d be a controversial medalist. That issue faded in

in Allgemein 16.04.2018 12:54
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

LJUBLJANA, Slovenia -- England captain Wayne Rooney has been dropped from the starting lineup for Tuesdays World Cup qualifier against Slovenia.The 30-year-old Rooney was deployed in midfield in Saturdays win against Malta, when he was booed by sections of the Wembley Stadium crowd.Englands all-time top scorer and most-capped outfield player will be among the substitutes for Tuesdays Group F qualifier in Ljubljana.Weve looked at Slovenia and the way they play and from when I looked at it Ive had in my mind the profile of the midfield that we wanted to play, England interim manager Gareth Southgate said Monday. In no way is it a reflection on his performance on Saturday. In fact we were very pleased with what he did.Speaking alongside Southgate, Rooney said he respected his managers decision.Ill be ready to come off the bench if needed, the Manchester United captain said. I show great pride in playing for my country, whether thats from the start or from the bench.Of course you want to be on the pitch, but my role as captain wont change off the pitch.Jordan Henderson will captain England in Rooneys absence on Tuesday. Eric Dier will take Rooneys place in the starting lineup.I dont know what (Rooneys) long-term plans are but hes almost like a coach for us in the dressing room already, thats a huge compliment to his football intelligence, Southgate said. Jason Hammel Jersey . Then the Pacers gave Oladipo and his Orlando teammates the cold shoulder. Paul Georges buzzer-beating 3-pointer at the end of the third quarter spurred a 21-4 run, finally sending Indiana past the Magic 97-87 in a tougher-than-expected opening night matchup. Ian Kennedy Jersey . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. http://www.royalsjerseyscheap.com/?tag=george-brett-jersey .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. Salvador Perez Jersey .5 seconds to play in the game, Kevin Love never stopped believing that they would come out of there with a win. Alex Gordon Jersey .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. RIO DE JANEIRO -- For Russias swimmers, the Olympics is all about what might have been.Their haul of two silver and two bronze medals so far continues a 20-year wait for gold in the pool, even though they have matched their best in that time.The top Russians are now wondering what they could have achieved if their preparations hadnt been disrupted by the threat of doping bans.Of course youd like it to be better, Yulia Efimova said of Russias showing after winning the second of her silver medals Thursday.Efimova came close to missing the Rio de Janeiro Olympics altogether because of a 16-month ban she served after testing positive for a banned steroid in 2013 -- which she insists was all a mistake caused by failing to read the label on an over-the-counter supplement.The International Olympic Committee rule barring Russians with a previous doping ban from Rio was overturned last week, allowing Efimova to race, but she said the doping controversy had wreaked havoc on her preparations, and maybe deprived her of a gold medal.Im not in the form I would be in and could have been in, but I did everything I could, she said through tears after being booed by many in the crowd and losing out to Lilly King of the United States in Tuesdays 100-meter breaststroke. I really cant remember the last time I slept normally, even just more than four hours.Efimova was all smiles Thursday after another silver in the 200 breaststroke, but there was still a sense of opportunity missed.Looking back at what happened to me over that time, its a big step, the Russian said.dddddddddddd I cant say Im an iron person, its really not like that ... Ive got tears welling up all the time, and Im always trying to control myself, but Ive understood that I can do a lot.If Russias two silvers have come with a dose of controversy thanks to Efimovas past, its bronzes are signs of hope for the future, won by 19-year-old swimmers Evgeny Rylov and Anton Chupkov.Bronze in the 200 backstroke brought mixed emotions for Rylov, who said he could have won gold but for one poor turn, adding that the Russian team had never quite settled down in Rio.I dont think the results are that good, to be honest, he said. I noticed a lot of us found it hard to swim in the evenings, some of us werent quite awake.Freestyle swimmer Vladimir Morozov, who competed despite having been implicated in a World Anti-Doping Agency report into a massive cover-up of drug-test failures, was expected to make the podium and be a controversial medalist. That issue faded into the background as he failed to finish in top three in any of his events, lastly missing the final of the 50 free of Friday.Since a four-gold haul in Atlanta in 1996, Russia has gone without another Olympic title in the pool -- although Larisa Ilchenko was a champion in the open-water swim in 2008 -- and that run now seems set to continue beyond Rio, barring a big surprise in the final two days of competition. China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen