Obviously gymnastics is one w

in Allgemein 31.12.2019 15:05
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

CINCINNATI -- The New York Mets have recalled rookie infielder Matt Reynolds from Triple-A Las Vegas.Reynolds got the start at shortstop for Mondays game at Cincinnati.Reynolds is batting .211 with two homers and 11 RBI in 37 games with the Mets this season. He hit .264 with two homers and 24 RBI in 71 games with Las Vegas. Bruce Bowen Jersey . Nigeria beat surprise package Ethiopia 2-0 in the second leg of their playoff for a comfortable 4-1 aggregate victory. Victor Moses converted a 20th-minute penalty after an Ethiopian handball, and Victor Obinna made certain of Nigerias place in Brazil with his powerful free kick in the 82nd at UJ Esuene Stadium. Jakob Poeltl Jersey .com) - Manchester City midfielder David Silva is expected to miss the next four weeks because of a calf problem. https://www.cheapspurs.com/1056j-demarre-carroll-jersey-spurs.html .ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2013. Today, we look back at Boston Strong - a citys recovery from tragedy. Glen Combs Jersey . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. Alvin Robertson Jersey . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. Finding balance is tough as a mother with a full-time job. And its damn near impossible to do while training as an elite athlete. Yet CrossFit athlete Tonia Osborne, 45, competes in the masters womens 45-49 age division while being a mother of two and working full time as a program manager at Panasonic Avionics Corp. As the 2016 Reebok CrossFit Games kick off Tuesday in Carson, California, Osborne -- who finished first in the open portion of the games for the Southern California region, and ranked second overall in the masters qualifier -- is a serious threat to win her division. I never thought Id be where I am today with this career and this sport, says Osborne, who placed fifth in the 40-44 age division at last years Games. Hailing from Racine, Wisconsin, Osborne competed in gymnastics until the age of 18, and it was those similar elements of CrossFit -- muscle-ups, handstand pushups -- that drew her to the sport nearly five years ago. Now, the 5-foot-2, 140-pound competitor credits the mental and physical preparation of that early gymnastics career with her success at a later age -- something she hopes could empower others. Hopefully, Im inspiring to other people, Osborne says. If I can do it, they can do it.Ive been athletic throughout my whole life, Tonia Osborne says. After my second child, I was feeling stagnant and wanted a challenge. There was this new thing called CrossFit, so I tried it and loved it right away.Handstand walks are one of the CrossFit elements that uses Osbornes gymnastics skills. She competed as an elite gymnast until the grind became too much. As I got older, injuries and fear factor kind of deterred me from wanting to [compete] any further.Osborne squeezes in at least two workouts each day -- one at lunch, one after work, and sometimes a third whenever it fits best.Most athletes get down time after a hard workout. I dont get to go relax or recover. I have to go get birthday presents, take the kids to activities -- Im constantly moving.Ive really tried to make my workout schedule around when the kids arent home, so that I can be home with them.We enjoy being together and doing family things, especially on the weekends when were all around and dont have activities.In CrossFit, theres a lot of strong-man stuff. You lift heavy stuff. Its taxing, but it really focuses on stabilization and your core.Osborne prioritizes her family and her kids as much as possible. She says theyre an active group and will go swimming, go to theme parks and movies, and love to play games together.The expectation is high. If Im not first and instead am second or third, then thats what it is, as long as II feel like I did the best that I could.ddddddddddddThe CrossFit Games are held outside of the StubHub Center in Carson, California, in the hot Southern California sun. Osborne has been training outside, but it still makes her a bit nervous. Its an element you cant really predict.The community of CrossFit really makes a difference. The support and the friendship really drew me in.Osborne works as a program manager at Panasonic Avionics. She often takes conference calls in the morning and during breaks for her workouts to fit everything into her daily schedule.I have a great support system. I have my husband who supports me, and a live-in nanny who helps with the kids. Shes been with us for six years, so shes a part of the family. They help me with my time management and the house and just the day-to-day stuff.I dont want to have any regrets. I have this opportunity and Im going to go for it.Osborne is fitted with the NormaTec recovery system, a $3,600 machine that is used in the medical field on dialysis patients to flush out fluids after treatment. It is also popular with elite triathlon and CrossFit athletes for the same reason.Im a mom, a wife, an elite athlete, a professional, a PTA mom, I do it all. But like anything, it takes dedication and sacrifices at times. Its a give-and-take with everything in my life.There are a lot of things I would never do if it wasnt for CrossFit. We have track workouts. I dont like running very much, but having people around you creates a little competition, which helps.A lot of top CrossFit athletes were high-level athletes in some sport. Obviously gymnastics is one where it translates to CrossFit very easily. There are a ton of gymnastics elements that I was good at right away because of my background.Im a competitive person. I like challenging myself and having something to shoot for. I guess Im good at [CrossFit]. When youre good at something, you want to put the effort into it and excel at it.Being a top athlete at my age is an incredible accomplishment. I started doing this for fitness, but then I thought, Why not push myself? Its empowering as a woman to be able to do all that I do and be successful.To be successful, I think you have to have that blind belief in knowing that you can win. Youve done the work and put in the time, so why not me? Why cant I win?I want to win this year. It would be the highlight of my career with CrossFit and all the hard work Ive put in. Showing that I can win doing all that I do is a good story for people. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen