reprimand he received from the Pac-12 on Tuesday for criticizing o

in Allgemein 21.04.2018 04:28
von riluowanying123 • 2.943 Beiträge

ATLANTA -- The Sacramento Kings snapped a 15-game losing streak to Atlanta at home last season. Now they will try to end their losing ways on the road against the Hawks.The Kings, off to an encouraging 2-1 start under new coach Dave Joerger, start a tough five-game road swing Monday night at Atlanta, where they have dropped nine games in a row.The Kings won their opener at Phoenix, then split their first two games at their new home arena.Sacramento was down by 18 points in the second quarter Saturday night against the Minnesota Timberwolves, but rallied for a 106-103 victory.I think there is a nice difference between being 2-1 and 1-2 and how you feel about yourself, knowing you are going to play your next five in all kinds of different states around the union, Joerger said after the victory. Thats a better feeling getting on the plane.The Hawks improved to 2-0 with an easy 104-72 victory over the 76ers on Saturday in Philadelphia and are a tough team for the Kings to have to open their long road trip against.Sacramento hasnt won in Atlanta since March 3, 2006, but the Kings gave the Hawks a scare last November before falling 103-97.DeMarcus Cousins had 24 points and 12 rebounds in that game, then had 24 points and 16 rebounds as the Kings won 91-88 in January at Sacramento to snap their long overall losing streak to the Hawks.Cousins had 29 points and Rudy Gay scored 28 in the Kings comeback victory over Minnesota.To me, Cousins and Rudy are one of the best one-two punches in the game, said veteran Matt Barnes, who played under Joerger last season at Memphis.Joerger has tightened up the Kings defensively and his offensive imprint is also apparent.There is still some times when we struggle, when we revert to playing isolation basketball, the coach said. What happens is we try to dribble into crowds and then we end up with no play. It just takes time.The Kings are also without Darren Collison, leaving Ty Lawson as the teams only proven point guard. Collison was suspended by the NBA for the first eight games of the season after pleading guilty to domestic abuse.The Hawks have a new look this season as well with the addition of Dwight Howard in the middle and Dennis Schroder running the team instead of Jeff Teague.Howard had 19 rebounds in a victory over Washington in his home debut, but was limited by foul trouble in the easy victory in Philadelphia. Schroder had a career-best 11 assists against the 76ers.Paul Millsap had a shortened training camp after a knee procedure, but he showed no ill effects in the Hawks opening victories, averaging 22.5 points.Hes played very, very well in the first two games, Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said.Millsap was also the key reason that the Hawks kept their winning streak alive against the Kings in Atlanta last season, scoring 23 points and grabbing 16 rebounds.He had to play just 27 minutes during the romp in Philadelphia.I feel pretty good, Millsap said. We are looking at the now, but its more about the later. Keeping me fresh, keeping my healthy through the course of the year. We talked about keeping my minutes low, so when Im out I can put it all out there. Jordan Zimmermann Jersey . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. Kirk Gibson Jersey . The third-ranked Ivanovic, who won the event in 2008 and 10, served five aces and broke Wickmayer, also a former winner in 2009, five times. "The result looked easier than it really was," Ivanovic said. http://www.cheaptigersjerseyschina.com/victor-martinez-jersey/ . P.A. Parenteau scored early in the third period to help the Avs edge Toronto 2-1 on Tuesday night. Cory Sarich also scored for Colorado (3-0-0), which is off to its best ever start. Michael Fulmer Jersey . On Saturday night, the normally free throw-challenged centre did just that. Howard scored 18 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, including 13 of 19 free throws in a 2 1/2-minute stretch, and the Houston Rockets beat the Denver Nuggets 122-111. Willie Horton Jersey .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. LOS ANGELES -- Jim Mora had to release an injury report when he was a head coach in the NFL. He is under no such obligation at UCLA, and that wont change this week with the status of right tackle Kolton Miller uncertain.Miller injured his left leg in the first half of the Bruins 45-24 victory over Arizona last weekend, leaving the Rose Bowl on crutches. The redshirt sophomore was spotted on campus this week in a cast and using a mobility scooter, which could force redshirt freshman Andre James into the starting lineup at Arizona State on Saturday night.I really dont like talking about injuries unless they are very obvious, Mora said. I appreciate that everyone wants to know, but in terms of competitive advantage, it doesnt do us any good if we let our opponent know who is playing and whos not playing, so I hope people can respect that.Mora and quarterback Josh Rosen were pleased with James performance in his first significant action. James had been playing tight end in UCLAs jumbo package, and he was able to build on that experience when Miller went down.To go out on a Saturday in a competitive game -- because it was tight when he went in there -- and to play 33 snaps, it really helped him, Mora said. He is physical. Obviously he lacks a little experience, but just the fact he got those plays and some earlier in the season in the big package has really benefited him.After a sluggish start, UCLA erupted for 31 points in the second half against the Wildcats, but Rosen said there was no secret recipe for the offenses improvement. Instead, it was a byproduct of simple things such as the offensive line blocking better and wide receivers not dropping passes.We just played harder, Rosen said. We just did better.If James does start against the Sun Devils aggreessive defense, Rosen said he wont have to make any changes.dddddddddddd There might be some adjustments with the play-calling to ease the pressure on James, Rosen noted, but that has no impact on how he sees the game.There is one way to read a play against a single coverage, Rosen said. You cant stray from that, regardless of who is in front of you.Arizona State has reduced the frequency with which it blitzes this season in an effort to protect an inexperienced secondary, but that could change if Miller is unable to play. That is the very reason why Mora refuses to disclose or discuss injuries, and would not support the introduction of an injury report mandated by the conference or NCAA.Other schools in the Pac-12 are more open when it comes to injuries. Practices at crosstown rival Southern California are open to the media, and coach Clay Helton offers a brief summary of players status during his sessions with reporters. Arizona releases an injury report every week using designations similar to that of the NFL.The NFL does it for bettors, Mora said. Thats the only reason they release an injury report is for bettors, and I dont think I want to encourage people to bet on college football. If they do, they do, but our job is to try to win, not to provide information to the fans and the teams that may hurt us in our ability to win.Game notes Mora would not comment on the public reprimand he received from the Pac-12 on Tuesday for criticizing officiating in a post-game radio interview after the win over Arizona. Man, my focus is on Arizona State and thats it, Mora said.---AP college football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen