los Zambrano had five strikeouts in

in Allgemein 25.10.2019 13:51
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Glynn Watson Jr.s head was hurting Sunday. But that didnt stop him from scoring a career-high 23 points to lead Nebraska past Sacramento State 83-61.Glynn actually tonight had a bad headache, said Nebraska coach Tim Miles. I dont know if it was a migraine or not. But we had to take him out two or three times and get him hydrated and make sure he got medicine. If he can do that in that condition ... hes really good. Glynn is a guy thats a game changer.Watson didnt mention the headache after the game. Rather, he attributed his scoring to aggressive play.I just tried to play aggressive and execute our game plan, Watson said. That was basically what I tried to do, was play aggressive and try to get my teammates open. I had open shots so I took them, that was basically it.Watson kept Nebraska (1-0) in the game in the first half, tying his career-high with 17 points on 7 of 10 shots. The rest of the Huskers were just 9 of 29 in the half, earning them a halftime butt chewing from Miles.Nebraska opened the second period with a 9-2 run, going up 45-35 on Tai Websters driving layup with 17:22 left. That opening spurt was the game changer, said Sacramento State coach Brian Katz.We had a pretty good first half and the separation happened in the first five points of the second half, Katz said. They got five points in transition and went from 36-33 to 41-33, and I thought that was the difference in the game. The Huskers hit 10 of 12 shots in the first eight minutes of the second half, taking a 58-44 lead on Websters jumper with 12:23 remaining.I thought the second half was really good, Miles said. But they were pretty good early too. Unfortunately, we missed 12 shots within what, four feet in the first half. I was happy with the team. They came out and did what they had to do to win.Nebraska never trailed, but saw Sacramento State (0-2) tie the game at 31 on Jeff Wus basket with 2:01 left in the first half. Watson responded with a 3-point play to put the Huskers in the lead for good.THE BIG PICTURENebraska: Five of the 10 Huskers who took the floor Sunday were seeing their first action as Huskers. All five came off the bench. They scored just five points combined.Sacramento State: The Hornets hit 48 percent of their shots in the first half to stay close to the Huskers. But Sacramento State struggled from the field in the final 20 minutes, hitting just 9 of 26 attempts and only 2 of 12 from 3-point range.QUOTABLEMiles on Nebraskas first half play: We were just rushing on offense, there was no poise. It was like one, two passes and force your way in there. The reason we missed 12 shots (near the basket) was because they werent very good shots. You cant get an offensive rebound, puke on yourself, then try to put it back in there. It just seemed like we were playing mindless basketball.UP NEXTNebraska hosts the University of Mary, Miless alma mater, Tuesday.Sacramento State will host Antelope Valley Thursday in its home opener. Stitched Angels Jerseys . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. Custom Los Angeles Angels Jerseys .Y. - New York City has been selected to host the NBA All-Star weekend in 2015, with the game played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. https://www.cheapangels.com/ . LOUIS -- Cardinals cleanup hitter Allen Craig says hes recovered from a foot injury and ready to be put on St. Wholesale Angels Jerseys . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said. Los Angeles Angels Store . Already owning gold from competition in Vancouver in 2010, Loch posted a combined four-run time of 3:27.526. That included a track-record third run of 51. PHILADELPHIA -- Bronson Arroyo has these Philadelphia Phillies all figured out. Arroyo pitched five-hit ball over 7 2-3 innings, Joey Votto was 4 for 4 with a homer, and the Cincinnati Reds beat the Phillies 10-0 Saturday. Arroyo (4-4) struck out six and allowed one runner to reach third in winning his third straight start against Philadelphia. He was 1-7 in his first 10 games against the Phillies, but is 3-0 with a 1.52 ERA in three starts against them since last Aug. 22. "This game is so funny," Arroyo said. "One pitch can surely change things. Ive been able to keep their power guys quiet so thats helped." Votto had a two-run shot and walked twice to reach safely six times. Ryan Hanigan hit a three-run homer. "Im trying to see the ball as long as possible and direct it where I want it," Votto said. Kyle Kendrick (4-2) gave up four runs and eight hits with a season-high four walks in six innings. Kendrick hadnt allowed more than two runs in his previous seven starts. Cincinnati won for the seventh time in its past eight games and improved to 4-1 against the Phillies this year. Arroyo entered with a 6.00 career ERA against the Phillies, including a 9.60 ERA in three starts at Citizens Bank Park. "We used to hit him good," Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said. "The last three times, hes pitched us the same. Hes pitched us backwards, slow hooks and change-ups. Hes given us fits." Todd Frazier led off the second with an infield single, snapping an 0-for-19 slump. Donald Lutz followed with a single. Then Hanigan connected for his first extra-base hit of the season, giving the Reds a 3-0 lead. Hanigan had eight singles in 54 at-bats before taking Kendrick deep to left. Hanigan was hit by a pitch leading off the sixth. He advanced on a sacrifice and scored on Zack Cozarts two-out double to right to make it 4-0. The Reds added four runs off three rrelievers in the eighth.dddddddddddd Votto hit one out in the ninth. Arroyo didnt need all that support. He baffled hitters with his assortment of slow stuff, occasionally mixing a fastball with his mid-70s off-speed pitches. "Arroyo pitched masterfully," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "It was still close before our offence exploded at the end." The Phillies have been shut out six times in 43 games, matching their total from all of last season. "They say the game builds character," Manuel said. "I dont know about building, but it definitely reveals it." For Kendrick, it was his worst outing since allowing five runs in Philadelphias home opener. Kendrick has been Philadelphias most consistent starter this season, posting a 2.82 ERA and outperforming Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee and Roy Halladay. Since returning to the rotation last August, Kendrick is 11-6 with a 3.02 ERA in 21 starts. "My command wasnt good and I fell behind a lot," Kendrick said. "It was a tough day all around." NOTES: Carlos Zambrano had five strikeouts in two innings in his first appearance in an extended spring training game since the three-time All-Star signed a minor league deal with the Phillies. ... Injured Phillies LHP John Lannan threw a bullpen session and is expected to throw again Monday. ... Reds RF Jay Bruce extended his hitting streak to nine games. ... The Reds optioned LHP Tony Cingrani to Triple-A Louisville and recalled INF Neftali Soto. ... Phillies CF John Mayberry Jr. struck out swinging four times. ... Reds third base coach Chris Speier got cheers for planting a kiss on the Phillie Phanatic while the furry green mascot was pretending to be Alicia Keys singing "Girl on Fire" before the sixth inning. ... Homer Bailey (2-3, 3.51 ERA) opposes Philadelphias Jonathan Pettibone (3-0, 3.41 ERA) in the series finale Sunday afternoon. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen