ggies will stay in the top 10, though there is littl

in Allgemein 21.04.2018 03:51
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

ATLANTA -- Matt Wisler is trying to close out the season on a strong note after struggling at times for the Atlanta Braves.Ive had my ups and downs this year, he said. Ive shown that I can be really good and Ive shown I can be really bad. Its just a matter of not taking any start for granted.Adonis Garcia drove in three runs, Wisler pitched five-plus innings and Atlanta beat the Washington Nationals 6-2 in a rain-shortened game Sunday.The game was official with two outs in the bottom of the seventh. The two delays totaled 2 hours, 57 minutes.Washington has dropped two straight and needs any combination of six Nationals wins and six New York Mets losses to earn its third NL East title in five years.After a 1-hour, 7-minute delay in the top of the sixth, the Braves scored three runs in the bottom of the inning to make it 6-2 on Garcias two-run single and Freddie Freemans RBI double.Wisler (7-12) allowed two runs, five hits and struck out two in 5 2/3 innings to earn the win.He faced a limited lineup as Nationals manager Dusty Baker gave sluggers Daniel Murphy and Anthony Rendon the day off and used Ryan Zimmerman as a pinch-hitter.Today I thought I came out aggressively, made them put the ball in play, Wisler said. They were swinging kind of early. They werent squaring up a lot of balls like they were the last game (he faced them).Joe Ross (7-5), reinstated from the disabled list after missing 66 games with right shoulder inflammation, took the loss. Ross, on a pitch count, allowed one run and six hits, one run and struck out five in three innings. It was his first start since July 2.Its a welcomed sight to see him back, Nationals manager Dusty Baker said.Ross trailed 1-0 in the second on Jace Petersons RBI single. He gave up three singles to begin the third, but retired the next three batters to escape the jam.Pitched myself into a jam and was able to work out of in the third, Ross said. Felt good, and thats the main thing I was concerned with today. I could have kept pitching, but probably best to keep it to three innings.Reynaldo Lopez took over in the fourth and trailed 3-0 on Dansby Swansons RBI double and Garcias RBI single.Washington made it 3-2 in the sixth. Trea Turner tripled and Jayson Werth doubled off Wisler. After the first delay ended, Bryce Harpers single off Ian Krol scored Werth.Wisler is 3-3 with a 4.83 in five career starts and one relief appearance against Washington.The Nationals went 15-4 against Atlanta this season and 36-13 in the series since June 21, 2014. They played their last game at Turner Field with the NL-worst Braves moving to a new ballpark next year.STILL STREAKINGIn 13 games against Atlanta, Turner hit .475 with five doubles, two triples, six homers, 16 RBI, seven stolen bases and 20 runs scored. ... Freeman went 2 for 3 and has a 22-game hitting streak and has reached safely in 38 straight games. Both are career highs and rank first in the majors among active streaks. ... Braves CF Ender Inciarte went 1 for 3 and leads the majors with 88 hits since the All-Star break.SWOON STOPSHarper ended a stretch of 26 plate appearances without a hit, though he did have nine walks over the span. He had two hits in 29 at-bats over his previous 10 games.UP NEXTWashington RHP A.J. Cole (1-2) is scheduled to make his sixth start and first in his career against Miami. Braves RHP Aaron Blair (0-6) is set to start at the New York Mets. The rookie has an 8.23 ERA in 12 starts and is 0-2 with an 8.04 ERA in three starts against the Mets. Willson Contreras Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. David Ross Jersey . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. http://www.cheapcubsjerseyschina.com/albert-almora-jr-jersey/ .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Cubs Jerseys From China . 1, meaning problems for the doping controls at both major international sports events next year. The World Anti-Doping Agency provisionally suspended the Moscow Antidoping Center on Sunday, saying its operations must improve or a six-month ban on the facilitys accreditation will be imposed. Addison Russell Jersey . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. ARLINGTON, Texas -- The momentum quickly turned for 10th-ranked Texas A&M when Trevor Knight, the quarterback already with two long touchdown runs, had another big play right after a huge defensive stand by the Aggies.Knight hit Josh Reynolds for a 92-yard tiebreaking TD pass two plays after 17th-ranked Arkansas was stopped three times from the 1, ending a 19-play drive that took nearly 10 minutes, and the Aggies went on to a 45-24 victory late Saturday night.A big-time momentum-changer, Knight said.Reynolds caught the ball in stride just short of midfield and quickly shed defensive back DJ Dean on his way to the end zone to break a 17-all tie and put the Aggies (4-0, 2-0 Southeastern Conference) ahead to stay.Texas A&M has won five straight against the Razorbacks (3-1, 0-1), all since joining the SEC in 2012.This game has been something else, Aggies coach Kevin Sumlin said. I was proud of our guys. They hung in there, and it just really showed the maturity of our team tonight.The long catch-and-run by Reynolds came two plays after Keon Hatcher was tackled by Armani Watts for a 5-yard loss on fourth down, ending the drive that started after A&M fumbled from the Arkansas 2.Everybody talks about fourth-down stops, but it took three others to create a fourth-down stop, you know, from closer than that, Sumlin said. So it wasnt just the fourth-down stop. It was the three before it.Quarterback Austin Allen was stopped twice from the 1, though officials reviewed the third-down run before ruling the play stood. One overhead replay showed just how close the ball was to the goal line, with Allens tight end basically pulling him toward the end zone.Ive got to believe that the right call was made, Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said. It took forever. When those reviews take that long, usually its because theyre going to get overturned. Obviously a huge, huge play.Earlier, the Razorbacks had to settle for a field goal after six snaps from the 2 on the same series.Knights 48-yard TD run just before halftime tied the game at 17, after an earlier 42-yard scoring run. He finished with 10 rushes for 159 yards, the last a 62-yarder on third down in the final minute of the game.Were trying to grow with Trevor. I think tonight he struggled early throwing, but he got running, and that was it, Sumlin said. Sommebody asked me what his best stat is, and I said its winning.ddddddddddddTHE TAKEAWAYArkansas: The Razorbacks just squandered too many good chances. Along with that long drive in the third quarter that got them nothing, and the field goal after all the snaps from the 2, Rawleigh Williams fumbled just short of the end zone in the first half when it looked like the Razorbacks were about to go ahead by 10. That was one of three lost fumbles.Texas A&M: At 4-0 for the third straight season, a first since 1939-41, the Aggies finished strong against Arkansas for an emphatic victory after needing overtime to beat Arkansas the last two years. While it remains to be seen if they can truly challenge No. 1 Alabama for the SEC West title, Knight looks comfortable. He also threw for 225 and two scores.AILING AGGIETexas A&M receiver Rickey-Seals Jones suffered an apparent left ankle injury before halftime and was in a walking boot after the game. Sumlin wouldnt comment on his status.TOUGH ALLENAllen stumbled off the field clearly in pain after taking a hard shot on a third-down incompletion midway through the second quarter. The backup quarterback was warming up while Allen was getting tended to for what was called a bruised chest, but the junior quarterback showed his toughness and didnt missed a snap. He completed 28 of 42 passes for 371 yards and two touchdowns.Hes OK. Sore. Hell be real sore tomorrow, Bielema said. Hes a tough guy obviously. I think our guys know that. I appreciate that about him.POLL IMPLICATIONSArkansas: Since there are a pair of two-loss teams below them in the poll, and the Razorbacks at times outplayed a top-10 team, they certainly are good enough to still be ranked, though they likely will drop at least a couple of spots.Texas A&M: The Aggies will stay in the top 10, though there is little room for upward movement because of all the higher-ranked winners.UP NEXTArkansas: Razorbacks head home for their final nonconference game next Saturday against FCS team Alcorn State.Texas A&M: Aggies play away from Kyle Field for the third consecutive week when they go to South Carolina next Saturday.---AP college football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen