Leonard looked like Leonar

in Allgemein 24.10.2019 13:45
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Geno Smith threw one interception, and then another. And then, two more. It wasnt a good performance by the New York Jets rookie quarterback. At all. "It was brutal," coach Rex Ryan said flatly on Wednesday. "That was Genos worst day." Smith, competing with Mark Sanchez for the starting job, was intercepted four times, including three in 11-on-11 team drills. He is still dealing with a sprained right ankle, that he has looked less hobbled by in practice the last few days. But Ryan said it is clearly affecting his performance, as well as his fundamentals and being late on some throws. "Obviously, the ankle is part of it, but way too many picks," Ryan said. "He did not look comfortable today. Obviously, he has to come back from it, and he will come back from it. But it was a bad day." "Guys have bad days, but this was a really bad day." It was also an unseasonably cold day in Cortland -- the temperature at the start of practice was a mere 52 degrees with occasional rain. "It was a beautiful December day today," Ryan quipped. "That, without question, had to be the coldest training camp day Ive ever been a part of. Thats about 30 years. "Man, that was chilly. Almost as chilly as the offensive performance today." And that included Smiths performance. The second-round pick, however, insisted the ankle has not been a factor. "I havent really been trying to use it as an excuse," he said. "Ive been going out there and giving it my all, and I think Ive done a good job of just pushing through this week." Ryan agreed that Smith hasnt been using the injury an excuse for his performances lately, but added that its "bravado" by the quarterback saying its not affecting him. "Guys, you see it out there," Ryan said. "Hes not able to move like he normally does. Hes not able to drive the ball like he normally does with his velocity. That doesnt mean he still cant get out there. Hes competing. Hes been out there every day. "But is he 100 per cent? I would say that hes not 100 per cent." The Jets have still not decided on a starter for the teams preseason game Saturday night against Jacksonville, but Sanchez has outperformed Smith this week. When asked if he wants to start Saturday, Smith curiously said: "No comment." Ryan acknowledged that its a "possibility" Smith wont play against the Jaguars, but added that theres still plenty of time for the injury to heal. Smith, meanwhile, remained positive about his camp so far -- as well as the injury. "The ankles feeling good," Smith said. "Its getting progressively better." Smith was injured in the teams preseason opener at Detroit last Friday night, but has not missed any practice time. He worked mostly with the first-team offence Wednesday, and appeared to move around the field with only a slight limp at times. With both quarterbacks facing the scout-team defences as the Jets prepare for Jacksonville, Smith was not sharp. He was intercepted by Rontez Miles on a pass that went off the hands of Ryan Spadola in 7-on-7 drills, and also picked off by Royce Adams, Jacquies Smith and Bret Lockett in 11-on-11 drills. "It was a bad day today," Ryan said. "Theres no other way to put it. It was a bad day. Was I disappointed he had the day he did today? Absolutely. These days happen, but you dont expect them to happen." When asked what happened on the interceptions, Smith got slightly testy. "I dont know," he said. "Youve got to watch the tape man, Im pretty sure you all got it. Just go ahead and watch it." Ryan indicated that he and his staff need to see more of both Smith and Sanchez before they consider who will win the competition and start in Week 1 against Tampa Bay. "Will it become more of a sense of urgency probably after this game? I would say so," Ryan said. "I thought this was going to be a real competition and it wouldnt be just solved after one week of a preseason game. I dont know that many are really decided after one preseason game. So I dont think its a surprise that theres not clarity at a number of positions." NOTES: RB-KR Joe McKnight (head injury) missed practice for a second straight day after needing to be carted off the field and needing oxygen Monday. He declined comment when approached by reporters. ... RB Chris Ivory was a full participant for the third straight practice, and appears on pace to make his Jets game debut Saturday. ... WR Clyde Gates (head injury) returned to practice after missing two days. NT Kenrick Ellis, P Robert Malone and LB Josh Mauga were all out with back issues. ... The Jets have one more practice at Cortland on Thursday, but it is closed to the public and there is no media availability. San Francisco Giants Pro Shop .1 million pounds ($61.2 million) on Saturday, giving the beleaguered English Premier League champions a major lift. Giants Jerseys 2019 . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. https://www.cheapjerseysgiants.us/ . The Redskins announced Monday that the quarterback who led the team to the Super Bowl championship in the 1987 season will serve as a personnel executive. Wholesale Giants Jerseys . A lawyer for MLB, Matthew Menchel, confirmed Wednesday the league dropped its case against Biogenesis of America, its owner Anthony Bosch and several other individuals. The lawsuit had accused Biogenesis and Bosch of conspiring with players to violate their contracts by providing them with banned performance-enhancing substances. Cheap Giants Jerseys . Brad Jacobs and his Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., team took control of the game early. BATON ROUGE, La. -- Nine days after injuring his ankle in a preseason scrimmage, Leonard Fournette returned to LSU practice on Thursday.The Heisman Trophy contender, who led all FBS running backs with an average of 162.8 rushing yards per game last season, practiced in pads in a limited capacity as the Tigers approach their Sept. 3 opener against Wisconsin.It was like he wasnt gone, LSU offensive lineman Josh Boutte said after Thursdays practice. If anything, hes probably faster because he had a little break off his feet.LSU coach Les Miles did not speak to reporters after practice and Fournette has not spoken with local media at all in August. However, the guys who block for him had plenty to say about the running backs return.Leonard looked like Leonard: fast, quick. He looked fine to me, center Ethan Pocic said. Obviously Im not Leonard, but his burst -- when he sticks that foot in the ground and gets vertical -- looked the same to me.Thhe All-SEC juniors ankle injury suffered in last Tuesdays scrimmage had been a point of concern among LSU fans for more than a week.dddddddddddd Miles said after a scrimmage earlier this week that Fournette had resumed running and predicted that he would be back on Thursday -- and indeed he was.While Derrius Guice, Darrel Williams and Nick Brossette had served as capable fill-ins while Fournette was away, his presence is required as the Tigers make their final preparations for next Saturdays opener at the Green Bay Packers Lambeau Field.We were pretty good even though he was out, but having him back is great, Boutte said. Were just kind of starting to push forward to game week and focusing on the plays were going to be running. Were just kind of getting a feel for it and getting real comfortable with the plays. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen