e only hit he gave up was Romines

in Allgemein 09.01.2020 15:02
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

Jos Buttler belted a superb 66 not out as England cruised past defending champions Sri Lanka to qualify for Wednesdays World Twenty20 semi-final against New Zealand. Ahead of that clash - live on Sky Sports 2 from 1.30pm - he sat down with Rob Key to provide an insight into the secrets of his destructive batting...I like to try and be ahead of a run-a-ball straight away and then you feel under less pressure when you do face a dot ball. Buttler gives his top tips on how to bat in the T20 format It doesnt always happen but that always settles me down, even if its just eight off five or something like that.You might face a bowler you fancy. Some sides have a gun bowler at the end, who you might try to get a big over before he comes on.You might have to pick a time or an over against someone - you might get a feeling - especially on these wickets. Myself and Eoin [Morgan] always feel at the back end that if we are there in those last four or five overs, then we are going to be in good shape if we bat for most of those without taking undue risks.Theres always a balance - thats one-day and Twenty20 cricket, weighing up how much risk is in certain shots and then when is the time to really try and hit boundaries every ball.Watch England take on New Zealand live on Sky Sports 2 from 1.30pm Wednesday, on Sky Sports 2. Before then dont miss Englands Women in semi-final action against Australia, from 9.30am on Sky Sports 2. Get a Sky Sports Day Pass Watch England v New Zealand for £6.99 with NOW TV. No contract Also See: Fixtures/results Live cricket on Sky Get Sky Sports Cricket videos Air Max 97 Gialle . Datsyuk will miss Tuesdays game against New Jersey and could be sidelined longer, while Cleary will likely miss at least the next three games. Its been an injury-plagued season for Datsyuk, who has suited up for just 39 games. Air Max 97 Ultra Confetti . They had already blown a double-digit lead, fans were hitting the exits, and a long seven-game road trip waited at the end. http://www.airmax97outlet.it/scontate-air-max-97-pink-corduroy.html . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. Air Max 97 Rosa Outlet . It just didnt show when he hit the ice. Berra made 42 saves and Kris Russell scored at 1:32 of overtime, lifting the Calgary Flames to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday night. Air Max 97 2020 . The 43-year-old closer, in his 19th and final big league season, has said hed like to play the outfield. Yankees manager Joe Girardi says hes thinking about allowing Rivera to do it this weekend, when the Yankees finish their season with a three-game series at the Houston Astros. HOUSTON -- In its first test since star closer Aroldis Chapman was traded, the New York Yankees bullpen came through just fine.Austin Romine hit a tiebreaking double in the eighth inning to make a winner of Michael Pineda, and the Yankees held off the Houston Astros 2-1 on Monday night.Hours after New York shipped Chapman to the Chicago Cubs, All-Star relievers Dellin Betances and Andrew Miller closed out Houston to help the fourth-place Yankees (51-48) move three games above .500 for the first time this season.Youre not asking a young kid to maybe step into something that hes never done before, manager Joe Girardi said. We still have a lot of experience down there; the bridge becomes very important. Obviously we didnt need it tonight, but that becomes very important.Betances struck out the side in the eighth before Miller, back in the ninth-inning role following Chapmans departure, earned his eighth save. The fired-up lefty pumped his fist when he got Carlos Gomez to ground into a game-ending double play with two on.A frustrated Gomez spiked his helmet and kicked at the ground after he was out at first base.Obviously, hes pretty good at what he does, so were going to have to find a way to fill the hole that he leaves, Miller said about Chapman. Weve got talented guys who are capable of stepping up, and its up to them to do it. I think they will.Pineda (5-9) pitched seven strong innings to beat Yankees nemesis Dallas Keuchel (6-10), last years AL Cy Young Award winner.I didnt want to make any mistakes because I knew this team is aggressive for the first pitch, Pineda said. I threw my best pitch for the first pitch.George Springer hit a leadoff homer and Luis Valbuena had three hits for Houston, which had won four straight. Top prospect Alex Bregman went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts in his major league debut.Romines double to deep center field scored Chase Headley, who singled to start the eighth.Hes done a really good job all around, Girardi said about Romine. This is a kid thats really persevered. Hes really fought to get to this spot and hes had a really good year.Headley singled in the fifth to drive in Didi Gregorius, tying it at 1.Pineda allowed five hits and struck out eight in his second straighht solid outing after throwing six scoreless innings Wednesday against Baltimore.ddddddddddddhe big right-hander retired 14 of 15 during one stretch, but ran into trouble in the sixth. He loaded the bases with two outs before Bregman flied out to the right-field warning track.Springers fifth leadoff home run of the year was the 11th for the Astros this season, surpassing the previous club record of 10 set in 2001.Keuchel gave up two runs and six hits with five strikeouts in 7 2/3 innings. He has allowed two runs or fewer in four straight starts.The left-hander retired 13 of his first 14 batters. The only hit he gave up was Romines single in the third until Gregorius double in the fifth.I felt like today was the first time even through this whole stretch that I was able to command both sides of the plate, Keuchel said. Fastballs to both sides. The only thing lacking were a few sliders to Romine.BIG DEALChapman was sent to the Cubs for pitcher Adam Warren and three minor league prospects.TRAINERS ROOMAstros: INF Marwin Gonzalez sat out after spraining his left ankle in the fifth inning Sunday. Hes doing OK, manager A.J. Hinch said. We are keeping him out of some baseball activities to monitor his ankle. Well give him the day off, but I would really like him to play tomorrow if hes capable.A-ROD OPTIMISTICYankees DH Alex Rodriguez was out of the lineup for a third straight game. Rodriguez, who is 4 for 31 with one home run in July, is batting .206 this season with nine home runs and 29 RBI, but hes optimistic after speaking to the Yankees sabermetrics department. Theres no question that for the first two months, my mechanics were out of whack, Rodriguez said. I think I found something, and Im excited to put it into play.UP NEXTYankees: LHP CC Sabathia (5-8) will start his 18th game of the season Tuesday. Sabathia has allowed 31 runs -- 29 earned -- in his last 35 innings, spanning six starts.Astros: RHP Doug Fister (10-6) will make his 20th start of the season and look to follow up one of his best outings of the year when he threw seven scoreless innings Wednesday at Oakland. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen