ll allow him the opportunity to concentrate on be

in Allgemein 09.01.2020 15:03
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

I anchor SportsCenter late on Saturdays and Sundays. I usually get to sleep around 4 a.m. on both nights. This past Sunday I woke up at 11 a.m. (I average 4-6.5 hours of sleep a night) and saw the following tweet:Bob works for the Elias Sports Bureau. (Patrik Elias has no known connection with Elias as far as you know.)This is not a surprise. Scoring will never be what it was before, and the reasons are clear:1. The skating pool is only getting quicker and deeper.Everyone skates so well that time and space continue to dwindle. A potential scoring play is often broken up by an outreached stick from a player able to close quickly. The world is training players better and at a younger age, which has resulted in a deep pool of speed and agility. Also, improved and safer equipment, along with coaches and teammates demanding defense, has resulted in an epidemic of shot blocking.Possible solution: I really believe making all power plays 4-on-3 is one way that wouldnt offend (some) or dent the traditions of the game that some understandably hold dear. This would allow for more time and space, possibly less shot blocking and a higher power-play percentage. What it also would do is allow for occasional 3-on-3 time when the team on the power play takes a penalty. Also, when a power play ends, you have 4-on-4 time until the next whistle. This would allow just a few more opportunities of open ice for players to make plays without getting stick-checked or a shot-blocked.2. Goalies are only getting better with a deeper pool.This has been going on for a few years, but there are hordes of goaltending talent on the way. Goalies are getting coached at a very young age by very good coaches. They understand playing the odds to increase the chances of the puck hitting them, they have sound and smart positioning, and they know how to train for agility. Add hockey sense, size and natural athleticism, and it is hard to score goals from high school on up.Possible solution: Goalies have to remain safe and the equipment must offer full protection. However, there is room to make equipment smaller. You cant pour Cinnamon and Spice Instant Oatmeal in the crease to slow down the goalies, so the only answer to boost offense just a little would be a larger net to shoot at.3. The net remains the same size.Goalies are bigger and better. Equipment is bigger and safer, eliminating the fear factor goalies had until around the mid-1990s. When offense suffered, baseball lowered the mound and made ballparks a little smaller. Football rewrote pass interference. Basketball eliminated hand checking and added the 3-point line. This made it more difficult to defend. Hockey hasnt done this. They dont think offense. They think defense. For some reason, thinking offense in hockey makes you a freak.Possible solution: Following through on pledges of smaller equipment would increase the open net area by a little, as stated above. But if there is a hesitance to do that because of possible injury, then just increase the size of the net a fraction. It would mean that those posts and crossbars you hear would turn into goals. Why is this so offensive? The game is nothing like it was in the 1930s, 40s, 50s, 60s, etc. Records never really matter much because the game changes so much over time.Yes, the game of hockey is fine. I love watching it on TV and I love going to games. I actually think the lower scoring and lack of fighting and big open-ice hits has hurt the at-the-game experience more than the TV experience. Today, you can attend a game that is 2-1 or 3-2 with no fights, no open-ice hits and few get-out-of-your-seat moments.Many games are saved or extremely augmented by the hair-on-fire 3-on-3 experience. Those overtimes are all offense, instinct and no overcoaching to put a drag on the excitement. I would just like to re-create those moments a little bit more during regulation and get a little more offense in the game. What is wrong with more 6-4 games? Thats basically a 42-28 football game. Is that an obscene football score?Competition for entertaining continues to grow. We want our game to be fun, to be talked about, to have a strong word-of-mouth essence. We want it to matter and have the great talent to shine on a nightly basis.Thats it. My yearly Lets get more offense blogumn.As you were. As I was. Air Force 1 Doernbecher . The Browns coaching search remains incomplete. Air Force 1 Basse Italia . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. http://www.airforce1outletitalia.it/ . Shot outdoors against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs tonight at 8pm et/5pm pt on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. Air Force 1 Mid Uomo . Only three players drafted by NHL clubs were included on the Czech selection camp roster on Wednesday. Those players were Dallas Stars 2012 first-rounder Radek Faksa, Winnipeg Jets 2013 fourth-rounder Jan Kostalek and Phoenix Coyotes 2012 seventh-rounder Marek Langhamer. Air Force 1 Mid Just Do It . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91.Long-jump world champion Greg Rutherford has pulled out of the World Indoor Championships as he continues his recovery from a chest infection and minor hamstring problem. The Olympic gold medalist will not travel to Portland for the Championships, which take place between March 17-20, with the Rio Olympics this summer his main focus for the year.It is the latest blow to Rutherfords Rio preparations after he was forced to miss last months British Indoor Championships and Glasgow Grand Prix. He had started the year in encouraging form after jumping 8.26m in Albuquerque to lie second in the world rankings. Rutherford will not travel to the World Indoor Championships British Athletics Performance Director Neil Black said: Greg is really disappointed not to be able to compete in Portland, but his body reacted harder than expected to this weeks training.Defending the Olympic title is obviously Gregs main focus for 2016, so he has sensibly decided not to take any risks and to end his indoor season here.ddddddddddddhis will allow him the opportunity to concentrate on being in the best shape possible going into the outdoor season and ultimately Rio. Lewis: Athletics is dying Carl Lewis says the standard of competition in the event is at an all-time low GB team for World Indoor Championships in Portland, March 17-20:Men60m - James Dasaolu, Andrew Robertson1500m - Charlie Grice, Chris OHare3,000m - Lee Emanuel, Tom Farrell60m hurdles - Lawrence ClarkeHigh jump - Chris Baker, Robbie GrabarzLong jump - Dan Bramble, Women60m - Dina Asher-Smith, Asha Philip800m - Lynsey Sharp, Adelle Tracey3,000m - Josephine Moultrie, Steph Twell60m hurdles - Tiffany Porter, Serita SolomonHigh jump - Isobel PooleyLong jump - Shara Proctor, Lorraine UgenPentathlon - Morgan Lake Also See: Lewis: Athletics is dying Russian response irks Radcliffe ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen