lumping American got into the field on a spon

in Allgemein 16.01.2020 13:57
von MJL456 • 2.720 Beiträge

BOULDER, Colo. -- The constant stream of personal-foul penalties on No. 16 Colorado last week provided an instant wake-up call.As in, having to set those alarms for bright and early because 80 reps of up-downs along with a series of timed sprints awaited the Buffaloes the next day. The impromptu workout session was the punishment handed out by coach Mike MacIntyre for eight personal-foul penalties in a 20-10 win over UCLA on Thursday.The Buffaloes (7-2, 5-1 Pac-12, No. 12 CFP) vow to keep cooler heads Saturday at Arizona (2-7, 0-6), especially in the thick of a Pac-12 South title chase.The way we played is not normally how we play, said senior outside linebacker Jimmie Gilbert, who was flagged for targeting in the first quarter for a hit on sliding UCLA QB Mike Fafaul that carried an ejection. In order to be Pac-12 champions, we cant play like that -- ever.We gave up a lot of (yards) just because of penalties -- stupid personal fouls, offsides, things like that. By coach punishing us for that, its a way of getting that mistake corrected and putting a message in our head that that isnt acceptable.The Buffaloes averaged the least amount of penalty yards per game in the league before Thursdays meltdown in which they drew 12 flags for 128 yards. MacIntyre can live with some of the personal-foul calls. Those were just his team being overly aggressive, he explained.But he took issue with the unsportsmanlike conduct flags such as taunting and hitting a player out of bounds.Thats totally selfish and all that does is hurt the team, MacIntyre said. After the whistle is blown -- those type of plays are what really irritates me.The Buffaloes met as a team the following day and addressed it.We looked each other in the eyes and in the face and we said, `Were not going to do that again, senior running back Phillip Lindsay said. That will get us beat down the line, making stupid penalties. Weve got to hold each other accountable.And with that, the issue was put to rest.Now on to the next task -- jump-starting a lackluster offense. The Buffaloes averaged 39 points in their opening seven games, but struggled to score against Stanford and UCLA.To not be playing our best offense is pretty frustrating, said senior quarterback Sefo Liufau, whos set or tied 82 school records in his career. After the Stanford game, I was upset with my performance. And UCLA, I was striving too much for perfection instead of throwing the ball.I want to be perfect and get the ball to the guys, let them make plays.Still, the defense and special teams have bailed the Buffaloes out. Colorados defense held Stanford to 263 total yards in a 10-5 win and special teams sealed with the victory over the Bruins, courtesy of Isaiah Olivers 68-yard punt return for a TD with 5:27 remaining.Thats just the way things have been going around Boulder this season.They can handle the moment now -- if its good, bad or indifferent, said MacIntyre, whose team is trying to move to 8-2 for the first time since 2001. They just keeping pushing through it.In the past, when they werent sure about that, it was like, `Oh, no, and panic a little bit and lose a little bit of focus. I think we now crank our focus up. I think we crank our intensity up as a whole group.Gilbert couldnt agree more.Were playing phenomenal, said Gilbert, whos tied for the most forced fumbles (5) in the nation this season. Weve still got mistakes weve got to get corrected. We still have a lot to complete, but weve made tremendous strides.Game notes Kicker Davis Price (mono) will be healthy enough to play Saturday, MacIntyre said. ... Oliver was named the Pac-12 special teams player of the week.---For more college football coverage: http://www.collegefootball.ap.org Larry Allen Jersey .ca. Kerry, Just watched the shootout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count? All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. John David Crow Jersey . The 17-year-old native of Marystown, N.L., pulled out of Skate Canada International last month in Saint John, N.B., with the same problem. http://www.custompatriotsjersey.com/custom-j-t-osullivan-jersey-large-881f.html . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Richard Dent Jersey . -- The Missouri Tigers might not have a roster full of superstars. Lawyer Milloy Jersey . Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi scored, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic setting up both despite having a poor game by his high standards. Forward Eduardo gave Ajaccio the lead in the sixth minute after being set up by right winger Benjamin Andre, and the Corsican side looked comfortable in the first half, with the lively Johan Cavalli causing problems with his probing runs from midfield. HAINAN, China -- Minjee Lee birdied the final three holes for a 7-under 65 and a two-stroke lead Thursday in the Blue Bay LPGA , playing in perfect conditions two days after Typhoon Sarika hit the resort.Lee hit a long flop shot to a foot from a difficult angle on the par-5 18th on Jian Lakes Blue Bay course, back in top shape after a large cleanup effort. The 20-year-old Australian was delayed traveling from the event that ended Sunday in South Korea and finally got to the resort Wednesday, limiting her to nine holes of practice.Maybe its better, Lee said. I think it was pretty similar for a lot of the girls. I just took it as it is. Its OK. ... We have an amazing view from our hotel room and the course is in great condition. I think were really lucky to be here.American Jessica Korda and Germanys Sandra Gal shot 67 on the long course with large rolling, tiered greens with small effective landing areas.Its in great shape and we had no wind, Gal said. Theres lot of tiers and little pockets on the greens, so you really got to know where to pitch it and you got to be sharp with your wedges and distances.Lee hit to 6 inches to set up a birdie on the par-5 14th. She has two LPGA Tour victories, winning last year in Kingsmill and in April in Hawaii.I just took it one shot at a time and didnt get ahead of myself, Lee said. Just played my own game today and a lot of my putts dropped.Gal holed out from 89 yards for eagle on the par-4 second hole. She settled for par on 18 when her chip from light rough just off the green, hit the downslope, ticked the flagstick and ended up 12 feet away.I think were very lucky that the course is in such great sshape and that we all got here safe and the typhoon didnt do too much damage, Gal said.dddddddddddd. Its all good.Korda birdied three of the final four holes.Spains Carlota Ciganda , coming off a playoff victory last week in Incheon for her first LPGA Tour title, was three strokes back at 68 along with South Koreas Chella Choi.Ciganda didnt practice after arriving late.I thought it was better to rest, Ciganda said. I knew the course and my caddie just went and walked the course. Just hit some chips and putts to try to get the speed of the greens. No practice. Just go and play. I like it. Keep it simple.Canadas Brooke Henderson birdied four of the last five to join Germanys Caroline Masson and American Austin Ernst at 69. The 19-year-old Henderson is playing for the fourth straight week in Asia and plans to make it six in a row with stops in Malaysia and Japan.South Koreas Sei Young Kim, the winner last year in the wind without shooting a round in the 60s, opened with a 71. Second-ranked Ariya Jutanugarn also shot 71. The Thai star leads the tour with five victories.Michelle Wie had a 72, playing alongside Gal and Na Yeon Choi. The slumping American got into the field on a sponsor exemption.Just going to play out the rest of the season and then Im going to go back home to Hawaii, take some time off and try to regroup for next year, Wie said.Na Yeon Choi had two double bogeys in an 82. The South Korean player threw her ball in the water on 18 after missing a 12-foot eagle putt and tapping in for her lone birdie. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SantaMedical
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8413 Themen und 8420 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen