to none.They travel well and they com

in Allgemein 21.04.2018 04:02
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Steven Matz is not ready to come off the disabled list, and the New York Mets have scratched him from his scheduled start Thursday night against Miami.The rookie left-hander, sidelined with tightness in his pitching shoulder, said he felt OK after throwing off a mound Sunday but experienced discomfort while playing catch Monday. Jacob deGrom will be moved up a day to start for Matz in the finale of a four-game series between NL wild-card contenders, manager Terry Collins said Tuesday.Tests showed no structural damage in the shoulder, according to Matz and Collins.Just a little irritation. Still bugging me a little bit, dont quite feel I can really let it go yet. Talked to them and the training staff, and that was the decision, just give it some more rest and let it calm down, Matz said. Theres just irritation in the rotator cuff. As far as the medical terms, the doctor said everything structurally looks OK, its just classic impingement, is what I guess you can call it.In other injury-related news, Neil Walker remained out of the lineup for the third consecutive game Tuesday with a stiff back.The second baseman has been to the doctor for tests but Collins was cryptic about Walkers recurring condition, saying he was aware of the diagnosis but wasnt at liberty to reveal it.Collins indicated the team hopes Walker can play Wednesday -- but also said if the switch-hitter returns to the lineup, he will need to monitor and manage his back regularly and wont play five or six days in a row.Theres a lot of concern, Collins said. He wants to wait one more day, which I totally get. The more rest, the better hes going to feel. So lets just see how he is tomorrow.Walker, who can become a free agent after the World Series, has matched his career high with 23 home runs in his first season with the Mets since they acquired him from Pittsburgh in a trade. He was batting .282 with a .347 on-base percentage and 55 RBI.He kind of thinks hes a lot better today and thats why we think tomorrow well know a lot more, Collins said.There was some good news for the Mets: Streaking shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera returned to the starting lineup and hit a two-run homer on the first pitch he saw. It was the 17th home run this season and fourth in 11 at-bats for the reigning NL player of the week.Cabrera left Sundays loss to Philadelphia in the first inning after aggravating a left knee injury that sidelined him twice earlier this year. He struck out as a pinch-hitter Monday night.Matz, who had been pitching with a bone spur in his elbow, said he believes he will return to the mound this season.I think its a day-to-day thing. The doctor believes I can pitch again, with the results and MRI, he said. Its not a surgery-type deal.Matz is 9-8 with a 3.40 ERA in 22 starts and 132 1/3 innings. He took a no-hitter into the eighth inning of his most recent outing, Aug. 14 against San Diego.My arm was feeling great, which was why this is a big disappointment, because I was really feeling really good and a few days after throwing that last game I threw, something just started barking at me and it hasnt really subsided since, he said.Matz said originally it was a curveball that caused him discomfort, but now he simply feels it when throwing.I was able to get my tossing in, but for me to get on the mound and throw a bullpen and tell them Im ready for a game would be unrealistic in my mind, he said.Rookie right-handers Robert Gsellman and Seth Lugo will both remain in the rotation until Matz is ready to return, Collins said.Matz probably wont throw for at least a few days.He needs more rest. He needs to continue some more therapy, Collins said. Were hoping that in a couple days we can throw him over the weekend and see if he can be ready next week.New York added a fresh arm to the bullpen Tuesday, recalling right-hander Logan Verrett from Triple-A Las Vegas. Right-hander Rafael Montero was optioned back to Double-A Binghamton after throwing 100 pitches over five shutout innings in a spot start Monday night. Authentic Royals Jerseys .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. Ian Kennedy Jersey .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. http://www.cheaproyalsjerseyschina.com/ . Just as Montreal was settling into the first full working week of a new year, the Impact announced the appointment of their new head coach. Youth Royals Jerseys . JOHNS, N. Alcides Escobar Jersey .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons.Portsmouth boss Paul Cook is anticipating another tight game when his side travel to Home Park for the second leg of their Sky Bet League Two play-off semi-final against Plymouth Argyle, live on Sky Sports 1 HD from 5.50pm. Cook was sent to the stands during a fiery 2-2 first-leg draw at Fratton Park on Thursday night following an argument with Argyles assistant boss Paul Wotton, but is free to take his place in the dugout on Sunday.The Pompey boss felt Jamille Matt should have been sent off for what appeared to be a head-butt on midfielder Michael Doyle but the Pilgrims striker, who scored twice, has escaped retrospective action. Cook regrets his actions, claiming both parties were extremely out of order, but is now fully focused on reaching the Wembley final.He told Portsmouths official website: The first leg was a competitive, full-blooded affair and we felt we were the better side for large periods of the game. Highlights of the League Two play-off semi-final first leg between Portsmouth and Plymouth Argyle, which ended 2-2 Its not all a case of how good were Pompey because there were spells in the first half where we struggled to deal with Plymouth, but we eventually took control.So I was a little bit disappointed that their manager said he thought they were the better team. I think you should give a fair assessment and it was a bit bewildering.They are a good side and the tie is still very much alive, so we can all very much look forward to the match on Sunday. Were not going to go there and sit behind the ball - I can guarantee that well be involved in a decent game. Jamille Matt scored an impressive bicycle kick at Fratton Park on Thursday I would suggest that its very much 50-50.dddddddddddd Theyll fear and respect us and well fear and respect them. Theres not much between the teams - its very evenly balanced and the margins might be small once again.On-loan Fleetwood forward Matt is available to play in the second leg after the Football Association decided not to act over the incident.He cancelled out Marc McNultys opener with a well-taken brace at Fratton Park, only for Gary Roberts penalty to leave the tie finely poised. After Thursdays game, Matt insisted the first-half flashpoint involving Michael Doyle was just handbags Matt is relishing the return and believes the Green Army can help to get his side to the final.We were all looking forward to the game; we enjoyed the game; it was a great, great atmosphere, he told Argyles official website.I cant put into words how much I enjoy playing in front of these fans. Since I have come here, they have made me feel so welcome, with the lads.Some of the scenes, some of the atmospheres, since I have been here have been second to none.They travel well and they come to support us at Home Park - well see them do it again one more time and Im sure well get over the line. Also See: Sky Live: Plymouth v Portsmouth Cook: Decisions went against us Portsmouth 2-2 Plymouth Argyle WATCH: Matts impossible finish Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen