ked as an intern at an anti-aging clinic.In the D

in Allgemein 12.01.2020 14:20
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

With the new season just a day away, Sky Sports Speedway expert Nigel Pearson analyses the winter business in the Elite League and looks at what the season has in store for all eight clubs. Belle Vue Aces are a very solid looking side and they are in my top four straight away, they are play-off material no doubt about that. They will take a few weeks to settle in, there will be no home track advantage in the short term with the new stadium, which is a huge bonus for British speedway for a famous club like Belle Vue to finally have a new stadium after all of these years talking about it, its a fantastic achievement. On the track I like the look of their team. Theyve got a good spearhead in Matej Zagar who is naturally a world class rider. He was one of the last riders to be announced so I had my worries that Zagar wouldnt be back at Belle Vue, only as he was one of the last to be announced and Im delighted he is back. Scotty (Nicholls) is a very solid reliable scorer, he will get you points wherever you go. Theres the Worrall boys (Steve and Richie), Ive worked with Steve myself, hes a class act. For me, Max Fricke is one of the most young talented riders in the Elite League and if he keeps his nose clean and steers clear of injury I see no reason why he cant become a Grand Prix rider in the future. I like the look of the side, top four material and possibly grand final material. Belle Vues new home: The National Speedway Stadium Coventry Bees have got what it takes to be pushing for a play-off spot. I admire Jason Garrity for going up a level into the main body of the team. His time has come and hes a fantastic rider to watch. If you know he is coming to your local track, youre thinking yeah Ill pay money to watch that, hes terrific to watch. Chris Harris is a solid campaigner and Ive got huge respect that he keeps proving the critics wrong by qualifying for the Grand Prix year after year and hes a huge favourite at Coventry and will score plenty of points. Theres a big uncertainty over the new Polish rider Kacper Woryna but they have the potential to challenge for a play-off place and they need (Krzysztof) Kasprzak to fire. He is a great enigma of the sport, if he does not fire they wont win the league title, if he does they might have a shout. Jason Garrity makes the step up from reserve For the Kings Lynn Stars, I think Robert Lambert will make the step up again, hes a naturally talented speedway rider and Im delighted to see him riding in the Elite League and also for Great Britain in the World Cup. Hes a great talent and we should celebrate that talent as a nation without putting too much pressure on him, hes a key member of the team. (Troy) Batchelor on his day is a class rider. On the Grand Prix stage those days did not happen often enough but I saw him in Copenhagen in the last Parken Grand Prix and he went through the card, winning six races and just missing out in the final, thats what he is capable of doing. Hes going back to his roots in many ways by going back to Kings Lynn; he knows the track, the club and the people there. (Niels-Kristian) Iversen you know what you are going to get from him in the first six weeks of the season.If Batchelor is 100% fit when he comes back and ready to go I expect him to slot in and maybe where youll get a ten point score from Iversen, Batchelor on his day is capable of an eight or a nine. I know Keith Chapman has had concerns about his team building but hes done a pretty good job and Kings Lynn will be tough to beat around the Adrian Flux Arena and I like the balance of the side. It was a surprise when they went for the German rider (Kai) Huckenbeck, because I thought when Bjarne Pedersen left Lakeside in controversial circumstances that perhaps Kings Lynn would make a move for him but obviously theyd gone so far down the line with Huckenbeck and have signed him. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to British speedway.They will be tough to beat around their own track, a lot will depend on how (Rory) Schlein comes back from his serious back injury, a very brave move to come back into the sport and a lot will depend on how Batchelor comes back from his injury and how the German slots in, so theres a few unknowns where they are concerned. Robert Lambert produced one of the rides of 2015 for Kings Lynn Lakeside Hammers could have their End of Season awards night in April last year because their season was over, so a much better start is needed this season. Obviously I have spoken to Kelvin (Tatum) a lot about Lakeside and I know he is looking forward to working in the background with riders and the Hagon Shocks Academy, working with the youngsters.Robert Mear returns to the sport and Ive seen him claim some major scalps around Lakeside and he has still taken occasional laps on a bike even though he has sat out the sport. I know Martin Hagon has supplied him with machines to make his comeback, so I see no reason why he cant do well around Purfleet. Lewis Bridger also returns to the sport and I dont know how that one will work out. Hes a naturally talented rider and hes good to watch especially around a track like Lakeside. Jon Cook has followed him since he started at Weymouth and Eastbourne and has been there working with him and if anyone can make Bridger tick it will be Jon Cook and Kelvin Tatum.Kelvin insisted on meeting Bridger and virtually giving him a job interview before recruiting him into the side as they wanted to be absolutely certain and he came through with flying colours. If Bridger gets it right and Mear comes back well you know AJ (Andreas Jonsson) will score you points at the top end and riders like Edward Kennett will breeze around Lakeside. If they can go through the card at home and have 14 unbeaten home meetings, theyll be in the play-offs, their away form is their Achilles heel. Lewis Bridger returns to speedway for the Hammers Leicester Lions losing Jason Doyle for 2016 was a blow and its a major concern at Leicester that riders do not last a season, Mikkel Michelsen and Bjarne Pedersen to name but two and the Saturday race night has not helped them. I know for a fact that Krzysztof Kasprzak could have ended up with Leicester if they were not a Saturday night track, there are riders that will not go there as it is a Saturday evening , thats their decision and it is their business. Theyve built a side to try and win home meetings, that is clear, and they will hope to get a surprise or two on the road.Theyve made alterations to the track, its disappointing they didnt get the shape of the track right from a blank piece of paper. How they did not get that right from the start, goodness only knows and they are altering it already within a few years of opening. Hopefully it will have the desired effect and we will see some good speedway and the fans will back their team in big numbers but I dont expect them to be challenging for the play-offs, but it would be nice to see them spring a surprise or two and maybe be the spoilers of the Elite League. Patrick Hougaard returns to Leicester Lions Poole Pirates have been very clever in the way they have built their team. Krzyzstof Buczkowski was a signing that caused a lot of controversy and came under the microscope from a lot of other jealous clubs who did not like it and challenged it. Matt Ford did his homework and Neil Middleditch did his homework. He has come into their team and was available to every other club but Poole spotted that he was not included on the heat leader list, which was an oversight from other clubs, as he should have been but wasnt. Poole signed him knowing they could sign (Chris) Holder, (Davey) Watt and (Hans) Andersen as heat leaders as Buczkowski was left off the list. Im a bit disappointed to still see Kyle Newman as a draft rider because hes proved he has the ability to mix it with the top five, but now that these riders are to receive averages Im sure well see him move out of the reserve berth quickly in any case.With Jason Garrity having moved up, Kyle is the top reserve in the league so its incredible that hes only ranked sixth on the draft list, based on Premier League performances, enabling Poole to also sign a strong second reserve in Adam Ellis. So that is two mistakes from the promoters, Poole have taken full advantage and who can blame them? For me, this makes them untouchable around Wimborne Road, they are definite play-off material and people wont like me saying this but they have a standout team that will take some stopping for a fourth title on the trot.They are my tip for the title. I will also add they made a big play straight off for Hans Andersen and if he can get back to his best then youve got him, Watt and Holder and for me youre looking at number one riders there, theres class in every position. Hans Andersen was the first name signed up for the Pirates As for Swindon Robins, I was very impressed at how quickly they snapped up Rohan Tungate after Dakota North unfortunately made himself unavailable due to his fathers health issues. Tungate has been a vital part of Pooles success in the Elite League in the past. They are going to rely heavily on the Aussie team spirit factor and if they can do that and click as a unit then theyll take some stopping around the Abbey.In terms of away from home only time will tell. (Jason) Doyle is a good number one, he is fifth in the world, hes come of age and has been a late developer if you like but he is one of the best riders in the world now and its good for them to have him back. Thats a good spearhead, they lost Leigh Adams as a spearhead and obviously had Darcy Ward there for ten meetings last year and he did a phenomenal job there for Swindon and I know that Alun Rossiter has said its been an honour and a privilege to have Darcy wear the Swindon colours, albeit for a short period of time.Swindon thrive on an out and out number one and theyve got that in Doyle now. Nick Morris can still step up a level or two in my opinion, hes got great potential and Justin Sedgmen is back at a club he knows, its a big year for him and it will be interesting to see how he does. If they all click theres no reason why they cant be there or there abouts, Im not saying they will be definite top four but theyll be knocking on the door. Jason Doyle made the winter switch to Swindon There was a general acceptance that there needed to be a new look Wolverhampton Wolves this year. Freddie Lindgren on his average and status on the heat leader list was too good to turn down. It was a ridiculous average for a rider like him. On his day he is a fantastic rider its just his day did not come often enough last year . I like Sam Masters, he was a wildcard at the Melbourne GP last year and did well and will freshen the place up.Joonas Kylmakorpi is big friends with Lindgren, they live in the same area of Andorra and spent a lot of the winter training together, so theres a good cohesion there between those two. Jacob Thorssell has got big potential and its a big year for him, if hes going to make it as a world class rider, this is the year he has to make the breakthrough.Mikkel Bech on his day around Monmore Green is unstoppable, hes got a great record there as a Lakeside rider and I think hell be happy there. Pretty much like Lakeside if Wolverhampton can go unbeaten in all their home meetings then they have a chance of reaching the play-offs but I dont think theyve got enough to challenge for the league title. Freddie Lindgren was snapped up on a low average for Wolves Pearsons Table1.Poole (champions in play-offs)2.Belle Vue3.Coventry4.Wolves5. Kings Lynn6. Swindon7. Lakeside8. LeicesterMan to watch: Krzyzstof Kasprzak, hes a key man to watch because he holds the key to Coventrys play-off hopes. Krzysztof Kasprzak holds the key to Coventrys season Youngsters to watch: Max Fricke and Robert Lambert are both young, exciting and entertaining riders to watch and I expect them to have a big year. Belle Vues Max Fricke has a bright future ahead Calgary Flames Shirts . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. Cheap Flames Jerseys . -- Playing time has been limited for Maxim Tissot this season, so the Montreal Impact defender made the most of his first scoring opportunity on Saturday. https://www.cheapflames.com/ .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your book. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. Calgary Flames Pro Shop . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. Flames Jerseys China .J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz will miss the rest of the season after having surgery on his left knee. NEW YORK -- NFL stars James Harrison, Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers can start the regular season without having the specter of a league investigation over whether they used performance-enhancing drugs hanging over their heads.The NFL cleared all three players on Wednesday, saying there was no credible evidence the players were guilty of any of the claims made in a documentary by Al-Jazeera America in January.An NFL statement said the investigation involved witness interviews, a review of relevant records and other materials, electronic research, and laboratory analysis and review.The league threatened Harrison, Matthews, Peppers and free agent Mike Neal with indefinite suspensions if they did not meet with investigators.All of them were mentioned in an Al-Jazeera television interview with Charlie Sly, who worked as an intern at an anti-aging clinic.In the December report, Sly made claims of PED use by several athletes, including Harrison, Peyton Manning and the three others, but later recanted his claims.NFLPA attorney Heather McPhee sent a letter to the NFL earlier this month of accusing it of trying to bully and publicly shame Harrison without offering evidence beyond a brief mention in the Al-Jazeera interview.ddddddddddddMcPhees letter said Harrison would meet with the NFL at 5 p.m. Aug. 30 at the teams facility, and would only discuss the portion of the Al-Jazeera interview that mentioned the 14-year veteran.The five-time Pro Bowl linebacker initially insisted NFL commissioner Roger Goodell come to Harrisons house to conduct the interview in person, though he later backed off. Harrison eventually met with the NFL before the league-mandated deadline, as did Matthews and Peppers.Harrison tweaked the findings of the investigation on Twitter and Instagram late Wednesday.Its only breaking news cause you thought I was guilty, Harrison tweeted. I have my fathers name and I have WORKED for EVERYTHING I have since DAY ONE.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen