He was a two-time All-Big Ten selection

in Allgemein 28.10.2019 14:22
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

World No 1 Novak Djokovic insists the calendar Grand Slam is achievable after he captured his first French Open at the 12th time of asking on Sunday. His 3-6 6-1 6-2 6-4 success over Andy Murray allowed him to claim his 12th major title and join Don Budge, in 1938, and Rod Laver, in 1962 and 1969, as the only players to simultaneously possess the French Open, Australian Open, US Open and Wimbledon trophies.He will now attempt to become only the third man to sweep a calendar Grand Slam and the first since Laver in 1969, with victory at the All England Club his next achievable target before the final major of the year at Flushing Meadows in New York. Novak is truly astonishing Novak Djokovic is in unstoppable form after French Open win over Andy Murray Well, I dont want to sound arrogant, but I really think everything is achievable in life, said the Serb.You know, winning this trophy today gave me so much happiness and fulfilment. Im trying to grasp and Im trying to cherish, obviously, these moments right now. Whether or not I can reach a calendar slam, thats still a possibility. Djokovic celebrates with the ball boys and girls following his first Roland Garros title The last player to even have the chance of a calendar Grand Slam at this stage of the season was Americas Jim Courier, who won the Australian Open and French Open back-to-back in 1992.But he failed while even the likes of Djokovics biggest contemporary rivals, Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal have never yet even held all four majors at the same time, even though they have completed career Grand Slams. Djokovics 12 majors - six in Australia, three at Wimbledon, two at the US Open and now one in Paris - have taken him to within five of Federers record of 17, while he is just two off the 14 held by Nadal and Pete Sampras.Its incredibly flattering to know that Rod Laver is the last one that managed to do it (the calendar Slam). Its one of the ultimate challenges that you have as a tennis player, added Djokovic, who endured a nervous conclusion to Sundays final. Djokovic relaxes with the La Coupe des Mousquetaires in the locker room Djokovic won the first of his majors at the Australian Open in 2008 but had to wait another three years before claiming his second.In that time, Federer and Nadal carved up 10 of the 11 Slams between them. At the beginning, I was not glad to be part of their era. Later on, I realised that in life, everything happens for a reason, he said. Djokovic wins French Open Novak Djokovic beats Andy Murray to win French Open for first time Youre put in this position with a purpose, a purpose to learn and to grow and to evolve. Fortunately for me I realised that I need to get stronger and that I need to accept the fact that Im competing with these two tremendous champions. Gustavo Kuerten feels Djokovic is still improving as a player Meanwhile, Roland Garros favourite Gustavo Kuerten claims that what Djokovic has been achieving on the court was scary and believes he is still improving.Hes getting even close to Roger (Federer), said Kuerten. In a year or two, were gonna see him with a real chance of getting the number of slams (that Federer has) and he is able to get better every single year. Can Novak Djokovic complete a calendar Grand Slam? Tweet us your thoughts @SkySportsTennis or let us know your views by filling out the comment box below by signing in with Facebook.Check our news, views and expert analysis from Halle and Queens Club in the build-up to Wimbledon this summer on skysports.com/tennis, our app for mobile devices and iPad and our Twitter account @skysportstennis.By purchasing a Sky Sports Day Pass for £6.99 or Sky Sports Week Pass for £10.99, you can enjoy access to all seven Sky Sports channels and watch on a TV with a NOW TV Box or on a range of devices. Also See: French Open joy for Djokovic Murray vows to bounce back Novak is truly astonishing Murray v Djokovic: The Rivalry Miami Marlins Gear .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Miami Marlins Pro Shop . -- Its been a long road back for Sean Bergenheim. https://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.us/ . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. Fake Marlins Jerseys . The third-ranked Ivanovic, who won the event in 2008 and 10, served five aces and broke Wickmayer, also a former winner in 2009, five times. "The result looked easier than it really was," Ivanovic said. Miami Marlins Shirts . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. DES MOINES, Iowa -- Former Iowa All-American quarterback Randy Duncan has died after a lengthy fight with cancer. He was 79.Greg Brown, who along with Duncan started the Duncan, Green, Brown and Langeness law firm in 1992, confirmed to The Associated Press that Duncan died Tuesday night in Des Moines.Duncan was perhaps the best quarterback the Hawkeyes have ever had. He was a two-time All-Big Ten selection, winning the Walter Camp Trophy as the nations player of the year in 1958. Duncan capped his career by helping the Hawkeyes beat Washington 38-12 in the 1959 Rose Bowl. He was later named to the College Football Hall of Fame.Duncan, who was 15-2-2 in two years as a starter, is also one of just nine former Iowa players inducted into the Kinnick Stadium Ring of Honor.The word `legend is so often overused iin sports.dddddddddddd But in the case of Randy Duncan it fits perfectly, Hawkeyes coach Kirk Ferentz said. He was one of the true Hawkeye legends, who served as an outstanding representative of Iowa football and the University of Iowa.Duncan was the first pick in the 1959 NFL draft. He spurned the Green Bay Packers for the CFL, retiring in 1961 to pursue a law degree.Duncan practiced law in Des Moines throughout his career.Randy was a Hawkeye icon because of his athletic accomplishments. But more importantly, a great husband, family man, and community leader who fought a great battle over the last few years. Im honored to have known him, Iowa athletic director Gary Barta said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen