ce a tricky run-in, travelling to Anfield to face an in-form

in Allgemein 18.04.2018 12:50
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

Shug McGaughey is doing his best Chad Brown impersonation.A week after winning the Sands Point, a Grade 2 turf race for 3-year-old fillies, with On Leave, McGaughey won the Grade 2, $150,000 Commonwealth Oaks, another 3-year-old filly grass race, with My Impression. McGaughey and owner-breeder Stuart Janney also won the Commonwealth Oaks last year with Onus.Brown, who has multiple graded-stakes performers in every turf division, did manage a two-three finish Saturday with Noble Beauty nipping Pricedtoperfection for the place. Favored Stella Rose was fourth, and probably would at least have finished second had she not been badly impeded by fading, drifting, pace-setting Its The Truth, who nearly caused Stella Rose to clip heels before carrying her out to the middle of the course.My Impression, meanwhile, found a great spot down near the rail from which to launch her winning rally. Seventh and eighth in the early and middle going, My Impression raced behind a wall of horses turning for home before jockey Jose Ortiz Jr. saw an opening.There was a lot of traffic to the middle and outside, Ortiz said. I saw the rail open, I felt like I had a lot of horse, I asked her, and she exploded.My Impression paid $11.20 to win and was timed in 1:45.67 for 1-1/8 miles on firm, fast-playing turf.She had won the $50,000 Christiana Stakes earlier this summer, but finished sixth making her graded stakes debut in the Lake Placid at Saratoga, a race in which My Impression slipped on wet turf and lost her action before the quarter-pole, and was eased to the wire.Ortiz said My Impression settled better Saturday than she had in the past, and the filly almost certainly ran the best race of her career. Shes by Sky Mesa and out of the Broad Brush mare, Impressionism.Skipalute wins stakes debutSkipalute is by Midnight Lute, a dirt sprinter, and out of a mare by Montbrook, another dirt sprinter, but a recent switch to turf routes has brought out the best in the filly, and she led nearly all the way Saturday winning the $60,000 Brookmeade Stakes for Virginia-breds.Ridden by Jose Ortiz for trainer John Kimmel and co-owners Gold Mark Farm and Whisper Hill Farm, Skipalute ($5) set a pace that was moderate for the conditions and took a clear lead into the homestretch. Complete St. came wide with a long, sustained challenge starting at the top of the stretch, but Skipalute came home well enough to hold her off by a neck.My Dinah Lee finished third as Skipalute ran 1-1/16 miles on a firm course in 1:41.60.In the days first stakes race, the $60,000 Punch Line for Virginia-bred older turf sprinters, Moon River scored just his second win from 15 career starts beating pace-setting Available by 1-1/2 lengths. It was another three quarters of a length back to heavily favored Two Notch Road, who could not duplicate the form he showed in the Turf Monster last out at Parx Racing.Moon River, a Bluegrass Cat 4-year-old trained by Brendan Walsh for DARRS Inc., ran 5-1/2 furlongs in 1:02.033 and paid $8.20.Three-peat for Rose BrierRose Brier won the $60,000 Bert Allen Stakes for Virginia-bred turf-route horses for the third year in a row, and he won it easily. Favored at 1-9, Rose Brier got a perfect trip racing third behind two dueling leaders, the rest of the field nowhere to be found. Before the quarter pole, he moved three wide under Trevor McCarthy, who won three races Saturday, and the Bert Allen was over. Rose Brier, trained for the Panic Stable by Jane Cibelli, won by 4 1/4 lengths and paid $2.20 to win. Rose Brier is a 7-year-old by Mizzen Mast.Rapid Rhythm scores as odd-on choiceHeavily favored Rapid Rhythm accelerated between horses in midstretch and won the $60,000 Oakley for Virginia-bred female turf sprinters by 1 1/2 lengths going away. McCarthy was in the irons for trainer Mike Stidham and owner DARRS Inc. Rapid Rhythm, a 4-year-old by Successful Appeal, has hit career-best form in her recent starts, and off a runner-up finish in a rich Kentucky Downs turf sprint two weeks ago, she paid just $3 as the 1-2 favorite.Lime House Louie takes JamestownLime House Louie lost the lead in midstretch to odds-on favorite Hold Me Black but came back to win the $60,000 Jamestown for Virginia-bred 2-year-olds by one length, Hold Me Black hanging on for second. Gabriel Saez rode the winner, a son of Limehouse, for trainer Flint Stites and the Wildcard Stable. Andrew Triggs Jersey .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco. Youth Athletics Jerseys . With their top three point guards and Kobe Bryant all sidelined by injury, the Lakers signed Marshall out of the D-League on Friday before their home game against Minnesota. http://www.athleticsjerseyscheap.com/?tag=mark-mcgwire-jersey . After taking two big hits this week -- losing at home and dropping back-to-back games for the first time all season -- Indiana struck back by playing its most complete game of the year. Terry Steinbach Jersey . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday. Glenn Hubbard Jersey . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators.Moussa Sissoko insists Newcastle United are good enough to beat Manchester City and avoid the relegation drop as belief returns to the squad. Newcastle secured their first win in seven games on Saturday in a 3-0 drumming of Swansea and Sissoko, the man Rafa Benitez made his captain on the weekend thinks it is a sign of things to come.The belief is returning. We can stay up. If we beat City well be level on points with Norwich, Sissoko said. It wont be easy, especially against City, but we have to give everything. We need to believe because were good enough to do it. Manchester City are one of Englands best sides but were in front of our own fans and well give everything. Sky Live: Newcastle v Man City Newcastles battle for Premier League survival continues at home to Manchester City Benitez was full of praise for the midfielder crediting his influence among the large French contingent in the ssquad for the teams improved overall performance in Saturdays game.dddddddddddd Sissoko has impressed in his new role as captain Sissoko who impressed in his new role as captain - finding the net for the first time this season against the Swans - will be hoping to continue his good form as Newcastle host Man City on Tuesday evening, live on Sky Sports 1 from 7pm.Newcastle will hope this belief does not fade as they face a tricky run-in, travelling to Anfield to face an in-form Liverpool this Saturday before games against Crystal Palace and Aston Villa.They end the season with what could be a crunch home game against title challengers Tottenham on the final day. Also See: Sky Live: Newcastle v Man City Rafa: We know we can do it Benitez hopes City distracted Mbemba: Benitez fantastic Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys 2020 Jerseys NFL China China Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen