now he was mad also. He thought I ran into

in Allgemein 17.04.2018 04:21
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

DENVER -- John Elway will trade in the gridiron for the greens when the 39th U.S. Senior Open comes to Colorado Springs in 2018. The Denver Broncos boss was named honorary chairman of the tournament at the Broadmoor Golf Club on Tuesday.The guys that are playing in this tournament are the guys that I looked up to when I was growing up, Elway said. To be involved, its truly an honor.The ever-competitive Elway also hinted he might try to qualify for the tournament itself.I might give it a shot, said Elway, a 1.9-handicap golfer, well under the requisite 3.4.To make that a reality, hed have to improve his putting.But Im like every other amateur, too, you dont go to the putting green, you go to the driving range, right? Elway said. If I went to the putting green it might help a little bit.Elway, 56, took up golf during the springs of his Hall of Fame playing career and really refined his game after retiring in 1999. But he hasnt had as much time to hit the greens ever since rejoining his beloved Broncos as their chief front office executive in 2010.He doesnt get to play much before the NFL draft in April but sneaks in as many rounds as he can before training camp begins in late July, then hits the greens now and then during September and October.Although he doesnt really have the chance to work on his game anymore, he appreciates the games difficulties.Its a game that you can play forever and I think that its a game that is different every single day. Its a game that you can never, ever get your arms around every time, Elway said. Its a different game day in and day out, so its a tremendous challenge.And I think that most importantly it gives us ex-athletes a chance to really compete.Elway guided the Broncos to all three of their Super Bowl titles, two as their quarterback and last years as their general manager and vice president of football operations.His golf resume includes two Colorado Senior Open appearances and he is past president of Cherry Hills Country Club in Denver.The 2018 U.S. Senior Open will be held at the Broadmoor Golf Clubs East Course from June 28-July 1.Those are greens that Ive never really seen anywhere else, Elway said. I think the last time I played there, I think I hit 18 greens and shot 85. It has my number. But its a beautiful setting and a great, great golf course.Elway, who counts as his golf highlight his first hole-in-one that came on his 40th birthday, said its probably easier to covert a fourth-and-2 on the road than to sink a 3-foot putt with the quietude of the course.I will say Id probably have more confidence on the fourth-and-2, Elway said. Especially at the Broadmoor.---Follow Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton Jesse Barfield Jersey .ca. Kerry, Just watched the shootout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count? All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. Brett Anderson Jersey . - NASCAR announced a 33-race schedule for the 2014 Nationwide Series with virtually no changes from this years slate. http://www.authenticbluejayspro.com/blue-jays-j-a-happ-jersey/ . Ancelotti says Ronaldo has recovered from a hamstring injury but "but he doesnt feel comfortable yet so we wont risk him." Madrid is third in the Spanish league, six points behind leader Barcelona, going into Saturdays game against Valladolid. Devon Travis Jersey . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. Aaron Sanchez Jersey . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. LOUDON, N.H. -- Jimmie Johnson felt as if Christmas came early. Martin Truex Jr. felt as if he earned a little bit of integrity.When NASCAR decided Wednesday not to penalize the drivers for their cars failing postrace inspection Sunday at Chicagoland, they obviously were pleased with being given a pass.Both faced 10-point penalties, with the penalty having a more immediate impact on Johnson because he finished 12th and would have dropped from eighth to 12th in the standings, affecting his ability to remain in the championship hunt. Truex won the race, and the penalty would have been meaningless unless he had already been eliminated from the championship.NASCAR officials said Wednesday that the penalty impact wasnt fair across the board, and it eliminated the rules that resulted in those penalties. Instead of having three levels of how much a cars rear alignment can be off, NASCAR has just one with a harsh penalty of 35 points, a three-race crew-chief suspension and a $65,000 fine. The 10-point and 15-point tiers are a thing of the past -- retroactively.The NASCAR decision wasnt universally applauded, especially for the retroactive portion. Ryan Newman had been penalized a few weeks earlier, making his prospects for getting into the Chase quite dim at Richmond. Other drivers felt it was unfair to those who passed postrace tech at Chicagoland for having to run under a different set of rules than that those NASCAR enforced.I dont know whats right. I dont know whats fair, Johnson said Friday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. I was taking my lumps and going on with my business and then kind of Christmas showed up in September.It was unexpected, but happy they clearly saw the 78 and mine wasnt a fair situation.Truex felt a little different. He didnt feel relief as much as maybe getting a little bit of his good reputation back.It kind of taints your win, he said. You dont want people to think youre winning races by what they call cheating.But heres the deal. The car that led the most laps (Johnson) and the car that won the race (Truex) both were outside the NASCAR tolerances. Truex said his violation was ten-thousandths of an inch. Johnson said his was off by four-thousandths.People say, Their car was illegal, Truex said. That could mean a million things. It could have been something that was worth three-tenths of a second or it could be something that means absolutely nothing.In this case, it was absolutely nothing. But aa lot of people dont understand that.dddddddddddd.Actually, a lot of people even in the garage would dispute that. They work for every millisecond.Im sure directionally it was an advantage -- everybody will take a hundredth of a degree or a hundredth of an inch they can get, Johnson said. I think we were four-thousandths [of an inch] over.I dont know how much of an advantage you can get in four-thousandths. Thats awfully, awfully small, but were in a world now where its black and white.Truex said at Kansas earlier this year, he had the fastest car in practice but his car after practice was far outside the tolerance. The team fixed the issue and still won the pole.Everybody wants as much as they can get, but is ten-thousandths worth thousandths of a second? Truex said. I cant tell you. It depends on the race track and a lot of other things.One thing that will help perception, Truex said, is NASCARs putting all Chase cars through postrace measurement. It typically would take the top-five cars and any others at its choosing (which NASCAR calls the random, though it doesnt have to be picked randomly). Johnson was a random selection at Chicagoland.Sending all the Chase cars through is 100 percent the right thing to do, Truex said. The guy that finishes sixth doesnt even get checked, [and] he could have been off further than the guy who won the race.If were going nitpick like that, you need to put them all through there.Truexs team said his car failed because it was hit by Kevin Harvick during the race. After the race, Truex said he thought it was unintentional. Truex has talked with Harvick, and Harvick apparently thought Truex had hit him first.Well move on and well race like we always have -- very hard but always clean, Truex said. We agreed it was a racing deal, heat of the battle stuff.I was mad and I didnt know he was mad also. He thought I ran into him. Im not sure honestly. I dont really care at this point.All is good in Truexs world. And all is better in Johnsons world than it could have been.That is the last thing I expected to hear, Johnson said about the NASCAR decision. At the time after the race, I felt like the penalties that us and the 78 had just didnt feel fair.But I knew what the rules were, I knew we were out of the spec on the tolerances so I just took it for what it was. Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys 2018 NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen