Where we wouldve lost the game,

in Allgemein 22.10.2019 15:06
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

The week leading up to the Hobart Test has been dominated by talk of contrasting success with reverse swing. Australia, through Josh Hazlewood, have made clear their envy of South Africas ability to get the ball moving. South Africa, through Dean Elgar. have admitted their attack enjoys the reverse-swinging ball but distanced themselves from having any special ability to get the ball to scuff up.Now Faf du Plessis has rendered the debate irrelevant, with his verdict that he does not think reverse-swing will come into play in Hobart.Perth was really dry, the wicket was hard. That second new ball we took on the last day, it was three overs in and there were big chunks out of the ball, du Plessis said. Here will be different. Its lush, its green, its soft, its wet. It will seam and swing, it wont reverse that much.Rain is forecast for the first three days of the match but on the off chance things dry up, du Plessis said he believed Australia were just as capable of working on the ball. He knows as much from personal experience, having faced a reverse-swinging ball as early as the 25th over in Perth.To say it was only for us is definitely not true, du Plessis said. I faced a brilliant spell from Starc, bowling around the wicket, reversing the ball a hell of a lot. It was extremely difficult. I think it was exactly split down the middle 50-50 in terms of reverse.We were watching the first innings and they got the ball to reverse in the 25th over. I was quite impressed. I was trying to see how they were doing that because it meant they were getting something right. They were getting it to go early.The difference, according to du Plessis, was in how the two batting line-ups fared. We had batters that were in and batted for long periods of time, he said. When youve got big partnerships, it just looks easier. I remember in the second innings I came in and the first ball nipped and swung and I was like, What is going on here? These guys have got a partnership of about 300, it should be a lot easier than this.If you get a wicket, reverse-swing will always be more difficult for guys coming in. Thats a fact. They just lost more wickets, thats why it was a little bit harder for them.But now that the series has moved on, du Plessis does not want to dwell too much on reverse-swing and focus instead on seam movement and conventional swing, which will come into play at the Bellerive Oval. I think, to be really honest, its been blown out of proportion a little bit, he said. Air Max Pas Cher En Ligne . -- Nathan Pancel scored twice as the Sudbury Wolves defeated the North Bay Battalion 4-2 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Nike Tn Requin Pas Cher .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your book. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. http://www.airmaxpaschersite.fr/basket-air-max-270-outlet.html . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. Destockage Nike Air Max .ca. Kerry, Just watched the shootout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count? All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. Air Max 270 Femme Moins Cher . Colin Wilson had two goals and an assist, and Mike Fisher scored a goal and helped set up two others in the Predators 6-4 victory over the Red Wings on Monday night. TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Unlike last seasons 32-point victory for Dayton, this one went down to the wire.Ryan Mikesell made his second 3-pointer of the game with 76 seconds left and Dayton beat Alabama 77-72 on Tuesday.That was a big shot, a really big shot for him, Dayton coach Archie Miller said. Hes a tough-minded kid, hes got guts and I knew when he shot it he would have a chance to make it just because of who he is as a competitor.Alabama coach Avery Johnson called his last timeout to set up a tying 3-point play with 19.5 seconds remaining, but Corban Collins open attempt from the corner was off the mark.Coach Johnson did a really good job of drawing up a play to get us open, Collins said. I just had to take my time and I rushed it a little bit. But like coach said, its something we can look at in film and fix, and next time we see that situation we know how to handle it better.Scoochie Smith made three of Daytons nine 3-pointers and scored 20 points. Charles Cooke had 19 points and 10 rebounds for Dayton (2-0), which connected on 24 of 44 shots from the floor while Alabama made only 23 of 59 (39 percent). Mikesell and Josh Cunningham each scored 12 points.Really, really hard fought game, especially early in the season to come out on the road and find a way to get a win was big for our group, Miller said.Collins and Braxton Key scored 15 points apiece for the Crimson Tide (1-1), which outrebounded the Flyers 40-28, includding 18-5 on the offense end.ddddddddddddDazon Ingram had 14 points and seven assists.Where we wouldve lost the game, obviously would have been on the glass, Miller said. Obviously we could not rebound the ball like a college basketball team today so thats something were going to take into account.BIG PICTUREDayton: The Flyers found themselves one spot outside the Top 25 this week, but with a win over the Crimson Tide, Dayton could be poised to move up next week.Alabama: The Crimson Tide lost to Dayton for the second consecutive year and must now wait for another chance to prove itself on a national stage.INJURY REPORTDaytons Josh Cunningham was fouled on a one-handed dunk to give his team a four-point lead in the final three seconds. He suffered an injury which knocked him out of the game and Miller said afterward that Cunningham could miss time due to knee and ankle injuries.FRESHMAN STANDOUTKey scored 10 of his 15 points in the second half for Alabama and he had a team-high six rebounds.NEXT UPDayton: The Flyers will return home, where they are 15-3 since the start of last season, and will face Saint Marys on Saturday.Alabama: After having its 16-game home winning streak against non-conference competition snapped, Alabama will attempt to start a new streak on Friday when it hosts Ball State. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen