uary 22 and the Sky Sports F1 Digital team w

in Allgemein 19.04.2018 07:39
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

EUGENE, Ore. -- Just 18 years old, Vashti Cunningham is the reigning world indoor high jump champion. Trying to qualify for her first Olympics in the opening round of the U.S. track and field trials Friday afternoon, she was so focused on her jumps that she did not distract herself by talking to competitors inside the Hayward Field track.Not that there wasnt someone competing there alongside Cunningham who could provide strong advice for her future career.Amy Acuff first competed at the track trials at age 16 in 1992 before the Barcelona Games. She did not qualify at those trials, but she made the next five U.S. Olympic teams, competing in Atlanta, Sydney, Athens, Beijing and London. Despite being a month shy of her 41st birthday, having two children and a number of health issues this year, she was fighting for her sixth Olympics in Rio.Unfortunately, Acuff failed to advance to the high jump finals, missing her final three attempts at 1.84 meters (6 feet, one-half inch). With mixed emotions, she walked away from the high jump, and her career.I feel closure, Acuff said. I guess I felt like, Oh well, I tried my best and thats all you can hope for. I am officially retired from track and field. I said that before, but its for real now.Meanwhile, Cunningham qualified for Sundays finals, along with American record-holder and three-time Olympian Chaunte Lowe. The daughter of former NFL quarterback Randall Cunningham, Vashti is considered the favorite by many, though she says she doesnt consider herself that way. There are people who have done amazing things before me, she said. Im just one of the jumpers.Acuff said not to count out Lowe as the favorite, either, though she is definitely impressed by Cunningham.Vashti looks great, Acuff said. I had never seen her jump before. She just looks so natural and elastic. Im sure shell have a great career.Asked for what advice she has to pass to Cunningham and others, Acuff said: Just take care of your bodies. There are so many great jumpers littered on the side of the freeway to the Olympics. Mainly ankles. A lot of people are just done by their late 20s due to injuries, so you have to be really smart about your training and very open to looking at it and being realistic about what you can handle.So how was Acuff able to jump so high for so long?I think because I just love it, she said. At the core of it, I just love the art of jumping. My biggest hope was to come here and have that perfect timing and beautiful jump. Thats the funnest part.Despite having never medaled in her five Olympic competitions (she came closest with a fourth-place finish at the 2004 Games in Athens), she definitely has a symbolic Olympic torch to pass on to Cunningham, perhaps one that will help the younger jumper compete all the way to the 2036 Games.I think that for Amy going into this meet, and her willpower is just amazing. Shes mentally stronger than a lot of other people, to come and fight and jump and do what she loves. I respect her a lot for that, Cunningham said. After the years shes competed, the fact she still has the fight to come back and compete again is amazing and I hope that Im like that when Im older.Given how well Cunningham is jumping at such a young age -- she won indoor worlds with a leap of 1.95 meters -- she could definitely win a medal, perhaps gold. Not that she says she feels any pressure in that respect.There is not as much pressure as there is on people who have been here before, Cunningham said. I think Ive done well at the beginning of the season. ? Im trying to win [Sundays final]. Get first place and go into the Olympics with that confidence. Discount Saucony Womens Running Shoes . Andreas Johnson had a goal and two assists while Jacob de la Rose also scored for Sweden (2-0-0). Esa Lindell and Rasmus Ristolainen replied for Finland (1-1-0) Lindell opened the scoring for Finland just 41 seconds into the game, but the hosts quickly regained their composure and tied the score less than four minutes later on Wennbergs first of the game. Mens/Womens Saucony Shadow 5000 OG Suede Pack Grey Jade Red . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. http://www.iviloan.com/saucony-sneakers-clearance/shadow-5000.html . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. Mens/Womens Saucony Grid 9000 Premium Royal Black S70196-1 .Y. -- Injured Buffalo Sabres forward Marcus Foligno did not practice with the team Monday and head coach Ron Rolston said its unlikely hell play in Wednesdays season opener in Detroit. Saucony Shadow 5000 Black . LOUIS -- Rookie Tavon Austin has missed another day of practice, lessening the odds hell be ready for the St.Williams have become the first F1 team to launch their full 2016 car ahead of the start of pre-season testing on Monday. Hours before Ferraris online launch on Friday, Williams jumped their Italian rivals by unexpectedly releasing the first images of the new FW38 on social media.Decked out in the same Martini-themed livery first seen in 2014, Williams are aiming to take another step forward in the new season after re-establishing themselves as podium contenders with consecutive third-place finishes in the Constructors Championship. However, team owner Frank Williams acknowledges simply staying in the top three will be a challenge in 2016, with improvement expected from rivals who underperformed last season.Williams has started to cement our position back amongst the front running teams after finishing third in the Championship in the past two seasons, said Williams. This has been a great achievement given the resources of those around us.Staying where we are will be a challenge in itself, but we are determined to keep improving because only winning will ever be good enough.Williams field an unchanged driver line-up of Felipe Massa and Valtteri Bottas in 2016 with the pair having proved well-matched over the previous two seasons. The car will again be powered by Mercedes engines. Williams say they have focused on improving their car in slow corners (Picture courtesy of Williams Racing) The Grove team finished on the podium four times last year and say they have focused on improving the FW37s weaker areas.2016 promises to be a very competitive year in Formula 1 and there will be a number of strong teams who have us in their sights, said deputy team principal Claire Williams.We are confident that we have made a step forward over the winter and that the FW38 will build on the strengths of the FW37 and address some of its weaknesses. We started design work on the car earlier than normal and hopefully this extra development time will stand us in good stead.F1 in 2016: Full calendar, launch dates and testing scheduleIn keeping with most teams heading into testing, Williams stressed that the car revealed on Friday is by no means the final product with a first update package already in development for the first race in Australia on March 20.It is no secret that the low speed performance of the FW37 didnt match its high speed performance so a lot of time was spent looking into why this was and subsequently making changes, which we hope will improve the situation, said technical chief Pat Symonds. Whos who at Williams in 2016 Team principal Sir Frank Williams Deputy team principal Claire Williams Chief technical officer Pat Symonds Head of performance engineering Rob Smedley Head of aerodynamics Jason Somerville Chief designer Ed Wood Senior performance engineering Andrew Murdoch Sporting manager Steve Nielsen Race drivers Felipe Massa and Valtteri Bottas Although the last two years have witnessed an overdue rensissance for the nine-time constructors champions, former driver Pastor Maldonados victory at the 2012 Spanish GP remains Williams sole triumph in the last 12 years.ddddddddddddWilliams best result of 2015 was third place at the Canadian, Austrian, Italian and Mexican GPs.As a team we need to be able to win races, which is what we are always trying to do, said Bottas, who enters his fourth season at the team.Im sure we have made improvements everywhere as a team, so were definitely looking to fight for better results this year.The secrets of F1 testing: What really goes on?The first Barcelona test starts on Monday February 22 and the Sky Sports F1 Digital team will be providing live commentary from dawn until dusk on all four days of both Barcelona tests while Sky Sports News HQ will also deliver live updates from trackside. Every race live in 2016 Sky Sports F1 brings you every race live in 2016. Fast and easy online upgrade - click here Also See: Massa: Williams can win in 2016 Williams looking over their shoulder Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Jerseys NFL China China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen