ated to the bench.In key forward selectio

in Allgemein 08.01.2020 14:43
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

Its being billed as the big rematch - a chance for Canadas Womens National Team to settle a score with the United States following their controversial loss against their neighbours at the London Olympics last summer. In reality, Sundays match at BMO Field is more about moving on than looking back. This game will give a sold out crowd the chance to show its appreciation for the bronze medal winners, and the battle will certainly spark many memories of the Old Trafford encounter last August, but most importantly, it is the next step on the road to the 2015 World Cup which will be hosted here in Canada. By the time 2015 rolls around, the squad will have a much different look to the one that played at the Summer Games, and the clash with the United States is the next stage in its evolution. While some faces are new many remain the same, including the star of the team, Christine Sinclair. The 29-year-olds achievements at the Olympics - where she finished as the tournaments top goal-scorer and carried the countrys flag at the closing ceremony – lifted her to legendary status amongst Canadian athletes. As the teams captain, Sinclair now has a slightly different role as a largely veteran squad gets a much younger flavour. "I think back when I was 16 coming into the national team and how some of the veteran players helped me," she told me when we met at the teams downtown Toronto hotel. "It is all about calming your nerves. Its your first time playing in front of large crowds, or first time playing at home. Its reminding them theres a reason why they are here, they are tremendous soccer players, and just go out and play as best you can. This is not the World Cup - its a learning step for us. We know come the World Cup if we want to win it we will have to beat the Americans and we need to learn how, and this is what Sunday is all about." Beating the Americans is easier said than done. Canadas squad of players for this game is not as strong as it was when the teams met in Manchester 10 months ago. Coach John Herdman has been very clear when talking about where this team is at. While beating the U.S. would be sweet revenge, Sinclair acknowledges the most important thing is to continue laying a foundation for the program from which the team can build towards 2015 and beyond. "John is going to develop the youth. He wants there to be a streamline of youth players to the national team. The team that represented Canada at the Olympics was a veteran team and he blatantly said that there are going to be players on the London team that wouldnt be at the World Cup just because of sheer age. "Weve got a lot of young players in camp right now, the one who stands out is Kadeisha Buchanan who is just a tremendous player. I cant wait for Canada to get to see her play on Sunday. Its going to change. Weve got a couple of years before the World Cup actually happens and players will rotate in and well see who is playing the best in a couple of years." Despite the World Cup still being two years away, its not just matters of on-pitch preparation that have been in the spotlight lately. All matches in Canada will be played on turf pitches rather than grass. Its something the United States players have openly complained about with the loudest opponent being striker Abby Wambach. "I think everybody is entitled to their opinions," said Sinclair. "I would prefer every game of mine to be played on grass, it is how the game is meant to be played. However, FIFA wouldnt have offered Canada the opportunity to host the World Cup had the facilities not been up to standard. I know the CSA will do an incredible job. Both teams have to play on the fields. Ive played on many of the stadium fields we are going to play in and its going to be fine." While Sundays match at BMO Field is on a much smaller scale, it will give the players a taste of what is to come in 2015. The chance to play in a full stadium in front of the home fans will make it a special occasion. "Sitting here right now, Im just excited," she said. "It has been a long time since we have played at home in front of a packed house, not to mention bringing the Americans in. Im just excited to see a sea of red cheering for us and making the environment as hard for them as possible. We dont get this opportunity very often. It is going to be one of the few opportunities we have to bring, I think, the best team in the world to Canada, and we should embrace it." Yeezy 700 Hospital Blue Outlet . Those lessons were more than enough to overwhelm the Utah Jazz. Lou Williams scored 25 points and the Hawks continued their offensive upswing as they rolled to an easy 118-85 victory over the Jazz on Friday night, winning their third straight and for the fourth time in five games. Fake Yeezy 350 V2 . The news was first reported on Gonzalezs Twitter account and confirmed by the Rockies. Gonzalez has a six-week window before position players have their first workout at spring training in Arizona. http://www.yeezy700outlet.com/discount-yeezy-700-vanta-online.html . Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. Yeezy 350 V2 Outlet . Dusautoir, the former World Player of the Year, sustained a torn bicep playing for Toulouse in the Heineken Cup on Saturday. The flanker, who has played 65 times for France, is expected to be out for up to four months. Wholesale Yeezy . Blackwood, 28, has played the last three seasons in the San Diego Padres system, including the past two summers with Class AA San Antonio of the Texas League. Wallabies coach Michael Cheika has reunited Rugby World Cup final starting halves Bernard Foley and Will Genia for the Bledisloe Cup and Rugby Championship-opening Test against the All Blacks in Sydney.Genia has also named Genias fellow France-based veterans Adam Ashley-Cooper, on the wing, and inside centre Matt Giteau after missing Australias 3-0 series loss to England in June.Dane Haylett-Petty, a standout during that series defeat by England, retaind a spot opposite Ashley-Cooper, with vice-captain Rob Horne relegated to the bench.In key forward selections, Cheika pulled a surprise by naming Western Force back-rower Ben McCalman at blindside flanker ahead of Scott Fardy who is on the bench.Ive made those selections because I think theyll add to the type of game that well play on Saturday, Cheika said.I dont think its a straight comparison like that.[Fardy] has been in the team for a fair while now and Bens been putting pressure on at different times and every time he steps out to play for Australia.dddddddddddd.You know what youre going to get and I think thats him as a character so well be looking for him to show his character on Saturday.Hes earned the opportunity.David Pocock returns at No.8 after missing the final two Tests against England through injury.Wallabies: Israel Folau, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Tevita Kuridrani, Matt Giteau, Dane Haylett-Petty, Bernard Foley, Will Genia, David Pocock, Michael Hooper, Ben McCalman, Scott Fardy, Rob Simmons, Kane Douglas, Sekope Kepu, Stephen Moore (captain), Scott Sio. Replacements: Tatafu Polota-Nau, James Slipper, Allan Alaalatoa, Dean Mumm, Scott Fardy, Nick Phipps, Matt Toomua, Rob Horne. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen