s the first player to open a season for the Li

in Allgemein 16.01.2020 13:56
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

Manny Pacquiao says he and Floyd Mayweather owe the boxing public a rematch in order to win back the trust of the fans.Their long-awaited fight last year proved to be an anticlimax as Pacquiao injured his shoulder in the build-up and subsequently stumbled his way to a points defeat after 12 rounds of a largely uneventful bout.But the Filipino, who defeated Jessie Vargas in Las Vegas on Saturday to win the world welterweight title in a fight attended by Mayweather, is confident any rematch would not be the same disappointment.If we fight again I will do everything in my power to win back the trust of the fans, Pacquiao told the Daily Mail. They would not be disappointed again if it happens.I promise to make sure they love it. That is what we owe them. We have not had any discussions about a second fight but I know I will be boxing again. And if the fans want it, why not?I will make sure I am able to be my best if there is a next time.Mayweather was typically coy when approached ahead of the Pacquiao-Vargas. Im just taking [my daughter] to the fight, he said. Custom Roy Oswalt Jersey . Note: The Calgary Flames announced Tuesday that Sean Monahan would not be made available to Canadas World Junior team. Jose Urquidy Jersey . -- Quarterback Will Finch threw for 252 yards and three touchdowns, and Yannick Harou rushed in two scores as the No. http://www.customastrosjersey.com/custom-brian-hunter-jersey-large-456y.html . Louis Blues teammates who would also be participating in the Olympics, Alex Pietrangelo felt right at home, no different in some ways to the travel experience of any old road trip – save for the length of the journey, that is. Jeff Bagwell Jersey . Speaking Thursday on TSN 1050 Thursday, the Leafs GM also touched on the questions surrounding the teams leadership and the struggles of his big-name free-agent signing. “Its not from lack of effort from the coaching staff. Jim Umbricht Jersey . Lack made 20 saves for his third shutout of the season as the Canucks blanked the St. Louis Blues 1-0 in the first post-Olympic game for both teams night. ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Kerry Hyder is humble, not bitter. Motivated, not satisfied.Only the reigning Super Bowl MVP, Von Miller of the Denver Broncos, has more sacks this season than Hyder, a player few had heard of a year ago. The defensive end has five sacks and has been one of the few bright spots for the Detroit Lions (1-3) so far.Hyder quietly waited his turn to get a chance to play in the NFL, going undrafted in 2014 and spending nearly two seasons on practice squads with the New York Jets and Lions before getting his shot. He is making the most of an opportunity that came about because Ezekiel Ansah has missed much of the season with a sprained left ankle.Hyder insisted he never doubted his ability to play in the league.It was just a matter of time, Hyder said Wednesday.Hyder speaks softly with a gentle smile, but practices hard and plays with relentless effort to make up for his lack of imposing size or blazing speed. The 6-foot-2, 270-pound Hyder understands why he was not among the 256 players taken in the 2014 NFL draft after he had two sacks as a senior at Texas Tech.Im not 6-5. I dont have the measureables that people look for, he said. A player like me just needs a chance to get in to show that you can make plays at this level. It was hard. Sometimes I would get anxious and wonder why I wasnt getting a shot. My mom and dad would always tell me to enjoy the process. My dad would remind me there are a bunch of people fighting for those practice squad spots so make them earn it if theyre going to take your spot.The Rex Ryan-led Jets gave him his first NFL job, putting him on their practice squad two years ago.When the season was over, Rex wasnt there anymore andd it was clearly time for me to find a better situation, Hyder said.ddddddddddddHyders second chance came last year in Detroit and he took advantage. He was regularly recognized for helping the team prepare for opponents as the look team player of the week.He got it several weeks, Lions coach Jim Caldwell said. And, he probably couldve gotten it almost every week.Caldwell and his coaches noticed Hyder was in the backfield a lot so they moved him from defensive tackle to end and asked him to lose some weight. It has worked out for both parties.Hyder is the first player to open a season for the Lions with a sack in four straight games since William Gay did it in 1983. When Detroit hosts the NFC East-leading Philadelphia Eagles (3-0) on Sunday, one of Hyders former teammates will be thrilled to see him in uniform on a game day for a change.Im glad that Kerry Hyder finally gets the respect hes due, Eagles linebacker Stephen Tulloch said. Hes a guy that wears number 61. Nobody thought he would make the team.Even though Hyders spot on the team is secure, he plans to maintain his pace as a pass-rusher for a team that desperately needs it with Ansah and linebacker DeAndre Levy nursing injuries.I just want to keep it going, Hyder said. I dont want to dwell on what has happened in the last game or the game before that. If I keep playing hard, the stats will come.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Larry Lage at http://www.twitter.com/larrylage and follow his work at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/larry-lage ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen