Aaron Rodgers will make his one and onl

in Allgemein 23.12.2019 14:29
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Colts general manager Ryan Grigson spent another offseason investing heavily in Andrew Lucks protection plan.After four preseason games, its unclear what the payoff will be.The problems that ruined last seasons big plans resurfaced during an exhibition loss to Philadelphia when Luck was sacked three times and hit three more times in the first half. Fortunately for Indy, Luck avoided getting hurt.But everyone in the organization knows that must change quickly if the Colts are going to make a playoff push in 2016.Weve had some line issues. Theres nothing that we can do about it, Pagano said after Thursdays preseason finale, referring to injuries. We have to get healthy, and healthy in a hurry.There is hope. The Colts expect some growing pains because theyve plugged in two new starters -- rookie center Ryan Kelly and right guard Denzelle Good, a second-year player.Meanwhile, right tackle Joe Reitz (back) and left guard Jack Mewhort (knee) have been battling injuries. Its unclear whether either will be ready for Sundays opener against Detroit, but both should be back before the end of September.The concern is this: If the line doesnt improve soon, Luck could again pay a steep price.Pagano, Grigson and team owner Jim Irsay all know that keeping Luck healthy and upright remains the teams top priority, especially after Luck signed a record-breaking six-year, $140 million contract in June. Thats why they used four draft picks on linemen, including Kelly in the first round.Throughout training camp, there were promising signs.The results, however, havent changed much. After averaging 3.6 yards per carry in 2015, they averaged 2.7 in the preseason. And after allowing 37 sacks last season, they gave up in the first three preseason games.While Pagano, Grigson and Irsay cringe with every hit Luck takes, the franchise quarterback doesnt seem to mind.I feel like I played a half of football, he said two days after the pounding he took against Philadelphia. It feels good. I think its almost important to get hit a little in the preseason for your body to get used to what its like on a Monday after a game. I feel pretty good.Here are some other things to watch this season:COPING WITH INJURIES: The Colts arent just hurting on the offensive line. Indys top five cornerbacks all missed Thursdays preseason finale at Cincinnati and lost another, Tevin Mitchell (hamstring), on Thursday. The spate of injuries forced the Colts to make some adjustments on their final roster, and Pagano still isnt sure who might play Sunday. Regardless, its certainly not a good omen to be this banged up this early.MANUFACTURED RUSH: New defensive coordinator Ted Monachino is looking for more consistency in the pass rush this season. Sure, at age 35, Robert Mathis remains one of the leagues most feared sack artists. But Monachino needs other players to complement Mathis. The Colts didnt add any notable pass rushers in free agency, and the draft picks might not be ready to make a major impact just yet. So expect Monachino to be aggressive with blitzes and stunts.STREAK BUSTER: Running back Frank Gore still is steamed he finished last season with 967 yards. Perhaps the Colts should be more upset. Since 2008, Gore has topped the 1,000-yard mark six times -- a span in which Indy has produced zero 1,000-yard runners. Indy also starts this season trying to snap a 50-game streak without a 100-yard rusher -- the longest drought in the NFL in nearly two decades. The 33-year-old Gore hopes to defy the odds by ending both streaks this year.ALLEN TOWN: Offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski hasnt dropped many hints about the new offense. And while he stayed pretty vanilla in the preseason, the conventional wisdom is the tight ends will play a more prominent role in 2016. Thats great news for Dwayne Allen, who signed a four-year, $29.4 million contract in March. Allen has been slowed by injuries during his first four seasons and was overshadowed by Coby Fleener. With Fleener in New Orleans, Allen becomes the primary tight end -- and could have a breakout year.FAST START: Since 2012, Pagano is 1/3 in Week 1 and has started 0-2 each of the past two seasons. Coupled with Indys continually sluggish starts last season, Pagano changed things up at camp. He pushed them harder and faster, gave players fewer rest days and reiterated the need to start fast in September -- and each week. Will the new emphasis work? Stay tuned.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Vans Store Near Me . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. Vans Shoes Wholesale Store .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a foot of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf. http://www.vanssalestore.com/vans-old-skool-clearance/black-old-skool-cheap.html . Zvonareva, who won the tournament in 2009 and 10, couldnt handle her opponents big groundstrokes in only her third event back after 17 months out with a shoulder injury. Zvonareva made her comeback in January in Shenzhen and played in the Australian Open but lost her first matches at both tournaments. Vans Slip On Sale .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. Vans Old Skool Sale . The Nashville Predators were glad their captain was still on their side. Weber had a goal and two assists, and Roman Josi scored the shootout winner to lift the Predators to a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Heres a look at Fridays NFL preseason games. (All times EDT):EXTRA MVP TIME--New England at Carolina, 7:30 p.m.NFL MVP Cam Newton will see his most extensive playing time of the preseason against the Patriots, while Tom Brady may have to take a back seat to Jimmy Garoppolo.Panthers coach Ron Rivera said Newton and the rest of the starters from last years NFC championship team will play into the third quarter. Newton has played sparingly the first two preseason games, leading five drives culminating in one touchdown and two field goals.Not surprisingly, Patriots coach Bill Belichick hasnt disclosed his plans for Friday nights game, but its expected Garoppolo will start and see the majority of reps to get ready for the regular season. Brady is suspended for the first four games for his role in Deflategate.Like always, your guess is as good as mine, Garoppolo said. Well find out together, I guess. Im preparing like Im going to be the starter. You never know. Last week was a good example. You never know whats going to happen, and well go from there, I guess.Brady was scheduled to start the second preseason game against the Bears before accidently cutting his right thumb during a pregame mishap with scissors. He returned to the field this week after what he called a silly accident.`BIG TEST FOR WILLIAMS- Buffalo at Washington, 7:30 p.m.The Redskins third preseason game against the Bills will be the first for four-time Pro Bowl left tackle Trent Williams, who has been held out with a sore right knee. There hasnt been significant concern about Williams, who tends to play through minor injuries, but this chance is important to him.This game is really big for me because I havent had any live reps thus far, Williams said. Its going to be a huge test for me. Its just one of the things youve got to overcome.With Matt Jones out for the remainder of the preseason with a separated left shoulder, the Redskins will also get to see what they have in rookie running backs Robert Kelley and Keith Marshall and second-year back Mack Brown.WR Sammy Watkins is set to make his preseason debut for Buffalo after spending the past three weeks testing his surgically repaired left foot. Coach Rex Ryan anticipates Watkins will see limited playing time to continue re-establishing his chemistry with quarterback Tyrod Taylor.GET READY FOR BIG BEN--Pittsburgh at New Orleans, 8 p.m.The Saints have struggled in recent seasons on defense, but believe theyve improved from last year. Theyll get a big test in preseason Game No. 3 when they host Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers.Its a good team we are plaaying -- really good offensive football team, Saints defensive coordinator Dennis Allen said.dddddddddddd Theyve got a lot of weapons; obviously, those guys havent played in the preseason. I dont know what the plan is as far as those guys are concerned. Obviously we have a lot of respect for the Steelers, Mike Tomlin and their offense. Todd Haley is your coordinator, so itll be a good challenge for us.GORDONs RETURN--Cleveland at Tampa Bay, 8 p.m.Wide receiver Josh Gordon is expected to make his return to action, along with first-round pick Corey Coleman. Gordon, who missed the first two preseason games with a quadriceps injury, led the NFL in yards receiving in 2013, but was suspended all of last season. He will serve a four-game suspension to start this season as well.The Bucs will face eight opponents this season who play a 3-4 defense, so playing the blitz-happy Browns is expected to be a good tuneup for Jameis Winston and the offense. The first of those eight 3-4 defensive teams will be the Cardinals in Week 2.Further complicating matters, the Bucs are battling injuries on the offensive line to guards J.R. Sweezy and Al Marpet.RODGERS MAKES A CAMEO--Green Bay at San Francisco, 10 p.m.Aaron Rodgers will make his one and only preseason appearance on Friday night at San Francisco. That will give Rodgers some experience working with new tight end Jared Cook. However, Jordy Nelson is not expected to play after returning to practice this week.Well, we havent had Jordy in a team period yet, so were just going to keep expectations at a reasonable level, Rodgers said of his standout wide receiver who is returning from major knee surgery.For the 49ers, Colin Kaepernick will get to make his case for the starting job after sitting out the first two preseason games with a tired shoulder. Coach Chip Kelly has said he wants to see Kaepernick and Blaine Gabbert get time with the first-team offense before picking a starter. Gabbert has been unimpressive so far this preseason, completing just 52.6 percent of his passes, but he has not thrown an interception or taken a sack.Im going to go out and show everything I can these next two games to make sure I put my best foot forward to show this organization, this team, this coaching staff what Im capable of, Kaepernick said.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL .---AP Sports Writers John Wawrow, Stephen Whyno, Brett Martel, Kyle Hightower, Josh Dubow, and AP Freelance Writer Todd McMahon contributed. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen