destroyer, and the hardest hitter of

in Allgemein 17.04.2018 09:36
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

The road to recognition has been a long one for Ashley Nurse. The offspinning Barbadian made his List A debut nine years ago, played his maiden Twenty20 international more than five years ago, but has since played only three more T20Is - without taking a wicket. He had been included in three one-day international squads before finally making his ODI debut against Sri Lanka in Harare. Now that the chance has come again, he has taken it, literally and figuratively, with both hands, picking up three wickets - the first of which was caught and bowled - to decisively turn this match in West Indies favour.This is my third tour, but until now Ive not got a game, Nurse said. Ive been on the sidelines watching the guys win sometimes, watching the guys lose sometimes, and it can be a bit frustrating. I thank God for the opportunity and Im glad Ive taken the opportunity now.The delivery and the dismissal that brought Nurse his maiden ODI wicket may have been soft, Upul Tharanga misreading the pace of a long-hop and swiping far too early into a pull, but Nurses celebration was anything but. I guess you could say it all came down to me, Nurse said. All I was telling myself is you have to hold on to this one. It was nice to induce the chance and then take it myself. I did everything to get that wicket!He had taken a much sharper chance off Jason Holders bowling earlier in the innings, holding a flashing edge off Kusal Mendis bat with two hands reverse cupped in front of his face at second slip. That was Holders second wicket, and with it Sri Lanka were reduced to a decidedly rickety 16 for 3 in a chase that, 15 minutes earlier, had seemed almost a formality after West Indies were bowled out for 227 in the 50th over.It was not an ideal score, but once we got a few wickets with the new ball, we knew we could get the job done, Nurse said. We thought we were 20 runs short, but having said that, as a bowling unit youve got to go out and just try to defend anything that the batsmen give us to work with.Nurse was one of three debutants in West Indies side for their first match of the tri-series, and the other two did not do too badly either. Shai Hope kept his side ticking along through the middle overs with a sedate 47, while Rovman Powell pressed the accelerator later on with a 29-ball 44 that included three crisp sixes.For me, being a debutant you have nothing to lose. You just have to go out and give it your all. And I think all the guys had that attitude today. Were a young team. We have nothing to lose, so we just go out and play fearless cricket. And congrats to the other guys; Shai batted really well, Rovman batted superbly as well. It was a really commendable performance from the guys.The performance was certainly appreciated by a modest but boisterous Harare crowd that made no secret of their support for West Indies. The Bob Marley songs that played repeatedly over the P.A. system during the breaks must also have helped the visitors feel a little more at home. And at the end of the game, Nurse, Hope, Powell and Carlos Brathwaite jogged across the sun-drenched ground from the West Indies dressing room to Castle Corner, where fans were still gathered, to personally thank them for the support.For sure, it was not a big crowd but we could hear them, Nurse said. After the game, the guys went over and basically just said thank you to the spectators for the support. Can you guys [in the media] extend the thanks from all of us? I hope we get the same sort of support in Bulawayo.West Indies will be buoyed by this win, having lost the ODIs against Pakistan 3-0 last month before their remarkable Test comeback. Wins like these will help this new-look side creep up the ICC rankings from their current ninth position.Against Pakistan, we had a bit of a rough time in the one-day series, so its nice to bounce back here with a win, Nurse said. To get wins for West Indies is the main thing, whether were eighth or ninth in the rankings, if we win we can only go up from there. We dont play cricket based on whos in front of us or whos ahead in the rankings. We just go out and play cricket, day after day, taking it one step at a time gaining those points that will push us up the rankings. Dylan Bundy Jersey . LOUIS -- The New Orleans Saints looked like a team playing out the string. Frank Robinson Jersey . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No. http://www.oriolesjerseyscheap.com/ .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Kevin Gausman Jersey . Calgary scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored twice as the Flames cruised to a 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Saturday. Discount Orioles Jerseys Online . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd.Who is set to star at the World T20? Who better to ask than Paul Collingwood, a man who knows what it takes to win the tournament, having led England to the trophy in 2010.There are plenty of big names to choose from, but Collingwood picks one or two surprise selections, with a Durham team-mate, an England destroyer, and the hardest hitter of a cricket ball hes seen making the cut.Find out who exactly are Collys five to watch by clicking on the video above to watch.Sky Sporrts is the only place you can watch all 35 games in 27 days of the 2016 ICC World T20, starting with Zimbabwe v UAE on Tuesday 8th March at 9am on Sky Sports 2 HD.dddddddddddd Or watch from £6.99 without a contract, on NOW TV. Also See: ICC World T20 squads Pick your Ultimate World T20 XI WATCH: Best of 2014 World T20 ICC World T20 fixtures NFL Jerseys From China Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen