and he showed why he’s still a fierce defe

in Bewerbungen 09.01.2020 03:11
von elaine95 • 211 Beiträge

ALLEN PARK Ricky Jean Francois Jersey White , Mich. (AP)Bob Quinn has spent two years reshaping the Detroit Lions‘ roster and staff, bringing in players and coaches he knew from their years together with the New England Patriots.The Lions have won nine games in each of the past two seasons, which wasn’t enough for Jim Caldwell to keep his job. Quinn believes they will be drafting from a position of strength.”With the way the roster is today, I don’t think I’m in a position to reach for any position of so-called need,” Quinn insisted. ”I’m not eliminating any position.”The Lions would stun everyone if they took a quarterback No. 20 overall Thursday night with many millions invested in Matthew Stafford, or a wide receiver with more than a few options on the team. They could justify bolstering coach Matt Patricia’s first team at any other position, especially defensive end and offensive guard.UP FRONTThe Lions were last in the league in rushing and have been among the NFL’s worst offensively on the ground in recent years. Even if they made a bold move to trade up and select Penn State running back Saquon Barkley, it may not matter if the offensive line doesn’t improve. There seem to be four solid blockers: tackles Taylor Decker and Ricky Wagner, guard T.J. Lang and center Graham Glasgow. The team’s fifth option, Wesley Johnson, isn’t likely an attractive option; the New York Jets didn’t want to re-sign him.That may all add up to Detroit drafting a guard or center in the first round.”I have no problem taking an interior offensive lineman,” Quinn said.ON THE EDGEDetroit desperately needs help at defensive end because Ezekiel Ansah is playing on a franchise tag, possibly in his last year with the team. Quinn plans to make picks based on what the team will need up to 18 months away.”We kind of look that far, knowing that guys are going to be unrestricted free agents after this year, but also the following year,” Quinn said. ”There’s a really good balance there that we have to talk about and kind of envision our needs not just for today, but in the years ahead.”The other options at defensive end such as Anthony Zettel and Kerry Hyder Matthew Stafford Jersey , who missed all of last season with an Achilles tendon injury, don’t generate much excitement.MAYBE LATERQuinn may choose a running back in a later round, hoping to find a flyer. He did add another former Patriot, LeGarrette Blount, to the position to compete with Ameer Abdullah and Theo Riddick.”If we had to go play a football game today, I think we have enough running backs to be competitive,” Quinn said.SAME PAGEPatricia is an NFL head coach for the first time entering the draft, but he has a lot of experience with Quinn because they worked together with the Patriots for a dozen years.”I had heard about Matt from Bob for two years before we had the chance to meet,” Lions president Rod Wood said, sitting between Quinn and Patricia at a season ticket holders gathering. ”I told him recently, `I think he undersold him, and he was selling him.’ The relationship is strong, the language they speak, the trust. The ability I think to build the team through kind of one long-term vision of what we’re going to be about.”This is probably the first time I’ve sat between them since they’ve been in town. They’re together all the time.”HITS, MISSES AND BARGAINSDetroit appeared to reach for tight end Eric Ebron at No. 10 overall in 2014. This offseason, the team acknowledged the mistake when it cut him. The Lions would have been better off with any of the players taking immediately after Ebron: offensive tackle Taylor Lewan, receiver Odell Beckham Jr. Womens Kerryon Johnson Jersey , and defensive tackle Aaron Donald. Quinn landed a late-round gem last season, selecting All-Pro punt returner Jamal Agnew in the fifth round.— Another loss, another tough week to find the silver lining. The Detroit Lions don’t appear to be progressing much, and it’s harder to get excited about individual performances when even the best players on the team are talking about how horribly they played.But despite the disheartening loss to the Chicago Bears, we must hand out our Game Ball. It is our duty to hand out meaningless, theoretical hardware. Here are the Game Ball standings prior to the Bears game.(First place in voting receives three points, second place gets two, and third place gets one)Game Ball standings through Week 9:Kenny Golladay - 9.5Kerryon Johnson - 7Damon Harrison Sr. - 5Darius Slay - 3.5Devon Kennard - 3Golden Tate - 3Da’Shawn Hand - 3Matthew Stafford - 3Marvin Jones Jr. - 3Frank Ragnow - 2Quandre Diggs - 2Michael Roberts - 2Romeo Okwara - 1Matt Prater - 1Onto this week’s candidate:Damon Harrison Sr.Stats: 6 solo tackles (1 TFL)Perhaps the only real positive to take from Sunday’s game was that the Lions’ run defense finally put up the statistical performance that we knew they were capable of since “Snacks” was added. Harrison once again led the charge with a team-high six tackles.As a crew, the Lions held a Bears team that was averaging over 4.4 yards per carry and 128 rushing yards per game to just 54 rushing yards at 2.5 YPC. This was the seventh best run offense by DVOA standards, so this was truly an impressive performance.Kerryon JohnsonStats: 14 rushes, 51 yards, 1 TD; 6 catches, 38 yards, 1 TDSure, the rookie’s fumble was costly for Detroit, but for the rest of the game Johnson showed why he can be electric. With rushing lanes few and far between, Johnson made the first defender miss almost every single time he touched the ball. He was a first down machine Michael Roberts Jersey , and although he didn’t hit 4.0 YPC, I think it’s fair to say he had an efficient game on the ground, all other factors considered. Quandre DiggsStats: 3 tackles, 1 pass defendedOn a day in which the Lions secondary was truly awful, even a mediocre performance stands out. Diggs was clearly the most talented defensive back on the field for Detroit and he showed why he’s still a fierce defender is the run and short passing game: He also had a nice pass breakup in the end zone, which was one of just two on the day for the entire Lions defense.Kenny GolladayStats: 6 catches (13 targets), 70 yards, TDWith Golden Tate gone, it’s starting to look like Kenny Golladay will assume the majority of targets—not Marvin Jones Jr. Golladay wasn’t particularly efficient with his looks, but he did make a couple of really nice grabs on Sunday, including this one: Matt PraterStats: 1/1 FG (52 yarder), 1/1 XPPrater lost the “How many times can you hit the upright?” contest 4-0, but a 52-yard field goal at Soldier Field is no easy task, and he deserves some props.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen