The Calgary Flames aim to bounce back from their first

in Allgemein 15.01.2020 13:37
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- Dan Ugglas batting average is the last thing on his mind. The slugging second baseman prefers to concentrate on home runs, RBIs and the Atlanta Braves comfortable lead atop the NL East. Uggla had two homers and four RBIs in an 8-1 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday. It was the 18th multihomer game for the three-time All-Star and his second this year. Since the start of the 2006 season, his first in the majors, Uggla leads all players at his position with 222 home runs -- 42 more than Yankees slugger Robinson Cano. He entered this four-game series hitting .183. "The batting average is what it is," Uggla said. "I mean, it aint the first time Ive hit .180, .170, .160, whatever. But I throw those numbers out the door. The way I look at it, were eight games up right now -- and thats without me doing anything at all. But I know what Im capable of doing. And if I can be more consistent and help these guys out by driving in some runs, thats all that matters. "You always want to feel like you matter and feel like you were a factor. There were a lot of times this year where I didnt. So to get some homers and drive in some runs feels good," he added. Freddie Freeman drove in three runs with a double and Mike Minor kept the Braves rotation rolling with six solid innings. Atlanta had an eight-game lead over second-place Washington -- the largest of any division leader -- pending the nightcap of the Nationals doubleheader against Minnesota. The Braves, who won the season series 5-2, grabbed a 4-1 lead with four runs in the third against rookie Matt Magill (0-2). All of them were unearned because of an error by three-time Gold Glove first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, who fielded Justin Uptons dribbler a few feet from the foul line and dropped the ball while making a hurried attempt to tag him. It was his seventh error, two more than he had last season. Freemans single loaded the bases, and Evan Gattis followed with a sacrifice fly before Uggla drove a 2-1 pitch into the Dodgers bullpen in left field. He led off the fifth against Ronald Belisario with his 13th of the season and third in two days. "Hes a veteran player, hes been around a while and hes seen every kind of pitch. So nothing can fool him," Magill said. "But if you dont have good command, you cant get anybody out." Minor (8-2) allowed a run and six hits, struck out six and walked three while helping the Braves gain a split of the four-game series. The left-hander is 5-0 with a 1.76 ERA over his last seven starts. Atlantas rotation has yielded four runs in 37 1-3 innings spanning the teams last six games. The stretch includes eight innings of one-hit ball by rookie Julio Teheran -- who came within four outs of a no-hitter on Wednesday against Pittsburgh -- and back-to-back starts by Tim Hudson and Paul Maholm in which each allowed one run in Braves losses. "Its just a friendly competition among everybody. You always want to top the guy before you," Minor said. Magill was charged with seven runs -- three earned -- and four hits over 3 2-3 innings in his sixth major league start, none of which the Dodgers have won. The 23-year-old right-hander from Simi Valley issued six walks, giving him 28 in 27 2-3 innings and a 6.51 ERA. He was recalled Sunday from Triple-A Albuquerque to fill in for Ted Lilly, who wasnt able to pitch because of a neck sprain and was placed on the disabled list for the third time this season. "Its tough not being able to have a set schedule and not being able to pitch every five days," said Magill, who gave up nine walks last Sunday at Colorado in a 7-2 loss. "But when they need you here, youve got to make sacrifices and still be able to compete. Thats why its so frustrating, because Im not giving myself a chance to win games. I know in my head I can do it, but my bodys just not hooking up right now the way I want it to and my fastball command hasnt been there." Atlanta increased the margin to 7-1 in the fourth when Magill loaded the bases with his second walk of the inning and gave up Freemans three-run double just beyond the outstretched glove of centre fielder Skip Schumaker after getting a visit from pitching coach Rick Honeycutt. "When youve got bases loaded and two outs, you just want to try and get at least one more run," said Freeman, second in the NL in hitting with runners in scoring position. "Im not trying to do anything differently with guys on base. I just try to hit the ball hard every single at-bat, and for some reason they seem to fall with people on. I was fortunate to get one in the gap and luckily he didnt make that play. Its always nice to kind of blow it open a little bit and let Mike settle in." Los Angeles loaded the bases with none out in the first on the first of three hits by electrifying rookie Yasiel Puig, a bunt single by Nick Punto and a walk to Gonzalez. Puig was forced at the plate on a grounder and Luis Cruz struck out, but Schumaker drove in Punto with an infield single. That extended his career-high hitting streak to 15 games, the longest by a Dodgers player this season. NOTES: Puig completed his first week in the majors with 13 hits in 28 at-bats, four homers and 10 RBIs in seven games. ... Minor is 13-2 with a 2.33 ERA in his last 20 starts, a stretch that began after his 5-0 loss to the Dodgers on Aug. 19. ... Schumaker started in CF for the seventh time this season, with Andre Ethier getting the day off and Matt Kemp still on the DL. Davante Adams Super Bowl Jersey . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. Preston Smith Super Bowl Jersey . Uniteds eighth defeat of a wretched campaign means Liverpool, which currently occupies the fourth and final Champions League place, could go nine points clear of its fierce rival by beating West Bromwich Albion on Sunday. Charlie Adam scored both of Stokes goals at Britannia Stadium either side of Robin van Persies equalizer, with a miserable day for seventh-place United capped by first-half injuries to centre halves Jonny Evans and Phil Jones that forced them off. http://www.packersonlineteamstore.com/david-bakhtiari-youth-jersey.html . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Packers Super Bowl Jerseys .com) - The Calgary Flames aim to bounce back from their first regulation home loss of the campaign on Friday night when they host a Detroit Red Wings club that they swept in three meetings a season ago. JK Scott Super Bowl Jersey . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars.KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Chicago White Sox recalled right-hander Brian Omogrosso from Triple-A Charlotte before the start of Friday nights game against the Kansas City Royals. Omogrosso appeared in 11 games for the White Sox earlier this year, and had a 5.14 ERA over 14 innings. He was 0-1 with a 4.91 ERAA in 10 games at Charlotte.dddddddddddd Omogrosso took the place of right-hander Deunte Heath, who was optioned to Charlotte after Thursdays loss to the Minnesota Twins. Heath allowed three runs in two innings Wednesday night and was carrying an 11.74 ERA in five appearances this season. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen