No.1 Serena Williams.Gavrilova said

in Allgemein 08.11.2019 14:40
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

LUBBOCK, Texas -- After facing the first real test of Chris Beards coaching tenure at Texas Tech, the Red Raiders quickly separated from Eastern Kentucky late in a 90-71 win Saturday behind 20 points and seven rebounds from Shadell Millinghaus.Justin Gray added 17 points and six rebounds for Texas Tech. Aaron Ross finished with 16 points, including making all 10 of his free throws.As a competitor, of course I dont want to see us get out to that kind of a start, Beard said. But, I look forward to adversity.The Red Raiders have started 3-0 for the first time since 2012-13 and have won 22 consecutive home nonconference games.Asante Gist led Eastern Kentucky with 21 points and three assists. Jayle Babb-Harrison had 14 points and Nick Mayo and Zach Charles scored 13 points apiece.Early in the first half, the Colonels (1-3) maintained leads of 19-9 and 27-12 before being held scoreless for a 4:56 stretch.I was proud of the way we got out of the gates quickly, especially after a long day of travel, Eastern Kentucky coach Dan McHale said. We let (Texas Tech) start carving us up defensively. And they got easy looks. And then the floodgates opened a little bit. We were still in control for most of the first half.During that cold spell, Texas Tech (3-0) tied the game and finished the first half with a 46-41 lead.With the game tied 57-57 early in the second half, Texas Tech took a 10-point lead when Eastern Kentucky had a scoring drought that lasted roughly five minutes.Eastern Kentucky, which made 12 3-pointers, shot 36.8 percent from the floor.After 24 points off turnovers in its last game against North Texas, the Red Raiders scored 19 points off turnovers.Relentless pursuit, Gray said. Not quitting. Not giving up. And just playing extra hard on the defensive end. Trying to push as much as we can in transition once we get that stop. And just making smart choices on offense.BIG PICTUREEastern Kentucky: Two of Eastern Kentuckys standout underclassmen have continued to perform well. Gist, a freshman, started 4 for 5 from 3-point range. Mayo, the Ohio Valley Conference Freshman of the Year last season, had nine second-half points.I think (Mayo) is as good as advertised, Beard said. I know what a pro looks like when I see it. Hell be a guy that plays after college. To me, hes a guy that can start on most BCS teams.Texas Tech: The Red Raiders have been without standout forward Norense Odiase for the third straight game. In a press conference this week, Beard said the timetable for Odiases return is potentially four to five weeks. Graduate transfer Anthony Livingston (11 points, six rebounds) has started and provided quality frontcourt minutes.UP NEXTEastern Kentucky: Visits Idaho State Tuesday afternoon. In November, Eastern Kentucky faces teams from six states -- North Carolina, Alabama, Texas, Idaho, Kentucky and Indiana.Texas Tech: Traveling to Mexico for the Cancun Challenge tournament, which starts Tuesday. It will face Auburn and Purdue or Utah State. Cheap Vapormax 95 China . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. Cheap Vapormax 95 . Louis Blues absence from top spot in the TSN. http://www.clearancevapormax.com/cheap-vapormax-2019-clearance.html . -- Charlie Graham stopped 67 shots as the Belleville Bulls edged the visiting Guelph Storm 6-5 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Fake Vapormax 95 . -- Jimmie Johnson held off a teammate, passed a pair of Hall of Famers, and dominated once more at Dover. Fake Vapormax 97 . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. Samantha Stosur kept the Australian flag flying in the Olympic womens singles tennis competition with a gutsy opening round victory in Rio.While Stosur gave Australian fans something to cheer, Daria Gavrilova and mens hope Sam Groth made first round exits.Stosur got her Olympic campaign against big-hitting Latvian teenager Jelena Ostapenko off to shaky start, losing the first set in just 26 minutes, but she fought back to take the match 1-6 6-3 6-2.Her match finished under lights at the same time as Groths, who did it tough against Belgian eighth seed David Goffin 6-4 6-2.Stosur, the eighth seed, said she didnt feel she was playing too badly in the opening set but world No. 41 Ostapenko was on fire.She really wasnt missing a beat ... there wasnt a lot to do when she was playing as well as she was, Stosur said.I was able to get an early break in that second and by the end, I was dictating play compared to the first set, so it was really good for me to turn things around.Stosur will next play Japans world No.35 Misaki Doi, who overcame Yaroslava Shvedova in straight sets.Earlier in the day on centre court, Gavrilova was ousted by world No.1 Serena Williams.Gavrilova said her late night playing doubles with Stosur before her singles match took its toll.The pair had a three-set loss to Swiss combination Martiina Hingis and Timea Bacsinszky.ddddddddddddGavrilova started well in the swirling wind on centre court against the Olympic champion but the second set was more one-sided with the American closing out the match 6-4 6-2.World No.46 Gavrilova said she ran out of steam in the second set.I got really tired in the second set at 2-1 (against Williams), Gavrilova said.I didnt have enough rest as I played pretty late and I think it affected me.You cant be flat playing against Serena because you have to run all the time.The conditions were tough on centre court with the wind, which delayed the start of play on most of the outer courts, affecting the power Gavrilova could generate from one end.Williams broke the 22-year-old to lead 4-2 but Gavrilova showed her fight, breaking the four-time Olympic medallist to love when she was serving for the first set.But Williams broke right back in the next game to wrap up that set.Playing in her fourth Olympic games, Williams said it was a tough first round encounter.The first set was really tight and the conditions didnt make it easy, Williams said.We played some wonderful points in the first set.She has a lot of big wins and she plays really well. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen