n better than what we thought was his best.

in Allgemein 13.01.2020 13:58
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

Adelaide coach Don Pyke says hes highly confident gun onballer Brad Crouch will sign a new deal in the coming weeks.There are reports the 22-year-old, who is out of contract at the end of the season, has agreed to terms for an extension which will keep him at West Lakes until the end of 2020.Clearly, hes a wanted player and thats been communicated clearly to Brad in terms of where the contract sits, Pyke said on Thursday.We remain really confident that well be able to sign Brad pretty shortly.Securing a new deal for Crouch would represent a big win for Adelaide after a number of Melbourne-based clubs were linked to the Victorian.The powerful midfielder, who gathered a season-best 34-touches in Adelaides 138-point flogging of Brisbane on Saturday, is considered a key figure in the Crows midfield plans following the departure of Patrick Dangerfield.Crouch missed games early in the season with a hamstring injury and was dropped to the SANFL after struggling for form but has since strung together seven consecutive games and played some of his best football.I know there was a period there where he was a bit frustrated when he was looking to play AFL footy, Pyke said.It was always part of the plan in my eyes to get him back (to the SANFL) to give him the confidence in his body and how he was playing so that when he came back in wed see this sort of form.Its good from a coaching viewpoint because its validated our approach towards him and how we tried to manage him.I think hes now seeing the benefit in terms of being able to play the way we know he can play with his explosive speed and ball-winning ability and hes able to do it through four quarters.Crouch, whose younger brother Matt has also cemented a spot in the Crows midfield this year, has had a cursed injury run during his short career, missing all of last season with a foot injury and breaking his leg in 2014.He finished second behind Gold Coasts Jaeger OMeara in AFL Rising Star voting in his debut season in 2013.Pyke meanwhile confirmed ruckman Sam Jacobs will miss Sundays clash with Fremantle at Subiaco Oval after struggling to recover from an ankle injury.His absence means rookie Reilly OBrien will go head-to-head with imposing Dockers star Aaron Sandilands. Mason Crosby Super Bowl Jersey . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. Blake Martinez Super Bowl Jersey .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. https://www.packersrookiestore.com/Packers-Reggie-White-Jersey/ . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. Bart Starr Super Bowl Jersey . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . Raven Greene Super Bowl Jersey . It might not have mattered. While the Dodgers are preparing for the playoffs, the Padres showed their future has promise behind two rookies. October 28 Welcome to the world of modern travel, where everything goes via the Middle East. Even the route from Cape Town to Perth. On a map, it seems the best way to get from one to the other is along a straight line through the southern hemisphere. On an airline schedule, thats not possible. Instead, I will spend nine and a half hours going up to Dubai and then ten and a half hours going down. Add the changeover in Dubai and it means a full 24 hours of travel, and with the time differences, I will arrive two days after I left. Say what?October 29 I think today is Saturday but Im not really sure. I feel trapped in a time warp I dont understand.October 30 Touch down in Perth around 2am. Decide to normalise by sleeping and then force myself to get to the series launch around midday. Its a public event, at Elizabeth Quay, which is also set-up for Diwali festivities. A decent-sized group of people has come to see the Australian and South African teams, and the players are introduced individually. Most get a cheer - David Warner and Dale Steyn louder than the others - but when Dane Vilas walks out, there is complete silence. Poor guy.October 31 Welcome to the world of modern sports media, where the press conference is the most common method of communication. We have no fewer than nine interviews here. Australia put up six players in an open media session, South Africa three. Our heads are swimming with quotes. The most interesting things to come out of the day are Usman Khawajas views on diversity and the Australian fascination with Temba Bavuma. At 1.61 metres, Bavuma is among the shorter sportsmen around and has to field several questions about how he has adapted his technique to his height. Bavuma seems a bit bewildered by the attention but answers the questions as carefully as he can.November 1 The race that stops Australia will be run today, and though Im not in Melbourne, its still a big deal. Im familiar with showstoppers like this - we in South Africa have the Met in January and the Durban July (you know when) - but the Melbourne Cup is a little different. Across Australia, people dress up as though they are at the venue itself, and at 3pm Australian Eastern Standard Time, time stands still. I havent quite got used to the time zone yet, and around noon Im heading to the WACA, wondering why the streets are deserted. When I realise the gun is about to go, I get a move on and get there just in time to pop my head into the guards hut and see the end of the race.November 2 The day before a big Test series is a usually a frenzy of last-minute previews. We wind down with a traditional barbeque at a local journalists home. Our hosts daughter is doing a project on the Democratic Republic of Congo and I offer to help. How often do you go back to Africa? she asks me. I live there, I tell her, as her eyes widen in disbelief.November 3 South Africa stumble through the first day on a pitch with better bounce and carry than I have seen in months. Later we all stumble around on a walking tour, organised by Tourism Western Australia. The idea is to roam the laneways to discover how Perth is Melbournising, and stop at bars along the way. Our guide has the remarkable ability to talk to us while walking backwards. She doesnt lose her step once, not even on St Georges Terrace, said to be the windiest street in the southern hemisphere. At our second and last stop, our holiday-making UK colleague Andrew McGlashan joins us.November 4 Theres an awful feeling when Steyn goes down, clutching his shoulder, with a look on his face worse than when he left the field against India and England last summer. I suspect its serious but first need to turn attention to the remarkable comeback the rest of South Africas attack are staging. At the end of the day we discover Steyn will be out of action for at least six months.November 5 It is due to be 37 degrees today, so I choose a simple T-shirt-style dress to wear. When I arrive at the WACA, at the gate the media use (which is also the members gate), security staff stop me. My dress is too short. The members dress code dictates that dresses must sit no more than 5cm above the knee. Im quite sure mine is not shorter than that, but they disagree. After a protracted discussion - during which one woman is told shee isnt allowed in because the straps on her top are too thin - I am admitted but told not to leave the press box through the day.dddddddddddd Inevitably I have to and am warned a second time. Another journalist tweets about it and a social-media storm erupts.That evening I see Steyn waiting for an Uber in the city centre. He has just got off a train from visiting his uncle in a suburb about 40 minutes away. He admits his shoulder is very sore and says he is resigned to a lengthy period on the sidelines and that he is not going to try and rush back. He will leave Perth tomorrow night, so wont see the result, which looks headed South Africas way.November 6 I pick a dress that extends to my ankles today, but my colleague Melinda Farrell doesnt. She also bares her shoulders. She is reprimanded at the gate, and now that the rest of the press pack know about the issue, another social-media storm erupts. To the WACAs credit, their stadium manager visits us and apologises profusely. He assures us we both look fine.November 7 I wear pants today but am stopped at the gate yet again. No thongs allowed, says the staff member. I present the media argument again. I am let in. This time, both Melinda and I receive an email apology from the WACA CEO. She says the members code will be reviewed and the ground wants to bring about change. We didnt enjoy the attention over our choice of clothing but were pleased weve achieved something. South Africa have too - the series lead. Given how far they had fallen last summer, their dominance is unexpected.November 8 Hobart is the only destination on this tour that Ive not been to before, so I am particularly looking forward to being there. Its Australias second oldest city and one with an extensive convict history. Ive just finished reading Alex Haleys Roots, and I want to find something similar but Australian. Ive been recommended For the Term of his Natural Life by Marcus Clarke and I make it my mission to track it down - if I can ever feel my fingers again; its cold in Hobart. November 9 I was warned to expect less than summery conditions in Hobart but I didnt anticipate a wind so icy it threatens to freeze the blood in my veins. Not to make this all about my wardrobe but I need more clothes. Cricket Tasmanias digital-media manager, Michelle Cooling, offers to lend me some. Among them is a Hobart Hurricanes hoodie. Shes got a fan for life.November 10 Still havent managed to get to a bookshop but I am enjoying learning about the local food. Melinda takes me to Mures, a seafood establishment on the harbour, where we splash out on all the regions delicacies. Oysters done four ways, scallops, white fish, even a dessert of chocolate tarts. Its definitely among the best meals Ive ever eaten.November 11 A cannon being towed by a Ute rolls past on my morning run, headed to the Anzac Parade. Its Remembrance Day. The colonial history is more marked here than anywhere else in Australia Ive seen, especially in the architecture. The Queen Victoria Clock Tower, now home to the General Post Office, was built by public subscription and has become one of my favourite landmarks.November 12 Theres no rain yet but Australia are drowned anyway. Vernon Philander rolls back the years and takes 5 for 21. Its an even better performance than on his debut. After suffering torn ankle ligaments last season, he seems to have regained confidence and become even better than what we thought was his best. As I leave the ground, I see the Australian team bus, driven by Nathan Lyon, pull up next to Philander, who is walking to the South African bus. Lyon rolls down the window and congratulates Philander. Sportsmanship is still alive.November 13 The expected rain is finally here, and as the day progresses, it only gets heavier. When we arrive at the ground, the teams have not even turned up. We know its only a matter of time before play is called off. It happens at 2pm. I squeeze in a trip to the Hobart Book Shop and pick up a copy of Clarkes book. Im reminded that this time last year I was in Bangalore, covering the washout that was AB de Villiers 100th Test. Nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen