"The match was still in my mind, what was good and

in Allgemein 13.01.2020 13:57
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

Spain took a 2-0 lead in the World Group playoff tie against India after Feliciano Lopez defeated Ramkumar Ramanathan 6-4, 6-4,3-6, 6-1 before David Ferrer saw off Saketh Myneni 6-1, 6-2, 6-1 the first two singles matches at the RK Khanna stadium in New Delhi on Friday.Lopez had replaced Nadal after the latter suffered from stomach pain and a blister on his foot just before the match.In their first ever singles meeting, world number 203 Ramkumar was the first to serve and held comfortably in the first game of the match. Lopez, who is ranked 26th in the world, struggled in his first service game before managing to hold serve after a big serve.Lopez, 34, had a 5-8 singles record in the Davis Cup going into this match, and didnt get an early look in as Ramkumar held comfortably in the third game to lead 2-1.I knew it would be a tough match. He was suffering as well, but we were just trying to hang in there and do our best. Finally, I found a way to win the match and take the point for my country, Lopez said after the win. They love Rafa, and hes such a big idol around the world. Its an honour for us to have him in our team. Thank you, all of you, for coming to watch. We are hoping that you will come in tomorrow as well.Ramkumar, 21, appearing in only his third Davis Cup singles match, was solid at the baseline even as Lopez tried to serve and volley on the slow surface. The left-handed Lopez squandered two break point opportunities in the fifth game before capitalizing on the third break point with a passing shot down the line to lead 3-2.Guys, thank you. I was not able to get enough first serves. I was trying my best, but unfortunately I could not win. It was a good match, and I dont regret anything, Ramkumar said. I gave it my best and didnt win and I wish Saketh good luck. I couldnt return as well as I hoped. Id like to thank my parents.Lopez, who has made 59 consecutive Grand Slam appearances, second only to Roger Federer, tried to keep the rallies short and rushed to the net at every opportunity. The strategy did not always work as Lopez won only 14 per cent of the net points in the first set.There were no breaks of serve in the next four games as Lopez won the first set 6-4 in 41 minutes. Ramkumar committed 14 unforced errors in the first set whereas Lopez committed only 8. Ramkumars inexperience showed in the first game of the second set as he failed to put away a couple of volleys to lose serve. Lopez then unveiled an array of strokes with a lovely drop shot and some nicely placed serves in the ad court which dragged Ramkumar out of the court often.The next five games saw no breaks of serve as both the players held comfortably and Ramkumar showed greater energy and let out a couple of big roars after holding serve.Ramkumar faced a break point in the seventh game but managed to hold with a couple of good first serves. The second set saw only one break of serve as Lopez won the set 6-4 in 34 minutes.Lopezs serve proved to be the difference as he won 93 per cent of the first serve points whereas Ramkumar won only 62 per cent points on his first serve in the second set. The third set saw both players hold serve comfortably in the first five games but Ramkumar took a medical time out after the fifth game with what looked like a bout of cramps.Ramkumar came out charging after the time out as he had two break points opportunities in the eighth game and put Lopezs serve under pressure. He converted the third opportunity with a passing shot to lead 5-3.He then held serve to close out the set 6-3 in 40 minutes. The unforced errors mounted up for Lopez as he committed 10 to Ramkumars six in the third set.Lopez broke Ramkumar in the second game of the fourth set with a passing shot as Ramkumar continued to be uncomfortable at the net.Lopez ran away with the match in the fourth set as he broke Ramkumar again to go up 5-1. He then held serve to win the set 6-1 in 28 minutes.Ferrer doubles Spains leadDavid Ferrer gave Spain a commanding 2-0 lead at the end of the first set after he defeated Saketh Myneni 6-1, 6-2, 6-1 in one hour and 28 minutes in the second singles match of the day.Ferrer, ranked 13th in the world, was in imposing form from the beginning, breaking Mynenis serve twice in the first set to win it 6-1 in 22 minutes. Myneni was first broken in the fourth game when he committed a double fault on break point.The 34 year-old Ferrer, who has a 25-4 career record in singles matches in the Davis Cup, attacked from the baseline and kept the rallies short with 6 winners in the first set.The trend continued in the second set as the 28 year-old Myneni was broken twice in the first three games. The slow court helped Ferrers game as it neutralized Mynenis serve.Unlike Lopez, Ferrer rarely approached the net and controlled the rallies from the baseline. He raced to a 5-0 lead in the second set after breaking Myneni for the fifth time.Myneni got himself on the scoreboard in the second set after Ferrer committed a double fault to lose serve in the sixth game of the second set.Ferrer made Myneni scamper from corner to corner as he worked the ball around the court as he won the second set 6-2 in 34 minutes.World number 137 Saketh was broken twice early in the third set as Ferrer led 4-0. He then wrapped up the set 6-1 in 30 minutes. Ray Nitschke Super Bowl Jersey . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. Elgton Jenkins Super Bowl Jersey . Calgary scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored twice as the Flames cruised to a 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Saturday. http://www.shoptheofficialpackers.com/Elite-Oren-Burks-Packers-Jersey/ . Barcelona also left injured defenders Carles Puyol, Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba out of its squad for the trip to Glasgow. That means that Marc Bartra will probably start again in the centre of the defence alongside Gerard Pique. Rashan Gary Super Bowl Jersey .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins placed forward James Neal on injured reserve Tuesday. Jamaal Williams Super Bowl Jersey . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night.Wimbledon, England (Sports Network) - Five-time champion Serena Williams reached the fourth round at Wimbledon after recording her 600th career win on Saturday night. The world No. 1 Williams had little trouble in a 6-2, 6-0 drubbing of Japanese veteran Kimiko Date-Krumm. "On Centre Court, what better place to win my 600th match?" said Williams, who became the 15th player in WTA history to reach the milestone. Williams fired eight aces and claimed 8-of-9 points at the net while extending her career-best winning streak to 34 matches. The 42-year-old Date-Krumm, who made her Wimbledon debut in 1989, is the oldest woman in the Open Era to have reached the third round at the All England Club. Next up for Williams will be Sabine Lisicki. The 23rd-seeded German knocked off former U.S. Open champ Samantha Stosur with a 4-6, 6-2, 6-1 decision. Lisicki reached the 2011 Wimbledon semifinals and was twice a quarterfinalist. Polands Agnieszka Radwanska and Chinas Li Na also won three-set matches. Radwanska, the fourth seed and last years runner-up, battled past American Madison Keys, 7-5, 4-6, 6-3, while the sixth-seeded Li came back from a set down to earn a 4-6, 6-0, 8-6 triumph over Klara Zakopalova of the Czech Republic. Radwanskas next opponent will be Bulgarias Tsvetana Pironkova, a 6-1, 4-6, 6-2 winner over Croatias Petra Martic. Pironkovas only Grand Slam success has come at the famed lawns of the London suburb. Shes never been past the second round at the Australian Open or French Open and has had one run to the fourth round in seven tries at the U.S. Open. However, she was a Wimbledon semifinalist in 2010 and a quarterfinalist in 2011. Li will meet Italian 11th seed Roberta Vinci in the fourth round on Monday. The 2011 French Open champ from China is into the second week at Wimbledon for just the third time in seven visits, with quarterfinal appearances in 2006 and 2010 her best results. Vinci advanced Saturday with a 6-1, 6-4 rout of Slovakias Dominika Cibulkova. Also Satturday, British crowd favorite Laura Robson rallied from a set and a break down to beat New Zealands Marina Erakovic.ddddddddddddThe 1-6, 7-5, 6-3 win lifted Robson into a fourth-round match against Estonias Kaia Kanepi, a 6-2, 6-3 winner over American Alison Riske. "I just tried to put the pressure on her serve, and she made a couple of double faults, which helped me," said Robson about coming back against Erakovic. "I knew that that was my chance to get in her head a little bit, and thats what I did." Petra Kvitova and Sloane Stephens were among the early winners Saturday in matches that were halted Friday due to darkness. Kvitova, the 2011 champ and this years eighth seed, trailed in the third set of her match against Russian Ekaterina Makarova on Friday, but the Czech star dominated when play resumed. She dropped just one game Saturday and advanced with a 6-3, 2-6, 6-3 triumph. "I didnt have a good nights sleep," mused Kvitova. "The match was still in my mind, what was good and bad. Today was another day for me. I played aggressively and that was the key." Next up for Kvitova will be Spains Carla Suarez Navarro, who completed her third-round win Friday against Canadas Eugenie Bouchard. Stephens also had her match halted by darkness Friday after splitting the first two sets with Petra Cetkovska, but the 17th-seeded American managed to pull out a 7-6 (7-3), 0-6, 6-4 victory. Just 20 years old, Stephens has now reached at least the fourth round of each Grand Slam this year. She was a surprise semifinalist at the Australian Open after beating Williams in the quarters and lost to Maria Sharapova in the French Open fourth round. Monica Puig will be the fourth round opponent for Stephens on Monday. The Puerto Rico native upset fifth-seeded Sara Errani in the first round and completed her first week at the All England Club with a 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 win over Eva Birnerova of the Czech Republic in another match stopped Friday by darkness. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen