you train hard and you keep your focus and never lose hope.

in Allgemein 24.11.2019 15:47
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida coach Jim McElwain calls it a character test, a chance to see how his players react to being five-touchdown favorites against a team that has lost 13 of its last 15 games.Others refer to it as a trap game.Either way, its reality for the 23rd-ranked Gators (2-0).Coming off a lopsided victory against Kentucky and playing at rival and No. 15 Tennessee next week, Florida will try to avoid joining a long list of college teams to endure a letdown this season when it hosts North Texas (1-1) on Saturday.I dont know how you can ever do anything and not go out and do your best, McElwain said. That doesnt mean youre ever going to be perfect. No ones ever perfect. But the energy and the way you prepare to go out against anybody, it doesnt matter. It shouldnt matter if its football or if its tiddlywinks or if its going to the ice cream truck really fast.McElwain took it a step further while making his point, saying theres historical precedence at Florida of teams seemingly playing to the level of competition and adding were not good enough to just show up against anybody.Its certainly been the case in recent years, evidenced by the Gators needing to eke out wins against Louisiana-Lafayette (2012) and Florida Atlantic (2015) as well as losing to then-lower-division Georgia Southern (2013).This has been something thats been a little bit of an Achilles heel for Florida football, McElwain said. So I stressed to our guys this is an opportunity to create your own identity and be different. Well see on Saturday.The Mean Green also are trying to create an identity under first-year coach Seth Littrell, an assistant at North Carolina the two previous years.What an opportunity, Littrell said. You look across the country week-in and week-out, go out and compete. ... We dont fear anybody. Were never going to fear anybody. Were going to go out and compete and play the game the way it should be played, and at the end of the day, well see where we stack up.The Gators should have an idea, too, at least against what should be an overmatched opponent.We just got to make sure we dont play to their standard and play to ours, and just push each other instead of like worrying about the name of our opponent, Florida linebacker Daniel McMillian said.---Some other things to know about North Texas and Florida as they play for the first time since 1947:LOSING STREAK: North Texas is 1-46 all-time against ranked teams, including 37 consecutive losses since upsetting San Diego State 14-9 in 1974.INJURED GATORS: Florida receiver Antonio Callaway is highly questionable to doubtful to play because of a quadriceps injury. Callaway leads the Gators with 13 catches for 201 yards and two touchdowns, including a career-long 78-yarder against Kentucky last week. Florida will be without starting right guard Tyler Jordan (eye) and backup linebacker Jeremiah Moon (thumb).SEVEN-FIGURE PAYDAY: Florida is paying North Texas $1 million to make the trip, a significant payday that will help the Mean Green fund their program.BIG D: The Gators are tied for third in the nation with nine sacks. Equally impressive, they havent allowed 200 yards in either game. The defense will try to extend the streak against the Mean Green, which was outscored 141-44 in three games against ranked teams (Iowa, Western Kentucky and Tennessee) in 2015.GOOD COMPANY: Luke Del Rio is well on his way to becoming Floridas most proficient passer since Tim Tebow. Last week against Kentucky, Del Rio became the first Florida quarterback to have 300 yards passing and four touchdowns in SEC play since Rex Grossman accomplished the feat in 2001 against LSU. Its nice to throw for a bunch of yards and a bunch of touchdowns, said Del Rio, who wasnt sacked. But to be honest, I did the easy part. I was back there with all day to throw. ... There was nobody around me.---AP college football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org Fake MLB Jerseys . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. Fake Jerseys For Sale . They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Goodell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. http://www.fakejersey.com/ . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. Fake Jerseys Free Shipping . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. Fake Jerseys Online . -- Stanford squashed Oregons national championship hopes again, schooling the Ducks in power football. EUGENE, Ore. -- There has been much talk about the surge in youth at these U.S. Olympic track and field trials, what with a large number of teens and high-schoolers competing so well. But that doesnt mean the U.S. team will be limited to people who arent old enough to know what life was like before Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat. Or before the internet. Or even mobile phones.Distance runner Bernard Lagat, who turns 42 in December, medaled for Kenya at the 2000 and 2004 Olympics, then gained U.S. citizenship and competed for America in the 2008 and 2012 Games. And despite being in his 40s, he now will run in his fifth Olympics in Rio after winning the 5,000-meter final Saturday.Take that, millennials.I train with young guys, and I dont believe Im old, Lagat said. Because if I believe Im old, then Im going to run like an old man. The thing is, Im with all these young guys, they push me every single day. And when I train with them, they tell me at the end of the day, Man, you really make us feel bad. You know what? I dont give up. I train hard with them. Thats what you guys saw today.Lagat was in sixth place as the race entered the final lap, but he showed his younger opponents that he still has what it takes. He surged ahead and ran a 52-second final lap to win the race in a 13:35.50. After crossing the finish line, Lagat collapsed on the track with emotion, and when he stood up, third-place finisher Paul Chelimo leaped on his back in celebration. Fortunately, Lagat was not too old to withstand the weight.He is my mentor, my role model. I look up to him, said Chelimo, who also grew up in Kenya before becoming a U.S. citizen. Making the team today, I was so happy. There is nothing better than him making the team and me making the team. Im going to Rio with my legend.Galen Rupp, who had already qualified for the U.S, team in two events by winning the marathon trial in February and the 10,000 meters last weekend, finished ninth after hhaving led the race at one point.ddddddddddddAsked whether he can compete like Lagat at age 41, the 30-year-old Rupp replied: I dont know. Im not 40 yet, so I cant comment on that. Ill let you now in 10 years.While your bodys speed declines in your 30s, endurance lasts longer. As Christopher McDougall wrote in the bestseller Born to Run, some people have run a marathon as fast at age 60 as they did at 19.So what is the secret? Said Lagat: You stay fit, you train hard and you keep your focus and never lose hope.For a while, though, it looked as if there was reason to think age had finally caught up with Lagat. He failed to qualify for the world championships last year, the first time he had missed out while competing for America. He was not able to finish the 5,000 at the Prefontaine Classic last month and also did not finish the 10,000 here at trials.At the Prefontaine Classic I was sick, so I did not finish the race and was really ashamed by it, he said. The other day in the 10K, I did not finish the race and felt the same thing as at the Prefontaine. I said, Im not going to end running that way.This is the image I want to leave.He not only wanted to leave that image for the supportive fans at Hayward Field, where he has run so many times, Lagat also was delighted to win in front of his children. They wanted me to go to the Olympics, he said. My daughter told me, Daddy, I want you to make it to the Olympics so I can go watch gymnastics. Lagat says this is his last year competing but never rule anything out with aging top athletes. As 21-year-old fourth-place finisher Eric Jenkins said: Ill probably retire before he does.Chelimo said that when Lagat does retire, Im hoping Im going to take over. Today he won but next time Im taking over.We will see when that happens. As Chelimo said: Age is just a number. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen