The club is aware of pictures circulating in the national

in Allgemein 27.10.2019 15:42
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Henrik Lundqvist stopped two personal losing streaks and helped the New York Rangers start the new season with a big win against their crosstown rivals.Lundqvist stopped 25 shots, Chris Kreider scored the tiebreaking goal midway through the third period and the Rangers scored three times over a 7:52 stretch to beat the Islanders 5-3 Thursday night.I was impressed with how the guys played with a lot of jump and great energy, Lundqvist said. It was great to see the way we started off this season. I thought we played really well, a fast game. We had a stretch in the third where obviously we just have to manage the puck a little better.Lundqvist beat Islanders goalie Jaroslav Halak for the first time since Jan. 17, 2010, ending Halaks eight-game winning streak in the matchups -- including the last five since joining the Islanders before the 2014-15 season. Lundqvist had also lost six straight overall (0-5-1) against the Islanders.Michael Grabner, Mats Zuccarello, Brandon Pirri and J.T. Miller also scored for the Rangers, who were opening a season at home for the first time since 2007.I think just for the team it was a really good effort, Kreider said. A couple things we struggled with last year that we focused on right from the start, which I think is a great sign. You see us playing fast again. There are 81 games to play, but you want to play well in game one, game two, three, etc.Nick Leddy and Cal Clutterbuck scored 3:17 apart early in the third period to tie it for the Islanders. Brock Nelson also had a goal and Halak finished with 34 saves.Islanders captain John Tavares briefly left the game after getting whacked on his left hand in the opening minute of the third.On the go-ahead goal, Kreider took a pass from rookie Pavel Buchnevich, skated in on Halak, crossed over to the right side and backhanded the puck past Halak at 9:45 of the third period.We are playing a good team and theyve got some good speed, Islanders coach Jack Capuano said. Kreider got behind one of our guys on the game-winning goal. Its as simple as that. Its a game of inches.Pirri made it 4-2 with 3:49 left on a power-play goal from the right faceoff dot. Miller added an empty-netter to make it 5-2 with 2:23 remaining before Nelson closed the scoring just more than a minute later.Rangers coach Alain Vigneault liked the way his team bounced back after giving up the lead.They make it 2-2, we made a couple of mistakes on rush coverage, but I liked the way we responded and came right back and made it 3-2, Vigneault said. Power play went out in a pressure moment and gave us a two-goal lead and that was a big part of getting two points in this game.Trailing 2-0, Leddy got the Islanders on the scoreboard 47 seconds into the third period as he took a pass from Casey Cizikas and fired it in off the left post.Clutterbuck tied it at 4:04 when he deflected a shot by Nikolay Kulemin from the left faceoff circle past Lundqvist.Grabner, who played for the Islanders from 2010-15, started the scoring with 6:19 left in the first period. Pirri got the puck from Jesper Fast and his shot from the inner edge of the left circle was stopped by Halak, but the puck deflected to Grabner on the right side and he put it in.Zuccarello made it 2-0 when his backhander toward the front of the goal deflected off Islanders forward Ryan Stromes skate and through Halaks five-hole with 2:19 left in the second period.Halak denied J.T. Miller on a breakaway during a Rangers power play about 5 1/2 minutes into the second period, moving up out of the crease to challenge the play.The Islanders started slow and had just two shots on goal through the first 9:45, but then had three in a 26-second stretch. Ladd had a tip attempt and follow, and Shane Prince a wrister.Game notes The Rangers celebrated the start of their 90th season in a pregame ceremony. Former players in attendance included Eddie Giacomin, Rod Gilbert, Ron Duguay, Dave Maloney, Ron Greschner, John Vanbiesbrouck, Mike Richter, Brian Leetch, Mark Messier and 1994 Stanley Cup champion head coach Mike Keenan. ... Lundqvist became the second goalie in franchise history to start 11 consecutive season openers, joining Giacomin (11 from 1965-66 to `75-76). ... The Islanders won all four matchups last season, marking the first time they have swept a season series. The teams meet again Dec. 6 and Feb. 16 in Brooklyn, and March 22 back at MSG.UP NEXTIslanders: visit reigning Presidents Trophy-winning Washington on Saturday night.Rangers: visit St. Louis on Saturday night. Adidas NMD R2 Dames . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. Adidas NMD Kopen . "We have always prided ourselves on the way we play defence. Having two big pieces back is going to be a key for us moving forward for years to come," said Knighthawks head coach Mike Hasen. http://www.nmdbelgie.com/kopen-adidas-zx-7000-sale.html . Aduriz headed home Markel Susaetas cross in the sixth minute to open the scoring at San Mames Stadium. He bettered that with a long-range blast that went in off the goal frame in the 18th, and converted a penalty in the 72nd after Diego Mainz was sent off for fouling Aduriz with only the goalkeeper to beat. Adidas NMD Dames Sale . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . Adidas NMD R2 Heren . Houston won 3-0 to advance to face New York in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Last in the game, Di Vaio and Romero got into a shoving match with several Houston players. Romero appeared to elbow and kick Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie.MK Dons midfielder Samir Carruthers has apologised on Sky Sports News HQ for his behaviour at the Cheltenham Festival on Tuesday. Cheltenham had earlier cancelled Wednesdays booking by a group of footballers after pictures were published which appeared to show one of the players urinating into a beer glass on the opening day.The 22-year-old Carruthers was photographed alongside Northampton striker James Collins - on loan from Shrewsbury - and Bristol City defender Luke Ayling.All four clubs are investigating their players conduct.Carruthers told SSNHQ: I just want to say Im sorry to everyone, my family, the club, chairman, the gaffer.Ive not been raised up to do something like that and Ive let everyone down. Ive let the community down and Ive let Milton Keynes down and I have to take the criticism that comes with it. The conduct of James Collins (holding glass), Luke Ayling (facing) and Carruthers (wearing hat) is being investigated (picture courtesy of the Daily Mail) Its not something that should be laughed about. Its not an example I should be giving to kids either. Im meant to be a role model and I have to live by my actions now and I really am hurt by what Ive done.It was a silly mistake and I just have to take everything that comes with it.Other images appear to show a glass of liquid being poured over the railing by Collins as Carruthers, wearing a grey flat cap and waistcoat, grins.Carruthers said he had been disciplined by the club following a meeting with chairman Pete Winkelman and manager Karl Robinson.Theyre obviously very let down and Im being disciplined for it, Carruthers added. They had faith in me not to do something like that so I feel like Ive met them down massively.But its not just them, Ive let down the whole team, my team-mates, everyone. And Im really sorry to Cheltenham as well because they let me in and stuff and I obviously embarrassed everyone. MK Dons have launched an investigation and said that while Carruthers was involved, neither he nor any other MK Dons player threw liquid from the glass over the balcony.dddddddddddd.With Cheltenham cancelling the visit of a group of footballers, Sophia Dale, the Festivals head of communications, added on Sky Sports News HQ: It was just this small group of people who made this incident happen and they are not welcome today.Carruthers - a former Arsenal and Aston Villa youngster - signed for Championship side MK Dons in 2014 and has made 100 appearances for the club.A statement from MK Dons read: The club is aware of pictures circulating in the national media of one of its players at the Cheltenham Festival. The club has commenced an internal investigation into the matter.Collins has been fined two weeks wages and warned about his future club by parent club Shrewsbury.I cannot apologise enough for my actions and the pictures from my visit to Cheltenham Races yesterday, said the striker in a statement released by the Shrews.I have completely let myself, my family, the fans, and the two clubs that I represent down and I am sorry to everyone involved.My actions are not excusable and whilst the pictures are rather misleading in that there were not people below this balcony and it was only a grassed area there is still no defence to what happened.While there is no suggestion of any wrongdoing from Ayling, Bristol City said in a statement: We are aware of the disappointing images from the Cheltenham Festival that have been printed in various national newspapers this morning.We will be speaking to the players concerned and will take appropriate action where necessary. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen