since 2006 (although, because of their regular-season prowess, they’ve only played three

in Bewerbungen 28.11.2019 07:09
von elaine95 • 211 Beiträge

Related: Michael Bennett reacts to getting traded to New England"While the draft is naturally stealing the spotlight at this point in the NFL offseason Youth N'Keal Harry Jersey , the college players added are only one part of a team’s roster construction. For the New England Patriots, this process also included acquiring a veteran defensive lineman via trade to bolster a position group undergoing significant changes due to the departures of 2018 starters/top rotational options Trey Flowers and Adrian Clayborn.Shortly before the start of free agency, the Patriots traded a fifth-round draft pick to the Philadelphia Eagles for Michael Bennett and a seventh-round selection. Earlier this week, Bennett joined FS1’s First Things First to talk about getting the opportunity to play for the reigning world champions. And by the sound of it, the 33-year-old is appreciative of being given a chance to play for the most successful dynasty the NFL has ever seen.“I think it’s a great opportunity,” Bennett said when asked about his thoughts on coming to New England. “One, I get to play with Tom Brady, Devin McCourty and all these great guys — Dont’a Hightower — guys that have been in great situations, guys who know about ‘team,’ and I just want to learn about leadership and want to learn about how to build a team and fit in and how to do all these different things. And I think they do a great job at that.”“Bill Belichick also, he’s the Jedi when it comes to defense, when it comes to team and organization,” the three-time Pro Bowler continued. “Being a young business owner and a father and all these different things, it’s a great opportunity to learn from somebody like Bill Belichick how to organize your organization and how to be the leader and have that message that people follow all the time.”Bennett will not only get a chance to learn from the NFL’s premier head coach Color Rush N'Keal Harry Jersey , but also is expected to see considerable playing time on a defense that has lost some key contributors from year’s past. Apparently, this is a key selling point for a player that restructured his contract shortly after arriving in New England.“I felt like at this point I wasn’t at the stage in my career where I wanted to be a backup,” Bennett answered when asked about his desire to leave Philadelphia after only one year with the club. “I wanted to be in the game consistently, because I was still making high-impact plays. If you look at the numbers, I was still at the top of my game. I wasn’t looking to be third-string or something like that.”In New England, Bennett will likely get a prominent role atop the club’s defensive edge rotation alongside returning veterans Deatrich Wise Jr. and John Simon as well as third-roudn rookie Chase Winovich. “I always feel like it was a good fit for me,” said Bennett. “Being on that team, I thought was a good fit for me, understanding how Belichick uses his players on defense and giving them matchups and different things like that — I thought it was a great opportunity.”Bennett also was asked about his impression of the club as a whole and what separates it from the rest of the league. His answer speaks volumes about the culture and image the Patriots under head coach Bill Belichick have created over the past almost 20 years. “Every time you watch anything it’s always ‘do your job.’ Everybody does their job to win, nobody’s greater than the whole — everybody does what they’re supposed to do,” he answered.“That’s why they don’t always have the best players on defense or the best players on offense, when you talk about statistics or numbers, but they always have the players that make the big plays at the big moment because they are doing their job,” Bennett concluded. Now New England Patriots Jersey 2019 , the veteran will join the ranks of those other players he is talking about — and potentially do what his brother Martellus also did: bring home a championship from the stint in New England. FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — New England Patriots center David Andrews has gone to the playoffs every year he’s been in the NFL, reaching the AFC title game in his first three tries and making the Super Bowl twice.Something he’s never done: played on wild-card weekend.“I don’t know what it’s like doing it any other way,” Andrews said after the Patriots clinched their ninth straight first-round bye. “I’ve been very fortunate to be a part of this organization and these great locker rooms. We’re very fortunate and just got to make the most of this week, get some rest, focus, take a step back to look at yourself and what you can do better.”After early-season struggles that once again raised doubts whether the New England dynasty was coming to an end, the Patriots are back in their usual spot after a 38-3 victory over the New York Jets on Sunday. They will have the week off before finding out which of the wild-card winners — it could be the Texans, Ravens or Chargers — will be their opponent in Foxborough on Jan. 13.Coach Bill Belichick said on a conference call with reporters Monday that the Patriots will occupy their time with a combination of rest, film work, practice, fundamentals, scheme plays, and situational practice.“The bye is huge N'Keal Harry New England Patriots Jersey ,” said tight end Rob Gronkowski, who had two catches for 24 yards against the Jets, but also had a big gain wiped out by a penalty. “That was basically a playoff win right there. … It basically won us a game for next week. So we got a bye, rest up, get the mental part and physical part.”The Patriots (11-5) earned their 10th straight AFC East title and their 15th in 16 seasons; the only exception was the 2008 season Tom Brady missed with a torn ACL. They have not played in the wild-card weekend since 2009, when they lost to the Baltimore Ravens in Foxborough.The victories in the last two games also guaranteed the Patriots of at least one home playoff game — and the chance for two if something should happen to the Kansas City Chiefs. That’s important, because New England has not won a road playoff game since 2006 (although, because of their regular-season prowess, they’ve only played three since beating the Chargers in San Diego in the divisional round that year).New England also went undefeated at home in the regular season and just 3-5 on the road. They were the only team in the league with a perfect home record but the only one in the AFC that was under .500 on the road.“It’s tough to win in this league regardless of where you are,” said receiver Chris Hogan, who caught six passes for 64 yards on Sunday. “But obviously any time you get a chance to play at home — using the crowd and the familiarity; you get to keep your same schedule and same routine. I think that helps a lot.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen