas Piedmont Hospital was performed by Dr. Xavier Duralde and Hawks team physician Dr. Michael Bernot. Wholesale China Shoes Free Shipping . The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period. http://www.wholesaleshoes.us.org/ . Oaklands loss to Seattle clinched the ALs best record for the Red Sox with one day to spare in the regular season. "I think everybody was kind of watching," catcher David Ross said. "Demp (Ryan Dempster) came out before he went to the bullpen and was just yelling that they lost. Shoes Wholesale China Market . Defencemen Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and forward Ryan Getzlaf also scored for the Canadians, who started their gold-medal defence 2-0. Goalie Roberto Luongo, getting the call in place of Game 1 starter Carey Price, was solid when needed in making 23 saves for the shutout. Replica Shoes Wholesale . Siddikur, whose previous win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago, finished his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th for a total of 17-under 199. Indias Shiv Chowrasia, who has finished runner-up in this tournament twice, was in second place after a 66. FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Three days after absorbing a rib-rattling sandwich from Ndamukong Suh and Cameron Wake, New York Jets quarterback Bryce Petty pronounced himself cleared to play Saturday against the New England Patriots.Petty, who suffered a chest bruise on the hit, was in such good spirits Tuesday that he managed to laugh about it.It was a good hit -- hits, plural, he said. Ill probably put [the picture] up in my man cave at some point. If I can take shots from those two dudes, I think Ill be all right.Petty, in his third career start, was injured on a fluke play at the start of the fourth quarter in the Jets 34-13 loss to the Miami Dolphins.Wesley Johnson snapped the ball prematurely, catching Petty and the other offensive linemen by surprise. They never engaged the Miami pass-rushers, allowing Suh and Wake to swoop toward Petty from opposite sides.Petty, who completed a pass on the play, was in too much pain to continue. X-rays and a CT scan were negative, meaning there were no fractures and no lung damage, according to the team.I thought something was messed up in there, Petty said. Luckily, everything is good and I dont have to speak in hypotheticals, because were all cleared and good to go.Coach Todd Bowles stopped short of saying Petty will start against the Patriots, but he sounded optimistic.Hes feeling a lot better, Bowles said. Its early in the week, but if he continues to get better, he shouuld be fine.ddddddddddddBowles still is toying with the idea of dressing three quarterbacks for the game, which would mean the first time in uniform for rookie third-stringer Christian Hackenberg.Petty practiced fully Tuesday, saying there were no limitations with his throwing. He said his chest is pain-free, but hes expected to wear a protective pad for the game. He said the training camp is creating a Kevlar pad for him.Petty said he didnt want to blame Johnson for the error, but mentioned that he received an apologetic gift from him.I had a batch of cookies on my hood from Wes, Petty said, adding that they were chocolate chip and homemade. It was a really nice gesture. He still owes me dinner, though.Petty lost one of his top lineman, as right guard Brian Winters was placed on injured reserve. He suffered a shoulder injury against the Dolphins and couldnt finish the game. He became the fourth offensive lineman to land on IR, joining Nick Mangold, Breno Giacomini and Ryan Clady. The only original starter still standing is left guard James Carpenter. Winters, who will be a free agent, probably will be replaced by Dakota Dozier.The Jets also placed linebacker Mike Catapano (knee) on IR. They signed tackle Donald Hawkins and defensive tackle Brandin Bryant from the practice squad. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen