will be good to see him when we play

in Allgemein 22.10.2019 15:05
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

Lynden Dunn has vowed to prove the haters wrong and play on at AFL level for another three or four years, and has also revealed hes eyeing a possible NFL punting career once he hangs up his footy boots.Dunn, one of Caseys best in Sundays VFL grand final loss to Western Bulldogs, only played four senior matches for Melbourne in 2016, having averaged 20 per year over the past four seasons.The key defender, 29, is contracted for next year and believes hes capable of playing beyond the end of that deal. But - with reports of interest at rival clubs -- he conceded he wasnt sure whether that would be for the Demons, or elsewhere.I love playing footy. My season didnt go as planned - to play only four [AFL] games is disappointing but Im not the first person to be in this position and I wont be the last, Dunn told ESPN in a sombre Casey changerooms at Etihad Stadium.Im certainly not going to roll over and let my career dwindle away - Im looking forward to getting back and playing senior AFL footy. I need a break, its been a long year, but I still think Ive got three or four years left of AFL footy. Hopefully I can prove the haters wrong.The 165-game veteran said the thought of finishing as a one-club player was appealing, but added he had to weigh up all his options if it became clear he may struggle for senior opportunities at the Demons next season.Being a one-club player has always been very important to me. But Ive got to sit down with my family and go through a few things, he said. I dont want to leave but there might be an opportunity elsewhere - Ill have to look at that. But I havent thought about it yet as Ive been focusing on trying to win a VFL premiership, which didnt happen.Ive been around 12 years now - what you see is what you get. I need to keep backing myself in and tidy up a few areas but Im still confident I can play at the highest level. I turn 30 next year but that doesnt mean a great deal - blokes are running around who are almost 40 these days, so Im looking forward to having a break and weighing everything up.Dunn did his best to keep the Bulldogs at bay in Sundays VFL grand final, repeatedly repelling their advances before the weight of numbers eventually took their toll.He was involved in plenty of niggle during the contest, and also showcased his powerful kick to be one of the Scorpions best.Dunn confirmed to ESPN he was considering a NFL punting career, but stressed he would only go down that path once his AFL career was over.Its in the back of my mind, definitely, he said. Ive always said Ill never cut my AFL career short because I love the game and I love our club, but if that opportunity arose, I would [look at it].Ive got a bit of work to do though - I think I tried to kick about eight barrels today and shanked all of them, so hopefully no one was watching them ... but its definitely an interest of mine. And you certainly dont have to run as far, being a punter, which is exciting as Im sick of running in pre-seasons.Its an interest, but how far I pursue that, Ill wait and see. Adidas Nmd Mens Clearance . Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, announced Wednesday that the team would assign Swedish forward Elias Lindholm to his nations team for the upcoming tournament. Cheap Yeezys Ireland . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. http://www.cheapnmdsneakersireland.com/ . "Were just throwing s--- at the wall hoping something sticks," said Tortorella about the possible line combinations for Fridays game against Columbus. The Canucks have lost five straight games and six of their last seven, leaving them in a logjam in the Pacific Division, currently sitting fifth - good for ninth in the Western Conference. Cheap Adidas Nmd Mens Ireland .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. Adidas Nmd Wholesale China . Jeff Green scored 13 points and Kris Humphries 12 for the Celtics, who nearly blew an 18-point, second-half lead. Sullingers 20-20 was the first by a Celtics player since Kevin Garnetts first game in Boston in 2007. Garnett was dealt -- along with Paul Pierce -- to Brooklyn during the off-season. PHILADELPHIA -- DeSean Jackson and LeSean McCoy are still thinking about their time in Philadelphia while theyre winning games for different teams.Jackson is in his third season with the Redskins and the Eagles still havent found a deep threat to replace the three-time Pro Bowl receiver . Chip Kelly released Jackson in March 2014 after he had his most productive season. Kelly traded McCoy to Buffalo in March 2015 after he set a franchise record for rushing yards.Jackson and McCoy remain close friends and communicate daily, according to the dynamic wideout.He sent me a message this morning saying, `Man, we were awesome together, Jackson said in a conference call on Wednesday. Im like: `Yeah man, I miss playing with you, but you know, gotta live on, move on. We miss those days. Its unfortunate that things broke up the way they did, but I think everybody is still happy and doing what they need to do.Jackson and the Redskins (3-2) host the Eagles (3-1) on Sunday in an important NFC East matchup. Now that Kelly is gone, Jackson isnt quite as bitter.I never really had hard feelings toward Philadelphia, besides being released by whoever released me, Jackson said, refusing to say Kellys name. Thats different, but I guess hes not there anymore.Kelly won 10 games each of his first two seasons, but was fired after going 6-9 last year.ddddddddddddDoug Pederson replaced him and has quickly turned the Eagles into a winner again. Pederson was an assistant coach under Andy Reid when Jackson played in Philadelphia.I definitely have respect for Doug, a good relationship with him as well, so it will be good to see him when we play Sunday, Jackson said.Perhaps Jackson will talk to Pederson about a reunion. Hell be a free agent after this season and theres mutual admiration between the two men.Hes still fast (and) he can run, Pederson said. Thats the thing you see on film. And just throw on his highlight reel and youre going to see the exact same receiver that we had here.Jackson, who turns 30 in six weeks, didnt rule out returning to the team that drafted him.You never know how things will turn out, he said. Hopefully it will still be here in Washington and not have to really worry about that, but you never know how this industry, how this business turns out, so you keep your options open, playing it smart, doing what you need to do to keep a job in the NFL.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP-RobMaaddi ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen