ressed by how quickly the former Melbourn

in Allgemein 16.01.2020 13:57
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Now the Texas Rangers wait to find out their playoff opponent.After wrapping up a 95-win regular season on Sunday with a 6-4 loss in 10 innings to Tampa Bay, the AL West champion Rangers will open the AL Division Series at home on Thursday against the wild card winner -- Baltimore or Toronto.That means a possible ALDS rematch against the Blue Jays, who last October overcame a 2-0 series deficit and won the deciding Game 5 at home after the Rangers had a three-error inning and Jose Bautistas emphatic bat flip after he hit the go-ahead homer.When asked if it mattered if the Rangers (95-67) get another shot against the Blue Jays, shortstop Elvis Andrus responded, Not really, because our final prize is not beating one team. We know we have to beat three teams to win it all.In the last regular-season game between the Rangers and Blue Jays in Texas on May 15, second baseman Rougned Odor punched Bautista, igniting a bench-clearing brawl that led to several suspensions.Texas manager Jeff Banister said he isnt concerned about who the Rangers play, or the situation that would surround any opponent.I think that our focus supersedes anything that we might encounter in any location. We dont get to choose whom we play, we dont get to choose where we play, Banister said. We just have earned the opportunity to play someone, somewhere. ... Well stay focused, dedicated to what we need to do, and Ill leave it at that.In the regular-season finale Sunday, Alexei Ramirez had four hits, including a 10th-inning double before scoring for the Rays after Texas had tied the game in the ninth against closer Alex Colome.The Rays then opened the 10th with three consecutive hits off Tanner Scheppers (1-1). Richie Shaffer led off with a single before going to third on Ramirezs double and scoring on a wild pitch. Curt Casali then had an RBI double.While the Rangers fell one win shy of matching the franchise record for victories, they had already clinched home-field advantage through the postseason.The Rays (68-94) finished with their worst record since going 66-96 in 2007, the year before going to their only World Series.Good win on the last day, Rays manager Kevin Cash said. Long game, back and forth, but a nice win.Andrus went 0 for 3 and had two strikeouts but finished the regular season with a .302 batting average. It is the first .300 season for the Rangers longest-tenured position player in his eighth year -- and the player who had two errors in that decisive seventh inning last October.Ive got to pound the table for a guy that at the end of the year last year, just where he was to where his determination, I think he told you all that this would be a time for him that would be an incredible moment and he was going to come back focused, rededicated and have a significant year, Banister said.Jonathan Lucroy homered for Texas, his 24th this season and 11th for the Rangers since being acquired in a trade Aug. 1 from Milwaukee.Jared Hoying, Robinson Chirinos and Hanser Alberto, hitting in the Nos. 2-4 spots after not being in the starting lineup, had consecutive singles to start the Texas ninth and tie the game 4-4 against Colome (2-4), who had only his third blown save in 40 chances this season.HITTING .300Adrian Beltre went 1 for 2 in the finale, to finish at exactly .300, along with 32 homers and 104 RBI. It is the sixth time in his career to hit .300, and the fourth time in six year with Texas. ... The Rangers had two .300 hitters in the regular season for the first time since 2012 with Beltre and David Murphy.FIRST RUN IN A WHILERamirez had an RBI single in the seventh off reliever Jake Diekman that made it 4-2 and ended the Rangers franchise-record stretch of 35 1/3 consecutive scoreless innings by their bullpen.SHORT HOPSThe game last exactly 4 hours, the second-longest game in length of time for Texas this season. ... Erasmo Ramirez, the seventh Rays pitcher and 14th in the game, worked the 10th for his second save.TRAINERS ROOMRays: CF Kevin Kiermaier missed the finale with a bruised left calf after getting hit by a pitch in Saturday nights game.Rangers: RF Shin-Soo Choo, playing for the third time after missing 39 games because of a broken left forearm, was 1 for 4 while playing seven innings. Al Tucker Jersey . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. Gus Williams Jersey . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a good or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races look to me. https://www.supersonicsjerseys.com/830s-paul-westphal-jersey-supersonics.html . The Celtics closed out their first preseason under Stevens on Wednesday night with a 101-97 victory over the Brooklyn Nets, who rested a lot of their lineup including former Celtics Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. Tommy Burleson Jersey .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins placed forward James Neal on injured reserve Tuesday. Lenny Wilkens Jersey . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. Rugby league convert Marika Koroibete has been backed to follow in the footsteps of Wallabies star Israel Folau - by the fellow code-hopper himself.Folau, who described the 24-year-old Koroibete as an exceptional talent, has seen enough in the first two weeks of the Spring Tour to believe Australian rugby has another star on its hands.Hes an exceptional player, his speed and natural talent is all there, Folau said.Just having a quiet chat to him I think (hes) trying to learn the similar things to what I was learning when I first entered the game.Im sure over time hell get the hang of things and I think the best way to learn is just playing.When he gets his opportunity to get game time Im sure hell learn.Thats the quickest way hell learn, as much as he does, in and around training.Its unlikely Koroibete will earn a maiden Test cap on this tour, but he is expected to get some gametime when an Australian experimental side plays the French Barbarians in Bordeaux in a fortnight, in a non-Test match.Attack coach Stephen Larkham has been impressed by how quickly the former Melbourne Storm winger has grasped the game.Weve only been together for a couple of weeks now ... I think hes juust starting to find his feet within the team now, Larkham said.ddddddddddddHes been training mainly with the second team and starting to find combination within that team at this stage.And while Koroibete has experienced some teething problems at training - including a minor mishap where he split a finger open - Folau says its no different to the blur he experienced when first joining rugby in 2013.I was a little bit confused Ive got to say, said Folau, who on Saturday against Scotland at Murrayfield will play his 50th Test.The hardest part was all the things that go on at the breakdown and what to do there.Otherwise when I got the opportunity to train with the Waratahs and play, (Michael) Cheika was the coach there and he just kind of gave me the opportunity to roam and get a feel for the game which was good for me.Playing at the back at fullback you can certainly see everything unfold from the back so it was a good thing for me to learn and do as much as I can.Make a lot of mistakes and that was the thing that made me learn as quick as possible. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen