"It just felt like it was my time to move on,"

in Allgemein 05.01.2020 14:22
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

Jenson Button says he will never get bored of the unique test of skill and concentration presented by Monacos iconic circuit. While the circuit has gained an unwelcome reputation for producing processional racing, the drivers themselves remain adamant that the legendary circuit - arguably the most famous in motorsport - continues to represent the ultimate challenge for man and his machine.Earlier this week, Lewis Hamilton described a lap of the revered 3.4km circuit as one of the purest thrills you can have in a racing car while championship leader Nico Rosberg said Monaco was the most legendary, exciting and challenging event on the calendar - the ultimate drivers track. Those sentiments were echoed by Button - like Hamilton and Rosberg, a Monaco resident - as he prepares for his 17th race at the unique setting.I really enjoy it. When you have a good car underneath you, and the balance is right which you are confident with under braking, there is nothing better than driving around Monaco. It doesnt matter what youre in - or at the front, the middle or the back - the whole way round you are pushing the limits, said Button.F1 Gossip: Vandoorne in, Button out?You are always trying to find that extra thousandth of a second. Its a very special place and a special grand prix. We will never get bored of it and its also very special that it has never changed - and probably will never change. Jenson Button collides with a drain cover after it was dislodged by Nico Rosberg in Practice One of the Monaco GP But while Button added a lot of other circuits can learn from this place, the Englishman was, ironically, the victim in a freak incident during Thursday practice when a loose drain became dislodged and clattered into his McLaren, wrecking the front-wing. It was, nevertheless, an accident which could have had a far worse outcome.It was an incident that we definitely dont want to see again. We were lucky in a way that it only damaged the car, said the former world champion.According to team-mate Fernando Alonso, the incident has reinforced the case for introducing a form of canopy protection in F1 next year.Maybe sometimes its a drain that comes away, sometimes its a bird, sometimes its a mechanical part from another car that can hit yourself, Alonso told Sky Sports News HQ. So this is another reason to come back to the canopy idea. Lets make sure that between all of us, the sport in general, we minimise the risk that will be always there.Watch the Monaco GP live on Sky Sports F1. The race starts at 1pm on Sunday, with build-up underway at 11.30am. Or watch the race without a contract for £6.99 on NOW TV. Also See: F1 gossip: Button out, Vandoorne in? WATCH: Button hits drain cover Jackson Barton Jersey . Didier Drogba gave away the penalty that put Senegal one goal away from a major upset, but the veteran striker will get another chance -- probably his last -- at the World Cup after Salomon Kalous injury-time strike sealed the Ivorians place in Brazil next year. Stone Johnson Jersey . -- Charlie Graham stopped 67 shots as the Belleville Bulls edged the visiting Guelph Storm 6-5 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.customchiefsjersey.com/custom-blake-bell-jersey-large-1656n.html . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. E. J. Holub Jersey . Didier Drogba gave away the penalty that put Senegal one goal away from a major upset, but the veteran striker will get another chance -- probably his last -- at the World Cup after Salomon Kalous injury-time strike sealed the Ivorians place in Brazil next year. Daniel Sorensen Jersey . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. SEPANG, Malaysia -- Mexican driver Sergio Perez is pretty certain which team he will be driving for in the 2017 Formula One season, but stopped short of confirming he will remain with Force India next season.Force India has an option to retain Perez for next season, contingent on a commercial agreement between team, driver and his personal sponsors.Very soon you will have an official announcement, Perez told reporters following Saturdays qualifying session at the Malaysian Grand Prix. I know what I am doing for my future, but I am not in a position yet to confirm it. I am pretty certain what Im doing, so its good.Renault had reportedly inquired about signing Perez for next season. If the Mexican stays with Force India, this will be a significant step in firming up the 20017 driver pairings across the mid-range and smaller teams.dddddddddddd.It increased the likelihood that Renault will retain at least one of its current drivers, Kevin Magnussen or Jolyon Palmer, while the team remained in the market for an experienced team leader.There is a 2017 vacancy at Williams to replace the retiring Felipe Massa, and teammate Valtteri Bottas is also yet to be confirmed. The future of Daniil Kvyat at Toro Rosso remains undecided, and the Sauber and Manor teams will seek drivers on the best commercial terms available.The driver pairings at leading teams Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull will remain unchanged for next season. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen