We almost wrecked down the backstretch

in Allgemein 23.10.2019 15:34
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- West Virginias Skyler Howard jumped just before safety Mike Lee plowed into him near the Kansas end zone, sending the quarterback into an awkward somersault and a hard landing on his right hip.Howard got up from the second-quarter scare at the end of the 15-yard run and went back to the huddle. His gutsy play epitomized his determination to restore confidence in an offense that looked flat a week ago in the Mountaineers first loss of the season.He plays his best when hes like that, West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen said. I thought he sparked us.Howard threw three touchdown passes and ran for two more scores to lead No. 14 West Virginia to a 48-21 victory over Kansas on Saturday night, sending the Jayhawks to their 40th straight road loss.Howard was nonchalant about the big hit, saying he was fortunate he didnt end up in worse shape.When I was in the air, it felt like forever, he said.West Virginias Shelton Gibson, who had 102 receiving yards, including TD grabs of 19 and 32 yards, was a bit more serious about it, knowing how much his quarterback means to the team.I grabbed his facemask and said, `I dont want to ever, ever see you do that again, Gibson said.West Virginia (7-1, 4-1 Big 12, No. 20 CFP) bounced back from a 37-20 loss at Oklahoma State by piling up 605 yards of offense against the Jayhawks (1-8, 0-6).Howard completed 16 of 27 passes for 260 yards and helped get the Mountaineers momentum back as they head into a tough four-week stretch that includes home games against No. 12 Oklahoma on Nov. 19 and No. 13 Baylor on Dec. 3.It wasnt pretty, but well take it and move on to the next one, Holgorsen said.Kansas lost its 18th straight conference game and hasnt won on the road since beating UTEP in September 2009.Those are some resilient dudes in there, Kansas coach David Beaty said. They hate losing with a passion. Im proud of them for continuing to fight, I promise you that.THE TAKEAWAYKansas: The Jayhawks didnt get off to the fast start that Beaty had hoped for. Kansas trailed 31-0 at halftime. The Jayhawks will have one more chance this season to break the road futility streak on Nov. 26 at Kansas State, which hasnt lost to Kansas at home since 2007.West Virginia: The Mountaineers kept pace with first-place Oklahoma by doing what they was expected to do against heavy-underdog Kansas -- score early and often and play respectable defense. Rasul Douglas made two interceptions, but a late surge by Kansas halted the Mountaineers streak of four straight games of limiting opponents under 400 total yards.SOLID RUNNERSWest Virginias Justin Crawford ran for 129 yards and a score, and freshman Kennedy McKoy had 127 yards. The pair shared the rushing load in place of Rushel Shell, who missed the game with an ankle injury sustained a week ago.Holgorsen said it took him a few series to decide whether to thrown downfield all game or pound the ball on the ground. West Virginia amassed 341 rushing yards a year after running for 426 yards against the Jayhawks.POLL IMPLICATIONSDoubling up on Kansas might move the Mountaineers up a few spots in the AP poll , only because other teams ahead of them lost, including Baylor.STANLEY SHARPKansas quarterback Carter Stanley was effective in relief of Montell Cozart, completing 9 of 11 passes for 127 yards and two touchdowns. Beaty said Cozart left the game in the third quarter with concussion symptoms.UP NEXTKansas heads home to play Iowa State next Saturday. The teams are tied for last place in the Big 12.West Virginia heads to Texas, which is coming off a 47-37 win at Texas Tech.---More AP college football at www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Sam Huff Youth Jersey . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. Dexter Manley Womens Jersey . -- If this was Aaron Gordons final home game at Arizona, and it almost certainly was, then he went out in style. https://www.redskinssportsgoods.com/Womens-Charles-Mann-Inverted-Jersey/ .C. -- Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said after all of these years in the NBA hes still amazed at some of the things LeBron James does. Charley Taylor Jersey . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. Art Monk Redskins Jersey . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. SRINGFIELD, Ill. -- Justin Haley became the youngest winner in more than 80 years of championship racing at the Illinois State Fairgrounds, winning the ARCA Racing Series event Sunday at 17.Racing a stock car on dirt for the first time, Haley, from Winamac, Indiana, held off Illinois favorites A.J. Fike and Ryan Unzicker during a green-white-checker finish on the mile track.I tried to hold him [Unzicker] off the best I could, Haley said. I stayed strong through that first corner. I was very impressed how well he ran us, up on the outside of us. We almost wrecked down the backstretch, but we held onto it.Driving Mason Mitchell Motorsports No. 98 Chevrolet, Haley surpassed Justin Allgaier -- the 2006 champion in his hometown event at 20 -- as the youngest major winner at the track, which opened in 1934.Im a little surprised, Haley said. Never would have dreamed in a million years my first ARCA win would come on a dirt traack, but to be here in Victory Lane is super cool.dddddddddddd This dirt-track racing is definitely different. ... Its tough. I would never have expected this. Im really happy for Mason Mitchell Motorsports. ... Its so cool to get those guys a win here.A crash on the backstretch inside of 10 laps between leader Josh Williams and Unzicker forced the final caution in the race that went 102 laps.Fike was second, followed by Unzicker, 61-year-old former NASCAR driver Ken Schrader and season points leader Chase Briscoe.Considering how bad our car was at the beginning of the race, second feels like a win today, Fike said. We just couldnt get off [Turn] 4 like we needed to. ... Loose in and loose off all day. Felt like the track got a little better the last 40 laps, and the restarts helped a bunch. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen